Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark regrets his tattoos
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark regrets his tattoos  (Read 20642 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Mark regrets his tattoos
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »

The only difference is whether you choose to lie to yourself and act like it really is "till death do us part", and not really "till you or i change as a person and decide I don't want to be with you anymore"

See, for some it's not a lie.  They're the happiest people I know.  I'm sad for you right now.

Yeah, for some people those two aren't mutually exclusive.  They stay together until somebody doesn't want to be with the other anymore, and that's never.  My paternal grandparents were like that-- they loved each other dearly until he died one day, and she died two days later. 

I wouldn't say those people are somehow better than everyone else.  To a certain extent they're just luckier, and probably they work harder.  But they sure seem to think it's worth it. 

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »

Temporary ink should be mandatory for all trendy tattoo work ("tribal", Taz, etc.).

There's also the option of glow in the dark tats, not visible except under blacklights.

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Bill Brasky

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 07:23:42 PM »

(if i had gotten tattoos when i was 14 I could be covered in communist symbols, not something I'd want to carry for the rest of my life, so I'd have them removed anyway)

That doesn't surprise me.  Y'see, even when I was fourteen and stoned out of my fucking gourd every day, I still knew communism was for assholes, and stealing shit out of peoples cars was no damn good.   

Some people just don't know what they want.  Seems to me, you're easily influenced by vagaries - which is probably why you try so hard to invalidate everything - that which is left behind in your wicked-awesome logic filter must therefore be the best and is irrefutable.  I'm more of a traditionalist.  I know what I like, give it a pass or fail and move on.  Saves me all the Dexters laboratory bullshit, leaves more time for enjoyment.  You should learn to loosen up a little, Friendo.  Trust your instincts. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 11:41:48 PM »

Dont listen to him Fatcat! Logic and reasoning are the only logical option. Stay the course.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 02:07:53 AM »

i wouldn't want to get tattoos that were meant to fade on purpose, i love my tattoos, even the shitty ones... i like knowing they will be with me tru thick or thin, even if they get weathered and shrivel with my skin as i age.

i love seeing old sailors with gnarly blue blown out faded anchors and shit down their arms.

to tell you the truth, if i manage to get good enough to WORK in a tattoo shop. i would not want to offer "temporary" tattoos. yeah i would maybe get more business from the same people over and over again thru the years, but i just prefer traditional "stick on your ass forever" tattoos  :D

I really don't get this attitude.

would people get a hat they really like surgically attached to their head?

I don't get the whole "its ballsy/permanent so its cool" thing, so is hacking off cock and eating it.

I think its one of those self-enforcing things like smoking where everyone who's gotten a tattoo and maybe regretted has to buy into some bullshit of why the sucky parts of it are actually good.

its not a permanent mistake, its a mark of courage and individuality,

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MY4kFSuMvKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MY4kFSuMvKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

you don't get the attitude? it is not an attitude, it is the way i feel about tattooing and being tattooed. i was not shoving anything down anyones throat rudely or being a bitch about anything.  it is personal preference, not an attitude. if i have a shop one day i will not cater to people who want temporary tattoos...... most businesses cater to certain customers and i am not interested in dealing with people that are not sure they want something permanent (or fake permanent as you put it). there is nothing wrong with liking traditional tattooing and catering to that crowd.

i don't buy into anything anymore, i have tattoos, good bad ugly, no regrets. ok so when i was a kid i got some tattoos because i thought they would make me cool and they are not as good as my newer tattoos. i grew up. i get tattooed now because i enjoy being tattooed, i like the process in general, i like having the ink on my arm when i wake up every morning, it makes me smile. and since i really like it, i do not want to have to pay every few years to have it re done, no one can redo the same tattoo exactly how it was over and over again, it would continue to change even if the change is not noticed by anyone else.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 02:15:01 AM by robin.m »
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »

There's also the option of glow in the dark tats, not visible except under blacklights.
Nice .... tats. Perky.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 02:01:18 PM »

Nice .... tats. Perky.

Glow in the dark are really a chick thing aren't they?  On a woman totally sexy not so sure on a dude.

Anyway I have an entry for most disturbing tattoo. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 02:11:28 PM »

If you want a daily dose of horrid tattoos, check out Ugliest Tattoos.  I had no idea that there were that many disgusting, poorly done, or sheer WTF? tattoos out there. 

That monkey butt one was on there, as well as stuff like this:

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »

I find it perverted and disgusting that a man would masturbate up and to the left.

davann

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

I heard on the show the other night that mark regrets the tattoos he has and thinks they are a bad decision.

I'm thinking of having my first tattoo soon and I'm interested in your reasoning mark. Especially as you're a little older and wiser now and probably know a bunch of stuff I don't know yet.

Thanks!

Don't know about Mark but my life philosophy is to do the opposite of what the masses are doing because they are fucked in the head. In the past decade or so tats have become extremely popular. To me at first glance of a person with a tat I assume the person is a member of the sheeple and potentially an extreme moron.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »

At least some people can get a kick out of it:

I don't think I'll ever get tattooed, but i can appreciate good ink on others.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »

Don't know about Mark but my life philosophy is to do the opposite of what the masses are doing because they are fucked in the head. In the past decade or so tats have become extremely popular. To me at first glance of a person with a tat I assume the person is a member of the sheeple and potentially an extreme moron.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of people still do not have tattoos.  So maybe you should be assuming that people without them are "members of the sheeple and potentially extreme morons."

Or maybe (and much more likely) you're just making up reasons to think people with tattoos are stupid. 

davann

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 04:00:07 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the majority of people still do not have tattoos.  So maybe you should be assuming that people without them are "members of the sheeple and potentially extreme morons."

Or maybe (and much more likely) you're just making up reasons to think people with tattoos are stupid. 

Could be I am rationalizing my dislike of them but I don't think so. Tats just scream "hey, look at me!" with no other real value. Seems to be something a sheeperson would do.

If I want to see Art I'll hang him on the wall.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 04:06:06 PM »

Could be I am rationalizing my dislike of them but I don't think so. Tats just scream "hey, look at me!" with no other real value.

My tattoos are covered up about 98% of the time.  I'm pretty sure that I didn't get them to scream "Hey, look at me!"

If I want to see Art I'll hang him on the wall.

Har. 

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 04:11:49 PM »

that word sheeple makes my skin crawl.........

anyways

EPIC WIN!

i love it when people purposely get stupid impulsive tattoos, makes me giggle
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:19:06 PM by robin.m »
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark regrets his tattoos

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 33 queries.