Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  What to do with your liberty?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do with your liberty?  (Read 1149 times)

bobbysan

• Aspiring Beachbum
    • View Profile
What to do with your liberty?
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »

I was thinking about the question from last nights show concerning what to do with liberty once it's attained. There aren't a many things these days that I would do differently just because, they became legal or unregulated. But I want liberty so you can do anything you want to do without harming anyone else, without even having to think about what the government might do. It shouldn't even have to be a consideration. That said, "things" being legal or illegal is only a start.

To truly be at liberty requires having access to the same information and economic possibilities that are currently reserved for the elites. I'm not talking about shrewdness in using information, I'm talking about access to the same information.

In other words, for instance, I'm not really at liberty to get the best education possible, when I've been priced out of the market by rising education prices produced by government guaranteed loans that go only to those who qualify. I'm not advocating that everyone should qualify. I'm saying that the government has no business in it.

I'm not at liberty because I get to decide between the 2 health plans offered by my employer, or due to regulations on insurance and the healthcare industry I have to pay through the nose to get it for myself. I might be at liberty to do that, but the expense digs into my liberty to do things that I otherwise could have.

I'm not really at liberty when the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department have secret information known only to some, or outright lies about the soundness of the system or particular entities in that system thereby causing me to make decisions that I wouldn't have otherwise made. This is not information gathering dependent on my shrewdness, but on my position in life.

I'm not at liberty with equal economic opportunities when the elites who get the newly created fiat money first before its inflationary effects are exhibited in the economy. Yet by the time I get it, not only are those same FRN's not worth what they were to the elites, the dollars I already had are worth less.

These things only scratch the surface of limits placed on liberty in a collectivist system.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:45:10 PM by bobbysan »
The sweet pretty things are in bed now of course\The city fathers they’re trying to endorse\The reincarnation of Paul Revere’s horse\But the town has no need to be nervous
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  What to do with your liberty?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 31 queries.