Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark regrets his tattoos
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark regrets his tattoos  (Read 20652 times)

fatcat

Re: Mark regrets his tattoos
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »

you don't get the attitude? it is not an attitude, it is the way i feel about tattooing and being tattooed. i was not shoving anything down anyones throat rudely or being a bitch about anything.  it is personal preference, not an attitude. if i have a shop one day i will not cater to people who want temporary tattoos...... most businesses cater to certain customers and i am not interested in dealing with people that are not sure they want something permanent (or fake permanent as you put it). there is nothing wrong with liking traditional tattooing and catering to that crowd.

i don't buy into anything anymore, i have tattoos, good bad ugly, no regrets. ok so when i was a kid i got some tattoos because i thought they would make me cool and they are not as good as my newer tattoos. i grew up. i get tattooed now because i enjoy being tattooed, i like the process in general, i like having the ink on my arm when i wake up every morning, it makes me smile. and since i really like it, i do not want to have to pay every few years to have it re done, no one can redo the same tattoo exactly how it was over and over again, it would continue to change even if the change is not noticed by anyone else.

I have nothing against people getting old tech tattoos.

I've seen some really cool tattoos and ive seen some really shit ones

What I was complaining about is the faux-macho attitude that old fashioned hard to remove "permanent" tattoos are inherently better than because they're more "gutsy"/less "faggy" than removable/temp tattoos.

People who've never even seen a removable ink tattoo but think themselves superior for really dumb reasons. (i.e. "This is forever bro!", but not really)

I could see how getting the same tattoo done over and over would be a chore, but what possible downside is their to removable ink?

Now there aren't many places that do it, and only black ink has been commercially released yet (colored inks are in the pipeline), so I guess if you really wanted a color tattoo this year it might make sense.

also surely there are some tattoo ideas you might only want for a couple of years? i imagine a ron paul tattoo would seem pretty redundant in about 5 years time.

ok so when i was a kid i got some tattoos because i thought they would make me cool and they are not as good as my newer tattoos. i grew up.

This pretty much sums it up. I don't know why people think its a bad thing to accept that we change over time. Likely you don't wear the same clothes, listen to the music, have the same personal and philosophical beliefs as you did when you first got those tattoos, why should you still have the same tattoos?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:12:19 PM by fatcat »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BIeLvfgsLWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BIeLvfgsLWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

See?

davann

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2010, 07:12:22 PM »

My tattoos are covered up about 98% of the time. 

Yeah, I hear that allot. Immediately after that I get the pleasure of seeing the tattoo'd roll up his sleeve to show me his "awesome" tattoo without me inquiring to see it.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »

Yeah, I hear that allot. Immediately after that I get the pleasure of seeing the tattoo'd roll up his sleeve to show me his "awesome" tattoo without me inquiring to see it.

Note that I haven't posted any photos.....and it's spelled "a lot."

davann

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »

"Allot" is more awsome. It is my way of rolling up my sleeve and showing you my tat. I would not say no if you wanted to show me your tat on your upper inner thigh.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2010, 11:12:11 PM »

I'm putting forth a formal petition to see your secret 98% hidden tattoos on this forum.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

davann

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2010, 11:35:48 PM »

I'm putting forth a formal petition to see your secret 98% hidden tattoos on this forum.

Seconded.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »

This pretty much sums it up. I don't know why people think its a bad thing to accept that we change over time. Likely you don't wear the same clothes, listen to the music, have the same personal and philosophical beliefs as you did when you first got those tattoos, why should you still have the same tattoos?

gah, i typed a long reply to this earlier and it would never post so here goes again haha

i know some people feel differently about this but i like my permanent scrap book. i know i will never forget who i was or where i have been in my life, but if i ever lose myself in something stupid again i can look at my tattoos and be reminded of the mindset i was in when i got some of them and snap out of it quickly.

as far as the temp. tattoos go, i have nothing against people doing them or getting them but man oh man i would be sad if mine were temp. and my tattoo artist bit the dust and would never be able to do that tattoo on me again. the people who have been tattooing me for the past few years are just as important to me as the tattoos themselves. i love my tattoo artists. one has been a friend of mine since i was 17 and the other is an amazing lady i met here in germany who tattoos in the same style she paints, it really is insane to watch  :D
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 01:09:28 PM »

and rofl @ that tattoo commercial

i just bought a brand new dodge caravan with a dvd entertainment system... i'll have to spend my car money on lazer removal my ass  :lol:

maybe we are lucky to be able to afford cars and tattoos AND removal if we really wanna get it, we don't have to decide this or that. i think a lot of the people who complain they can not get high paying jobs with tattoos might have the wrong attitude about it and that is why they can not get the jobs?? maybe??

i can not speak for everyone but i know that if i go to an interview in a corporate office setting, i need to put on a button down top with long sleeves and keep them DOWN and i am not such a hard ass about my tattoos that i would refuse to cover them at work... i do know people who refuse to do this and then call it discrimination, well brother, you did it to yourself. get with the program or drop out of it right?

just some more of my feelings
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:13:40 PM by robin.m »
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »

I will most likely be getting my very first (or 1st, 2nd & 3rd) this summer. I'm very unlikely to regret it, though I think I would have if I'd done it earlier in my life. There are very few things I would have chosen between 18-21 which would have still had any relevance to who I am now.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 01:19:07 PM »

if i had gotten tattooed when i was 10, i would have a snake curled around my arm from my shoulder to my hand and most likely a black widow on my neck. i think i was around bikers way too much....

fatcat

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »

gah, i typed a long reply to this earlier and it would never post so here goes again haha

i know some people feel differently about this but i like my permanent scrap book. i know i will never forget who i was or where i have been in my life, but if i ever lose myself in something stupid again i can look at my tattoos and be reminded of the mindset i was in when i got some of them and snap out of it quickly.

as far as the temp. tattoos go, i have nothing against people doing them or getting them but man oh man i would be sad if mine were temp. and my tattoo artist bit the dust and would never be able to do that tattoo on me again. the people who have been tattooing me for the past few years are just as important to me as the tattoos themselves. i love my tattoo artists. one has been a friend of mine since i was 17 and the other is an amazing lady i met here in germany who tattoos in the same style she paints, it really is insane to watch  :D

Well that all sounds reasonable enough. I guess I don't have anything else to add so i'll try to keep this quick.

but no one seems to have actually acknowledged removable tattoo ink as separate from temporary tattoo ink.

There's a new tech for tattoo ink based on colored polymer particles that are inserted under the skin using the same needle gun regular tattoos

It only came out in 2009 so theres only 15 places that do it in the US at the moment and its only in black ink so far, but there are more colors in development.

Surely it seems that it would actually be better for tattooing in general, since knowing that its not going to be a massive cost and a complete pain in the arse to remove if you change your mind, you might go for a "riskier" tattoo or one you're not as sure about.

Again I'm not trying to knock the idea of having a tattoo for life, but that its a bad idea even to consider the possibility that you might someday change your mind.

Do you really think is unforeseeable that you might change your mind one day about the whole human scrapbook thing? Or just decide that you want to use a certain stretch of skin for something different?

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »

figured there was no reason to quote all of that  :D its right above me, or should be as long as i post fast enough. the new ink sounds rad, it really does, it should really bring tattooing into a new era. people can experiment with tattoos and tattooing in general and that is awesome

i am at the point now with my tattoos that my big ones, i could not picture anything else being there.  when i go and look at pictures of myself before i got the tattoos i have now, i look weird to myself. i can not see myself changing so drastically down the road that i would wish them gone, i put myself where i am for a reason and i like it here. i wanted tattoos since i was about 7, my taste has changed since then but my heart has always been in the same place.

i'm not arguing, and i can not say everyone else with tattoos feels the same way i do, but i would feel really naked without my tattoos i have had them on me for so long.

not really anything to do with any of this but i am sure i could sit down with some shrink and come up with underlying issues as to why i feel the need to tattoo my body, but i happy not knowing what fucked me up so much i would want to do this to myself  :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:30:53 PM by robin.m »

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »

and i am really sorry if i am hard to follow, i have a pretty abstract thought pattern so i understand what i am getting at, but if i sound like i am rambling, my apologies.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »

Fading ink could be used to make some interesting layers in an ongoing design.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark regrets his tattoos

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.