Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Less Stephanie, Please  (Read 150125 times)

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
Re: Less Stephanie, Please
« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2012, 04:09:45 AM »

Some people like to say, "You can't get rid of things you dislike by using them." While they're usually referring to violence, or voting, or the government in general, I often think of fire.

Anyone know how oil companies, at least used to, get rid of raging drill site fires?

Answer: They created an even bigger fire that sucked all of the oxygen out of the air and put out the original fire. So, yes, you can put out fire with fire. Weird.
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »

Some people like to say, "You can't get rid of things you dislike by using them." While they're usually referring to violence, or voting, or the government in general, I often think of fire.

Anyone know how oil companies, at least used to, get rid of raging drill site fires?

Answer: They created an even bigger fire that sucked all of the oxygen out of the air and put out the original fire. So, yes, you can put out fire with fire. Weird.

I think that guy's name is/was Red Adair...he made a career out of it.  Think he got called out to Iraq in '91.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »

MacGyver did it in a show as well.
WTF does this have to do with Stephanie?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »

Want to compair Stephanie with a real gal? Compair her on the latest Porctherapy with Antigone on Dale's Flaming Freedom. They both talked about Barbie Dolls and had, of course completely different opinions. Antigone's was cool, reality based and Stephanie's was... well....not.

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »

Stephanie made the comment, but I didn't remember how she worded it so I was reluctant to quote her. I think its silly to say things like, "You can't stop violence with violence." I have gun in my home. I have a gun because I believe that I can stop violence with violence.

What did she say about Barbie dolls?

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

Stephanie made the comment, but I didn't remember how she worded it so I was reluctant to quote her. I think its silly to say things like, "You can't stop violence with violence." I have gun in my home. I have a gun because I believe that I can stop violence with violence.

+1

Starship Troopers Scene Citizens vs Civilians
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2012, 05:31:50 PM »

Violence is NEVER the answer!!!

Starship Troopers, for instance. They lost thousands of human lives in the battle against the bugs, needlessly.

Wouldn't it have been better to just reason with the bugs or passively oppose their advances? Maybe ostracise the bugs and show them the err of their ways?

I dunno, sounds reasonable to me.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »

Starship Troopers, for instance. They lost thousands of human lives in the battle against the bugs, needlessly.

Wouldn't it have been better to just reason with the bugs or passively oppose their advances? Maybe ostracise the bugs and show them the err of their ways?

Indeed, those were dark days in the history of human civilization.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »

I dunno, sounds reasonable to me.
Oh, sounds good, why don't you post that on a sign in your front yard?  Also saying something like "NO GUNS IN THIS HOME".
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »

Nah, I just wait till they break in and explain it to them at that time. Get a pot of coffee going and talk it over, calmly and reasonably.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

Nah, I just wait till they break in and explain it to them at that time. Get a pot of coffee going and talk it over, calmly and reasonably.

Good lord....I just spit on computer screen from laughing so hard.

Nice one, Mike.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 24, 2012, 01:33:09 PM »

I checked downloads of all of the January FTL podcasts. The Sunday shows where in the top 54% percentile. I will check back farther, but my initial findings show that Sunday shows with Stephanie and me are as popular as the regular show and 20+% more so than the old Sunday show format.

Of course it is more popular with YOU making up 1/2 of the show and not a bunch of guys acting immature or girls giggling the entire time.

Right-O. It's far easier to FF through Stephanie's prattle when one is reasonably certain that there is something worth listening to on the other side.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »

I checked downloads of all of the January FTL podcasts. The Sunday shows where in the top 54% percentile. I will check back farther, but my initial findings show that Sunday shows with Stephanie and me are as popular as the regular show and 20+% more so than the old Sunday show format.

Of course it is more popular with YOU making up 1/2 of the show and not a bunch of guys acting immature or girls giggling the entire time. 

Right-O. It's far easier to FF through Stephanie's prattle when one is reasonably certain that there is something worth listening to on the other side.

Has that happened?

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »

Has that happened?

Sunday show (24 January 2012) - she got to yammering on three different times during the podcast; when she finally shut up, sanity was restored. She attempted to define weird and marriage, but largely kept her inane ramblings to a minimum.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.