Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  QUIT using a fake southern accent!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: QUIT using a fake southern accent!!!  (Read 13447 times)

MasterBlaster

QUIT using a fake southern accent!!!
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:22:45 PM »

Your fake southern accent is very insulting to intelligent southerners.  You always use it when you're stating an opinion which you clearly think is stupid.  QUIT IT!

fisher

Re: QUIT using a fake southern accent!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 12:34:14 PM »

That is one of Ian's favorite ways to ad hominem attack.

MasterBlaster

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 12:41:01 PM »

One of the problems I have with FTL and Libertarianism in general, is that it does not try to be inclusive.  I fear that the ideas of the radical libertarians will never be a viable option unless we find a way to be more moderate!  Exclusionary thinking, e.g. all Southerners are stupid, is short-sighted.

fisher

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 12:49:50 PM »

Exclusionary thinking, e.g. all Southerners are stupid, is short-sighted.
Porcupines are very short-sighted. All FTL co-hosts are poruipines.

bonerjoe

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 12:55:59 PM »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

bonerjoe

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 12:56:22 PM »

What's a poruipine?

bonerjoe

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 12:57:56 PM »

I fear that the ideas of the radical libertarians will never be a viable option unless we find a way to be more moderate!

Compromise gets you in trouble in the end. Like that whole slavery thing with the constitution.

fisher

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 01:15:40 PM »

What's a poruipine?
The funny thing is I knew I mispelled it, and I made it worse when I "fixed" it. I should have just gone with my original crappy spelling. I originaly had "porcipine".....and to "fix" it I deleted the "c" and added a "u"....my cursor wasn't in the right place when I hit the delete key....

Oh, and Ian likes to ad hominem attack bad spelling and grammar too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 01:19:34 PM by fisher »

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 01:46:06 PM »

Hey, I'm a somewhat intelligent southerner, so it's legit for me to do the accent.  I'm even guilty of using "ya'll" in my regular speech.   :P
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

TN_FSP

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 01:47:52 PM »

One of the problems I have with FTL and Libertarianism in general, is that it does not try to be inclusive.  I fear that the ideas of the radical libertarians will never be a viable option unless we find a way to be more moderate!  Exclusionary thinking, e.g. all Southerners are stupid, is short-sighted.

What?  I thought all of the co-hosts were Southern?  Can't they make fun of themselves?  If you don't like their jokes, don't laugh at them.  Also, call them out on it.  I've called into FTL and complained about Manwich a couple of times.  Last time, I complained how we made fun of punks and such.

sarararar

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 02:05:27 PM »

Hey, I'm a somewhat intelligent southerner, so it's legit for me to do the accent.  I'm even guilty of using "ya'll" in my regular speech.   :P

Y'all*

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 04:10:08 PM »

I don't really think it is a southern accent.  There are plenty of small town people here in Indiana that talk like that.  Last time I checked Indiana was still in a fairly mid-northern location.  I guess the state could have drifted since then.

Good point, it's everywhere.  However, I've yet to meet someone that talks like that who I would consider intelligent.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Russ84

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 04:23:51 PM »

One word... "Na'wleans" 

I think I said too much for today... :lol:

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 04:26:08 PM »

However, I've yet to meet someone that talks like that who I would consider intelligent.

Exactly.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

fisher

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 05:13:39 PM »

I don't really think it is a southern accent.  There are plenty of small town people here in Indiana that talk like that.  Last time I checked Indiana was still in a fairly mid-northern location.  I guess the state could have drifted since then.
Good point, it's everywhere.  However, I've yet to meet someone that talks like that who I would consider intelligent.
You should try to get out more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  QUIT using a fake southern accent!!!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 32 queries.