Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark and Ian are back....with a vengance!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark and Ian are back....with a vengance!  (Read 5204 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Mark and Ian are back....with a vengance!
« on: October 08, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »

Mark, if I ever maligned you before on this board it was misunderstood.

You and Ian together on the show....ROCK!

I noticed you're injecting yourself more in the last couple of shows!

I like it - the two of you together... You've got a lot of upward momentum in my opinion!

Thanks for your work!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:36:41 PM by Fred »

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Mark and Ian are back....with a vengance!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »

Did someone get a new box of sidewalk chalk?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »

That's pretty dated - haven't really listened lately....

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:22:04 PM »

Sleepy Sun - Sandstorm Woman

yea, mark and ian...go!

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 01:40:28 PM »

Mark, if I ever maligned you before on this board it was misunderstood.

I don't think I thought that.

You and Ian together on the show....ROCK!

I noticed you're injecting yourself more in the last couple of shows!

I like it - the two of you together... You've got a lot of upward momentum in my opinion!

Thanks for your work!

I am of the belief that apart we are mediocre talk-show hosts (me because I am not that skilled as a host and not funny without a foil. Ian because he is too crazy for primetime), but together we are very compelling and interesting. Does anyone else find this true/
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »

All I know is when you two are in a heated fight, listeners are fapping and the bbs is buzzing the next day. The times when listeners are happiest seems to be when you two are at each other's throats. It's like watching gladiators, shields and swords clashing, blood spurting...

I think it's because there seem to be teams. You know, like Team Edward and Team Jacob. And people can root for their gladiator and make bets and stuph.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:52:45 PM by Dalebert »

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 05:04:35 PM »

Disengage

• View Profile
    • Actively Disengaged
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »

I am of the belief that apart we are mediocre talk-show hosts (me because I am not that skilled as a host and not funny without a foil. Ian because he is too crazy for primetime), but together we are very compelling and interesting. Does anyone else find this true/

I agree completely.    Your two personalities work well together.   You are the pragmatist, and Ian is the idealist.    Both are valid and necessary ways of looking at things.       I wouldn't say that the friction between you two makes the show entertaining... but it is a part of the show that helps makes it what it is.

The show is definitely better when you're both on.   The Sunday shows that you do with Stephanie have a vastly different "feel" to them.     Ian's Monday shows feel more like "Free Talk Live", but there's still a noticeable difference.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »

I agree completely.    Your two personalities work well together.   You are the pragmatist, and Ian is the idealist.    Both are valid and necessary ways of looking at things.       I wouldn't say that the friction between you two makes the show entertaining... but it is a part of the show that helps makes it what it is.

The show is definitely better when you're both on.   The Sunday shows that you do with Stephanie have a vastly different "feel" to them.     Ian's Monday shows feel more like "Free Talk Live", but there's still a noticeable difference.

Mark and Ian together are a lot of fun, they've got a unique dynamic, but from time to time I suspect the disagreements are exaggerated in order to entice listeners with verbal fisticuffs. For example; when Mark explains that he recognizes the incentives in a given situation and therefore understands why that situation ultimately came to pass, Ian will often accuse Mark of advocating for or defending some aspect of it - but Ian cannot possibly be so dense that he does not understand Mark's normally salient points nor Mark so unskilled at communication as to be unable to provide adequate clarification. Perhaps I'm completely wrong about this, but don't force the argument for the sake of ratings unless you're also willing to fake-laugh and puke-talk as well.

The show is definitely better when both Mark and Ian are present. I don't listen to the Sunday show at all and the Monday co-host will determine whether or not I listen for long - It's not so interesting to listen to someone agree with Ian for 2 hours.

This was not intended to be a dig at Mark or Ian or any of the co-hosts - I appreciate what you do and admire you for doing it.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 04:17:12 PM »

On Sunday, it's not so much that Ian's not there, but that I finally just had to stop listening to that other windbag that's on, ranting like a leftist.  If I wanted to hear that crap, I'd be listening to Air America or NPR.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »

but from time to time I suspect the disagreements are exaggerated in order to entice listeners with verbal fisticuffs. For example; when Mark explains that he recognizes the incentives in a given situation and therefore understands why that situation ultimately came to pass, Ian will often accuse Mark of advocating for or defending some aspect of it - but Ian cannot possibly be so dense that he does not understand Mark's normally salient points

I think he does that crap too!
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Mark and Ian are back....with a vengance!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 33 queries.