Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark + Stephanie + Death Penalty = Wrong
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark + Stephanie + Death Penalty = Wrong  (Read 50337 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Mark + Stephanie + Death Penalty = Wrong
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »

The more I think about this subject, the more I realize I dont have any desire for "justice" in any form when it comes to murder.

All I really care about is preventing the same person from murdering again. As far as im concerned, a murderer gives up all natural rights to live free amongst everyone else.

Any other crime...... restitution can be made without any kind of prison system. Murder, no. You took away everything someone has or is ever gonna have. You lose all rights.

And since I dont believe in killing one person out of revenge for anothers death, well.............

Prison island for you. Fuck you!!
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 02:05:54 PM »

Maybe. Its just that it looked like such a party in Escape From New York. But maybe compaired to the awesomeness of Libpar it would suck.

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 02:12:11 PM »

The more I think about this subject, the more I realize I dont have any desire for "justice" in any form when it comes to murder.

All I really care about is preventing the same person from murdering again. As far as im concerned, a murderer gives up all natural rights to live free amongst everyone else.

Any other crime...... restitution can be made without any kind of prison system. Murder, no. You took away everything someone has or is ever gonna have. You lose all rights.

Prison island for you. Fuck you!!

Since, we are getting deep into this topic.....

I think that one could make an argument against your prison island if it is totally inhumane. In other words, why do they lose ALL rights? I could see losing the right to life, but not the right to be free from torture (unless they tortured and murdered).

What if the old island prisoners literally torture all new comers for years? Things like waterboarding, sodomy, removing limbs, repeated starvation.......

Perhaps, the murderer needs to be made aware of the island before you send them there and they need to choose to go.

Basically, I don't think that victims' families can do anything they want to murderers.
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 02:15:17 PM »

So you saw the movie? That was indeed offered.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 02:19:36 PM »

Basically, I don't think that victims' families can do anything they want to murderers.

I think its fine to send a murderer to a conventional prison on the condition that the victims family would foot the bill for his sustinance while there. Nobody else should have to pay for that. If you really believe in freedom, how could you look at it any other way?

I would say to the victims family "Ok, you have two choices..... One, you can pay to keep this dude in prison for life, out of your own pocket, or through charitable contributions from other people.... OR we can send him to the island.  Your call."

Its the fairest system I can think of.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »

Maybe. Its just that it looked like such a party in Escape From New York. But maybe compaired to the awesomeness of Libpar it would suck.

See, thats the thing. Its not at all about revenge for me. Not in the slightest. I dont care if he has the time of his life on the island. Im only concerned with getting him away from the rest of non-murderous society.

What happens on the island is none of my concern. He's gone.... thats all that matters.

BonerJoe

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 02:25:34 PM »

I would sell someone who murdered a member of my family to a gay rape salon. He'll live the rest of his life strapped in the doggie style position, taking dicks and fists and broken mason jars in the ass.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 02:59:55 PM »

YOU FUCKING PSYCHO!!!

:lol:

:wink:

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 03:07:46 PM »

What if the murderer was a chick?

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »

I would say to the victims family "Ok, you have two choices..... One, you can pay to keep this dude in prison for life, out of your own pocket, or through charitable contributions from other people.... OR we can send him to the island.  Your call."

Its the fairest system I can think of.

That is not at all what I would say. You left no room for complete forgiveness. Some christian families may be pacifists and not want any force used at all.

In my opinion, murder is an act of aggression against one or more specific people. It is not aggression against "society." Therefore, outsiders don't get to imprison murderers that have been forgiven either implicitly by the victim(s) through a will, or by the victim's heirs.

Just like women beaters shouldn't be forced to pay restitution to women that don't "press charges".......as gross as it may be.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 03:34:15 PM »

I'd agree witht that.

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 04:36:11 PM »

See, thats the thing. Its not at all about revenge for me. Not in the slightest. I dont care if he has the time of his life on the island. Im only concerned with getting him away from the rest of non-murderous society.

What happens on the island is none of my concern. He's gone.... thats all that matters.

Where is the cutoff line for you? In other words, why should murders be forced from "regular" society and not petty thieves? What is the principled, non-arbitrary distinction that determines who is forced to leave and who is only forced to pay restitution? What about date rapists? Child rapists? The Madoffs of the world?

These can be tough questions.....

PS I think what happens on the island is absolutely the concern of whomever forced people to go there. Again, what if the island was run by torturous thugs who hack off limbs of newcomers?

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »

Where is the cutoff line for you? In other words, why should murders be forced from "regular" society and not petty thieves?

PS I think what happens on the island is absolutely the concern of whomever forced people to go there. Again, what if the island was run by torturous thugs who hack off limbs of newcomers?

Its simple for me. It's about compensation. A petty thief can pay back their victim. You can add up all the things he stole, come up with a dollar amount + time and trouble, total it up and make them pay it back. A murderer cannot do this. This is the ultimate form of thievery. Stealing someones life cannot be reversed.  Thats the cutoff line for me.

As for the torturous psychos on the island that might cut limbs off and other horrors.........oh well, thats the chance you take. Birds of a feather.....ya know?

I might even hire BonerJoe and his broken mason jars to run that department if I ever get my island fantasy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:58:10 PM by quickmike »

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »

Its simple for me. It's about compensation. A petty thief can pay back their victim. You can add up all the things he stole, come up with a dollar amount + time and trouble, total it up and make them pay it back. A murderer cannot do this. This is the ultimate form of thievery. Stealing someones life cannot be reversed.  Thats the cutoff line for me.

What about rape? Can rape not steal almost everything from someone?

BonerJoe

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »

What if the murderer was a chick?

So, you're not supposed to treat women equally?

Hmm.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark + Stephanie + Death Penalty = Wrong

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.