Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  My sales elevator speach
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My sales elevator speach  (Read 4970 times)

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
Re: My sales elevator speach
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 08:39:14 PM »

Are there multiple websites that rank podcasts? Why is Podcast Alley so special?
Pocho

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 08:50:17 PM »

Are there multiple websites that rank podcasts? Why is Podcast Alley so special?

Podcast Alley was the first ranking system I heard for podcasts... paid more attention to it than to the iTunes podcast info for a few years.

Now though, I might ask the same question about how special it is. How many people still pay attention to Podcast Alley and the rankings/recommendations?
(Not being snarky, Mark - I'm truly curious.)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 08:58:08 PM »

This thread is actually about PodcastAwards.com. I find it far more valuable than PodcastAlley.com, but in answer to your question, it sucks less than most of them. Sites like Itunes and Zune are not manipulable through voting. We prefer to let our listeners download FTL in the manner that they choose rather than suggesting they use a big crappy program like Itunes. So, voting sites are the only ones that we can really drive listeners to for help. PodcastAwards.com is premier among them because they give trophies. Trophies are motivating to people. Potential clients like to know that someone willing to put up money for a trophy to say that FTL is the best.

No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »

Podcast Alley was the first ranking system I heard for podcasts... paid more attention to it than to the iTunes podcast info for a few years.

Now though, I might ask the same question about how special it is. How many people still pay attention to Podcast Alley and the rankings/recommendations?
(Not being snarky, Mark - I'm truly curious.)

We get around 100 new listeners a month from PodcastAlley.com (which this thread was not originally about). What are those people worth? I don't know, but I like getting those new listeners and being able to claim to advertisers that we are a superlative podcast.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:04:37 PM by FTL_Mark »
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »

Thanks for the explanation, Mark!

I haven't done much with podcast alley for ages, other than vote for FTL. Glad to know it's still pulling in listeners.

Speaking of voting, I don't think I've gotten to that yet this month... fixing that now.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 09:11:30 PM »

Thanks for the explanation, Mark!

I haven't done much with podcast alley for ages, other than vote for FTL. Glad to know it's still pulling in listeners.

Speaking of voting, I don't think I've gotten to that yet this month... fixing that now.

Thank you!

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »

I've never paid attention to the iTunes podcast system.  Probably because I detest iTunes and all Apple software.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 11:33:12 PM »

Sorry to derail the thread. I didn't understand the difference. I can see how the yearly award is more valuable. Shitty that you guys didn't get it this year.

You could say: FTL is the winner of podcastaward.com's Political category 4 of the past 5 years.
Pocho

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 11:41:16 PM »

Pedant time:

Speech, not speach

Hair's breadth, not hair's breathe.  Hairs don't breathe, but they do have a breadth, and that breadth is minimal.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:09:55 AM by Rillion »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 02:55:57 AM »

It has to be pretty cold out to see a hares breath. 

rabidfurby

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »

"Free Talk Live makes your girlfriend wet" should be all the persuasion you need.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 07:50:19 AM »

"Free Talk Live makes your girlfriend wet" should be all the persuasion you need.

I think that one belongs on my superlativisms contest thread.  :lol:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  My sales elevator speach

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.