Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Podcast Artwork
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast Artwork  (Read 1405 times)

Archon

Podcast Artwork
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »

I subscribe to FTL through Itunes and it is the only podcast I have that has no automatic album artwork.  I hit 'Get Album Artwork' and noting happens.  Is there just no embedded artwork?  Is there a good manual image to set?  Am I being too OCD?

DogCow

• Moof!
    • View Profile
    • DogCow Myspace Page
Re: Podcast Artwork
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:31:43 AM »

It seems as if when downloading the show from an iPhone I have artwork for the mp3 file.  If  I download the show from iTunes from the usual que then sync them to my iPhone to listen to while at work, in the car, in bed, while walking  or in the bathroom, I have no artwork on my computer or transfered to my iPhone.  The same think happens with my iPod... no artwork.

The only way to get around this is to add my own.  There are only a few podcasts that I save after listening, FTL is one.  I get a good graphic and paste it into the artwork filed just like I would with a music file.  It makes the podcasts look much nicer in iTunes and easier to find on the fly on the phone.

It seems to be hit or miss with respect to getting artwork to download with podcasts from iTunes.  I don't think it's specific to FTL.

I use a Mac.
--
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
Re: Podcast Artwork
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »

iTunes doesn't grab the artwork from the standard location; it requires something weird and proprietary.

The quick fix would probably be for Ian to turn on the iTunes workaround stuff in FeedBurner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Podcast Artwork

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 31 queries.