Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark regrets his tattoos
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark regrets his tattoos  (Read 20646 times)

Davy

• View Profile
Mark regrets his tattoos
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »

I heard on the show the other night that mark regrets the tattoos he has and thinks they are a bad decision.

I'm thinking of having my first tattoo soon and I'm interested in your reasoning mark. Especially as you're a little older and wiser now and probably know a bunch of stuff I don't know yet.

Thanks!

blackie

Re: Mark regrets his tattoos
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:24:48 PM »

Don't do it.

If I didn't already have some, I wouldn't get any more.

That said, I just got inked tonight.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:04:28 PM »

I'm going to get at least one, probably on my chest. I see no reason to regret it, since it will have significant meaning to me.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Davy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:19:43 AM »

Well I made this and am thinking of getting it on my neck with the birds ending up sort of up behind my ear, the whole thing would probably be about 4x4 inches

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 01:36:06 AM »

I have one and plan on getting others. I don't regret mine per se, I think it's just dandy, but it's almost entirely meaningless for me and my others will not be.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 01:46:07 AM »

Two reasons not to get tatts:

The government like to photograph them when you get arrested, and also with telephoto lenses when you are in a crowd for easy ID from afar.

If they are visible in casual dress, they can effect your work image resulting in financial damage.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 02:03:22 AM »

I wouldn't get a tattoo that is anywhere near your face if I was you.  Personally, I wont be getting one that cant be covered up by shorts and a t-shirt.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 02:06:14 AM »

It's beautiful.  How much $ is it worth to you?  Even in my job I might figure a tattoo on my neck would cost me 3-5K/yr.  

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 02:27:18 AM »

Really good design..

Usually tats on the neck happen when you run out of space everywhere else. But if that's where you think it fits then go for it.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »

neck is not the usual spot for a first tattoo but if your happy with it, go for it. me and my husband are both moderately tattooed and in our lines of work it has not held us back financially at all. i will however say, some of his larger tattoos were acquired after making sure his job would remain HIS JOB with new tattoos.

i can say that i have tattoos i think are stupid now, but i wouldn't get rid of them. i wanted to be as rebellious as possible when i turned 17 and i can look at the wrinkly faded tattoos with i turn 80 and remember how stupid i was to think tattoos would make me a bad ass and laugh my head off (i am learning tattooing and i will continue to get tattooed but my taste has changed and my artists are much better now than the ones who tattooed me as a teenager)
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 09:33:14 AM »

I've got three, will probably get a fourth eventually.  I'm less than happy with the design of the first one I got, and plan to get it re-worked at some point.

Only get a neck tattoo if you work in a field where they are acceptable and you plan to stay in that field or one like it for the rest of your life.  Seems like chefs, for example, can get inked from head to toe and it doesn't hurt their careers any. 

Your design is nice, but it's one that you would probably want to get as large as possible (within reason, of course) in order to avoid losing detail on the birds...make it too small and after a few years they'll just look like black blotches.  A good rule of thumb is if the tattoo artist says "We should really not go smaller than X," believe him/her. 

I laugh when people tell me that my tattoos will be wrinkly when I'm 80-- of course  they will be.  ALL of me will be wrinkly when I'm 80, tattooed or not!  But you only live once, so if you really want ink you should get it.  Just think very carefully about the placement, the design, and the significance. 

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »

You could always do what eve savail did and shave your head.  Once you get tired of the tattoo simply grow your hair back.

fatcat

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 11:58:27 AM »

near permanent = bad idea.

the reason why people regret tattoos is the same reason people regret marriage.

people change over time, not to mention skin sags, people get fat, get thin and get wrinkly which makes tattoos look shit.

which makes tattooing the name of someone you married ultra regrettable.

You can get temporary tattoo inks that last for months, to years. You can also get removable tattoos, both of these are done with with a tattoo gun and still hurt if that ego shit matters to you.

Plenty of people never regret tattoo's, but why make it permanent when theres now little downsides to semi-permanent ones?

Not only does this allow you to easily change back if you change your mind about it, but it allows you to have many different tattoos over the period of your life.

If you're using deep skin permanent ink, theres only a certain amount of canvas you get to use up.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:15:12 PM by fatcat »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 12:40:43 PM »

I just checked into this thread hoping to see choice pics of Mark's tats.
Rillion's will do in a pinch.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 04:16:16 PM »

i wouldn't want to get tattoos that were meant to fade on purpose, i love my tattoos, even the shitty ones... i like knowing they will be with me tru thick or thin, even if they get weathered and shrivel with my skin as i age.

i love seeing old sailors with gnarly blue blown out faded anchors and shit down their arms.

to tell you the truth, if i manage to get good enough to WORK in a tattoo shop. i would not want to offer "temporary" tattoos. yeah i would maybe get more business from the same people over and over again thru the years, but i just prefer traditional "stick on your ass forever" tattoos  :D

But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark regrets his tattoos

// ]]>

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 47 queries.