Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  New Scott "The Bigot" Thread- Proposed New On-Air Strategy...
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Scott "The Bigot" Thread- Proposed New On-Air Strategy...  (Read 5393 times)

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
New Scott "The Bigot" Thread- Proposed New On-Air Strategy...
« on: December 06, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »

I was going to jump on the original Scott the Bigot thread, but it has been wandering on and off topic quite a bit.  So I've started this new one. 

I respectfully request that folks try to stay on topic. 

I was on Monday 12-06 to discuss Scott and if he is a prank or for real.  I really want to know. 

If he is for real, how did this come to be?  Figuring this out could offer insight into the minds of many people with intractable positions.  For examples Bureaucrats and their minions.

I admit my first question was pretty naive and circular (to swear an oath on his honor as a white person and so forth to affirm that he genuine believes what he is saying).  I was sort of on the spot, I didn't expect at all to speak with Scott on the air right then and there.  He claimed to be sincere and to me sounded sincere.  I guess I just wanted to hear him say it directly "to my face."

But I still think it was worthwhile data.  A prankster, when confronted directly and unequivocally may have finally given in at that point.  After all, he might be finally getting tired of the game and feel it was a good way to end it. 

It seems to me that the hosts just keep playing into his broken record mindset by trying to make appeals to rationality.  What is needed is to derail him somehow and get him to somehow step sideways out of his groove, and get him to consider just a little bit outside his "box".

I think I will call in a suggest that the show make a deal with Scott.  He can call in once a week, and will be given 30 seconds to spew his rhetoric.  Then he will be required to directly answer a question to the host's satisfaction.  Perhaps the audience can makes suggestions as part of their regular calls if the desire.

It will be hard to force him to keep his end of the bargain, but the hosts can more ruthlessly enforce his responsiveness once he has agreed to the terms and been given his 30 seconds.

It should still make for good entertainment value, and maybe add some dimension to Scott's Calls.

"Kelvin"
==============================
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

-Samuel Adams

SonicThePorcupine

• The gloves are on, time to check your prostate.
    • View Profile
Re: New Scott "The Bigot" Thread- Proposed New On-Air Strategy...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:30:10 AM »

It doesn't make any difference to me whether is he for real or not.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »

It doesn't make any difference to me whether is he for real or not.
Same here, he's an entertaining caller.  Always gets me cracking up hard with laughter.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 03:35:44 PM »

He's very entertaining, by I think his recent appearance on Saturday's show (I think it was Saturday) where Ian caught him off guard with the accusation he'd be on another show claiming to work on Wall Street more or less confirms he's a troll.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make the airplane"

mikey

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »

He's very entertaining, by I think his recent appearance on Saturday's show (I think it was Saturday) where Ian caught him off guard with the accusation he'd be on another show claiming to work on Wall Street more or less confirms he's a troll.
Wow, missed that. I'll go listen to the 2011-12-02 show next, Scott is in the description.

On 2011-12-05 Ian keeps saying "Why would Scott be this persistent if he weren't real?"
The answer is: he's being paid for it!

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/the-show/scott-the-bigot/msg647132/#msg647132

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »

Sorry for all the typos in my post.

Anyways, someone emailed Mark and Ian claiming they heard Scott the Bigot on another talkshow claiming to be someone who works on Wall Street and when confronted by this from Ian, Scott clams up for a second and tries to avoid the issue for the rest of his call.

mikey

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 06:55:03 PM »

Sorry for all the typos in my post.

Anyways, someone emailed Mark and Ian claiming they heard Scott the Bigot on another talkshow claiming to be someone who works on Wall Street and when confronted by this from Ian, Scott clams up for a second and tries to avoid the issue for the rest of his call.
Thanks, I have listened to the 2011-12-02 show and Mark mentioned that Scott was heard on Peter Schiff's show on Friday (?). Scott said it was last friday (the day after Thanksgiving according to my calculations) -- but Peter Schiff had re-runs Nov 24th & Nov 25th, so I'm confused as to where to look.

I scanned through Schiff's Dec 2nd show, but haven't found anything related.

I can grab other Schiff's archives, but perhaps Mark or Ian or the person who listened to that show can share more details: the date Scott was on Peter Schiff's, the approximate time, the name he used, the topic of conversation, etc.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 10:56:11 PM »

I have seen at least one instance myself where someone is paid to promote certain crazy ideas.  On forums.silverseek.com there is a guy who always  always always posts about how the price of silver is NOT manipulated, how the price will fall, etc. Over and over,  every day. Nobody agrees with him, he is far too determined, and he will not concede that he is wrong.

Everyone agrees on there pretty much that he is paid to post, and the guys name is just "Roger" btw.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:40:17 AM »

Ah, Roger, the yes man.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 01:43:49 AM »

I do not believe that Scott the Bigot is a fake caller – his rhetoric is consistent and he is clearly passionate in his beliefs. My assessment is that Scott believes in the rhetoric he repeats because it has had a positive effect in his life – he’s smart enough to know that it isn’t quite right, but it serves a purpose – I try to explain better below.

The likeliest explanation for the 2011-12-02 show segment, in my opinion, is that;
1.   Scott calls many radio shows and will not shy-away from cross-show recognition.
2.   The person who emailed Mark and Ian probably heard a pre-recorded show, perhaps it was a “best of” while the radio personality was on vacation.
3.   Scott was questioned on-air and wanted to confirm his appearance on the other show, but the time frame wasn’t right and he couldn’t figure out which show Mark was talking about.
4.   Scott probably wasn’t being evasive, he would likely have enjoyed recounting his conversation with Peter Schiff, or whoever it was, but there just wasn’t enough information or time to hash it out live, on the air.

It seems very clear to me that Scott the Bigot is a very lonely man. He has likely spent an inordinate amount of time alone with his thoughts, dwelling on his loneliness and the reasons for it. Generally speaking, humans are social animals and need to feel loved. Some people, however; go so long without feeling the love they so desperately desire, that the loneliness is compounded by decades of sorrow, eventually distrust and ultimately anger – those people either fade away into nothingness or they set out in search of some human interaction – usually very awkward and misunderstood, sometimes even dangerous.

In Scott’s case, he probably ran across the Zionist-international-lizard-jew thing while he was at a very low point in his life and it seemed like a perfectly reasonable place to store some of the blame he has been carrying for so long. It eases his burden to know that an evil force exists in the world because he can then convince himself that he would rather be alone than deal with “those people” – and it provides him with a purpose: to expose the evil. Calling various shows gives him the opportunity to interact with others in a way that is less stressful than face-to-face and the hosts and callers who remember and talk to him are probably the closest thing Scott has to actual friends – even if ridicule is a large part of that interaction.

Scott is not evil, he’s not even a bad person – he’s lonely to the point of borderline-psychosis. People like this can be reached with love and compassion, but he’s never going to come out of it until he feels that he belongs somewhere. Right now, the whack-a-doodle-Zionist-international-lizard-jew folks are taking all comers and as long as he feels like he’s part of a sleeper-cell resistance – or however he justifies it to himself, he feels he’s got a place to belong.

I’m not suggesting that I know how to reach Scott, but I think Michelle Seven had some success reaching him. He wants to belong but he’s given up on finding love and his rhetoric is so bat-turds crazy that anyone capable of giving him what he needs is going to be driven away instantly – it’s like a pre-emptive strike – he forces you to reject him before you’ve gotten to know him well enough to reject him for who he is, because that would just hurt too much.

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 01:55:05 AM »

I’m not suggesting that I know how to reach Scott, but I think Michelle Seven had some success reaching him.

What male couldn't be reached by Michelle Seven?  8)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 09:11:22 AM »

Wow, missed that. I'll go listen to the 2011-12-02 show next, Scott is in the description.

On 2011-12-05 Ian keeps saying "Why would Scott be this persistent if he weren't real?"
The answer is: he's being paid for it!

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/the-show/scott-the-bigot/msg647132/#msg647132

Exactly my point, but I wasn't going to be too obtuse and spoil it for everyone.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

cricket

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »

The likeliest explanation for the 2011-12-02 show segment, in my opinion, is that;
1.   Scott calls many radio shows and will not shy-away from cross-show recognition.
2.   The person who emailed Mark and Ian probably heard a pre-recorded show, perhaps it was a “best of” while the radio personality was on vacation.
3.   Scott was questioned on-air and wanted to confirm his appearance on the other show, but the time frame wasn’t right and he couldn’t figure out which show Mark was talking about.
4.   Scott probably wasn’t being evasive, he would likely have enjoyed recounting his conversation with Peter Schiff, or whoever it was, but there just wasn’t enough information or time to hash it out live, on the air.
Look what I found, curious minds -- end of November / early December Peter's shows archive:

http://linksafe.me/d/a1ed1e3b20

Take a listen lads, as my hearing ain't 20/20 no more...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  New Scott "The Bigot" Thread- Proposed New On-Air Strategy...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.