Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  New listener
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New listener  (Read 1085 times)

redfreedom

• View Profile
New listener
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:14 PM »

I listen to the first live show and what I took from listening is that the hosts are lovers of Anarchy?  I thought the show was a local Libertarian type of show or is it both

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
Re: New listener
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:07:51 PM »

Neither of the hosts would call themselves anarchists if asked. Mark believes in a government limited to police, courts and roads. Ian could technically be called an anarchist in that he believes that all three of those functions could be better provided on a voluntary and competitive basis by market processes, than by governments.

It's not "anarchy" in the mainstream/pop-culture idea of the word, but it can be accurately described as free-market anarchism. Ian, however, would prefer to be called a "voluntaryist" or "freemarketeer" simply because the term "anarchy" has so much baggage and misunderstanding attached to it.

*My comments are, of course, subject to correction by the people for whom I spoke.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  New listener

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.