Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  on your FEET! ??? WTF.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: on your FEET! ??? WTF.  (Read 13103 times)

Alex Libman 15

Re: on your FEET! ??? WTF.
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2009, 11:48:49 PM »

Yeah, and if one has read the aforementioned essay in the aforementioned book, one would see very clearly why carrying this ad was a very bad idea.

Theres a difference between being an active participant in certain gov-related programs, and a passive participant.

That line is trademarked by the guy who used to wash the gas chamber floors.

Seriously, this ad is infinitely more dishonorable than my millions in medicaid fraud - it doesn't insult and diminish the government, it glorifies it!  It's like a giant "just kidding, sucka!" label attached over anything decent that FTL (and, by very close association, the FSP) has ever stood for!

:cry:

joshuathesmart

• 28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2009, 01:06:12 AM »

I dont see a problem with the ad. Well, let me be more specific, I dont see a problem with FTL profiting off this ad. Quality of the ad sucks, but if you are fortunate enough to get out of the armed services alive, take as much from those bastards as you can
They say right when they flood the house and they tear it to shreds that... destruction is a form of creation," so the fact that they burn the money is ironic. They just want to see what happens when they tear the world apart. They want to change things.

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2009, 05:21:47 AM »

Theres a difference between being an active participant in certain gov-related programs, and a passive participant.

:lol:

I dont see a problem with the ad. Well, let me be more specific, I dont see a problem with FTL profiting off this ad. Quality of the ad sucks, but if you are fortunate enough to get out of the armed services alive, take as much from those bastards as you can

If you pay taxes, you sure as hell deserve any rebate you can get.

I do find the ad out of synch with what FTL is all about, but I understand why Matk and Ian are running it. These are trying time for scoring advertising contracts - most companies are trying to cut costs, and advertising can be one of the things that gets curtailed.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2009, 10:56:04 PM »

Seriously, this ad is infinitely more dishonorable than my millions in medicaid fraud - it doesn't insult and diminish the government, it glorifies it!  It's like a giant "just kidding, sucka!" label attached over anything decent that FTL (and, by very close association, the FSP) has ever stood for!

I think they should flinagle every cent they can get from these fucks.  And if it does some good for the audience, and helps get them whats coming to them, all the better.

'Course, Libman lives in a fantasy land where the proper course of action is unattainable by anyone but him, so its kind of a moot point.   

yamnuska

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2009, 11:50:08 PM »

I also doubt that any government official would tell servicemen they are entitled to these things. When i hear "on your feet." I am reminded of that guy who used to call in about the IRS, he had the junkyard and the pitbulls, older fellow.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 12:45:18 AM »

I also doubt that any government official would tell servicemen they are entitled to these things. When i hear "on your feet." I am reminded of that guy who used to call in about the IRS, he had the junkyard and the pitbulls, older fellow.

You are mistaken. Government officials actually WANT to help. Most bureaucrats think that they are the intellectual elite and that if it weren't for people like them most americans would not be able to function in life.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2009, 10:51:59 AM »

[...] 'Course, Libman lives in a fantasy land where the proper course of action is unattainable by anyone but him [...]

No, it's unattainable by me either.  ;)

But I do have a history of saying no to jobs that involve even the remotest amount of government butt-licking...

There's a big difference between getting some of your stolen money back from the government and making a philosophical compromise in its favor - that ad represents the latter.

(EDIT: it's never too late to fix a typo...)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:45:59 PM by Alex Libman 2012 »

ahasp

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 01:14:56 PM »

Can't we have a thread about how several people have tried a particular advertiser and the product and service have been great? You know one of the primary complaints about libertarians is that they are cynical and hate everything. Everyone take a deep breathe, and think about the gratitude that you have for the advertisers that bring you Free Talk Live and its corresponding BBS. I don't you folks understand that I am not making what I was making when I quit my job in Sarasota 3 years ago. I didn't expect it to take this long.

Mark,

I recently used WebEx and was very impressed.  A salesman wanted to sell me a database and he walked me through his presentation using WebEx.  It was really flawless.  I wish that I had a reason to use this service.  Unfortunately, the state won't let me teach my classes from my desk at home  :(.

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »

There are so many things about this ad that make me laugh.. "you are ENTITLED to special loans the general public cant have"  "you deserve a home with no money down"  you are special, etc.

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »

Laugh?  I find it depressing...

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2009, 06:40:08 PM »

Laugh?  I find it depressing...

Then, you need to get ON YOUR FEET!
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

*puts in two cents*

If you worked for the government's army you may as well try to get as much money out of them because you were in their army as you can. Most veterans I know only signed up because of the government benefits after enlistment, and some during enlistment.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »

I have to say, in all honesty, that I took full advantage of everything the Air Force offered. And, they never lied to me and lived up to every promise.

But then, that was over thirty years ago.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »

I won't suggest that the advertiser "go away", but perhaps they should check their demographic before loading their default ad. I have heard another ad by the same company that lacks the "gung ho" tone, why not suggest to them that one may produce more desirable results than another? As a veteran, I found the ad to be corny and slightly offensive. I find it funny that on the show during which I was considering the ads because of this thread, there was a caller who expressed dismay at other callers who, as Ian put it, want to provide their "cred" by stating their military service. I promise to do my part to provide some financial support to the show, so that you may in the future screen your advertisers, even though such ads may continue.

I was able to check on this today. They did test another ad in some other venues and it did not test as well. It is an unfortunate fact of life that one person's offensive ad is another's attention grabbing ad. They are not using the other ad at all at this point, and will not be placing it on FTL. Why would they? FTL is one of the best venues that they have with the current ad.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2009, 01:30:26 PM »

I won't suggest that the advertiser "go away", but perhaps they should check their demographic before loading their default ad. I have heard another ad by the same company that lacks the "gung ho" tone, why not suggest to them that one may produce more desirable results than another? As a veteran, I found the ad to be corny and slightly offensive. I find it funny that on the show during which I was considering the ads because of this thread, there was a caller who expressed dismay at other callers who, as Ian put it, want to provide their "cred" by stating their military service. I promise to do my part to provide some financial support to the show, so that you may in the future screen your advertisers, even though such ads may continue.

I was able to check on this today. They did test another ad in some other venues and it did not test as well. It is an unfortunate fact of life that one person's offensive ad is another's attention grabbing ad. They are not using the other ad at all at this point, and will not be placing it on FTL. Why would they? FTL is one of the best venues that they have with the current ad.

Mark when you talk to advertisers do you let them know about your heavy angel bigfoot demographic?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  on your FEET! ??? WTF.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.