Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Less Stephanie, Please  (Read 150040 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Less Stephanie, Please
« Reply #240 on: December 16, 2011, 01:23:25 AM »

You may be on to something there. You would think most women would only need to travel that road once though.

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 16, 2011, 02:06:34 AM »

Does that mean that they grew up in a misandrous environment?

I'm not going to over simplify, but that's a possibility. Or maybe that's how their mom's were. Maybe they have self esteem issues and feel they can't do any better. Maybe they crave attn, even negative attn. They almost certainly have some kind of self esteem issues that is probably rooted in an abusive environment.

Does that mean that they grew up in a misandrous environment?

I'm not going to over simplify, but that's a possibility. Or maybe that's how their mom's were. Maybe they have self esteem issues and feel they can't do any better. Maybe they crave attn, even negative attn. They almost certainly have some kind of self esteem issues that is probably rooted in an abusive environment.

Come to think of it. One of my buddies, who constantly dated controlling women, eventually found a beautiful, qausi-smart, fun, and very non-controlling girl. Shit, she was even from a rich family. What did he do when he found himself in a relationship where he wasn't being bossed around by a super bitch? He dumped her and quickly found a new drill sergeant.

I don't think he was raised in this manner, though. His parents seem to have a perfect, healthy relationship and his siblings don't  behave like him either. Who the fuck knows why people do the things they do? Maybe he got some weird genes? I don't know.
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 16, 2011, 02:27:15 AM »

She probably didn't shave or take it in the ass.

Sluggers

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2011, 04:59:49 AM »

You can add me to the list of people who stopped listening to the Sunday show.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »

I didn't know they had a sunday show.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

SonicThePorcupine

• The gloves are on, time to check your prostate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2011, 12:12:03 PM »

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2011, 01:03:11 PM »

Me too. I have to say though, few can give that woman much of a contest in brass balls.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/sVKCr.jpg

It's kind of ridiculous that because a woman isn't a super-activist the implication is that her opinions about being treated badly can be dismissed. So no, I don't actually think it's cutting through any bullshit. I think the bullshit is still fairly thick in here.

It reminds me of when some gay guys wanted to have some say about who they were roomed with in dorms because they were frequently stuck in a tight space with bigot assholes. The argument was made that they should instead take the opportunity to educate bigots about homosexuality. An excellent response was "I'm not an activist. I don't want to be an activist. Not every gay person wants to be one. I'm trying to focus on getting an education."

I keep finding myself listening to podcasts that I wouldn't otherwise have listened to because someone mentioned here how obnoxious Stephanie was, or how obsessive she was on a certain subject, and I have yet to feel it. Yeah, she's a bit knee-jerk about some things that seem minor now and then but I just... don't... get... the RAGING.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:32 PM »

http://kotaku.com/5868595/nerds-and-male-privilege

Geek society prides itself on being explicitly counter-culture; nerds will crow about how, as a society, they're better than the others who exclude them. They'll insist that they're more egalitarian; geeks hold tight to the belief that geek culture is a meritocracy, where concepts of agism, sexism and racism simply don't exist the way it does elsewhere. And yet, even a cursory examination will demonstrate that this isn't true.

And yet geeks will cling to this illusion while simultaneously refusing to address the matters that make it so unattractive to women and minorities. They will insist that they treat women exactly the same as they treat guys – all the while ignoring the fact that their behavior is what's making the women uncomfortable and feeling unwelcome in the first place. They will find one girl in their immediate community who will say that she's not offended and use her as the "proof" that nobody else is allowed to be offended.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:20:12 PM by Dalebert »

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2011, 10:33:41 PM »

I keep finding myself listening to podcasts that I wouldn't otherwise have listened to because someone mentioned here how obnoxious Stephanie was, or how obsessive she was on a certain subject, and I have yet to feel it. Yeah, she's a bit knee-jerk about some things that seem minor now and then but I just... don't... get... the RAGING.

Whos raging?

Im not. I just think she comes off annoying with her infatuation with semantics. Not much fun to listen to her when she goes on those little tirades, just like Ian with his nitpicking of the use of the word "we". Thats just me though. I wouldn't even suggest they change. If thats how they wanna be, thats fine. Just dont expect me to like it.

This is the "Less Stephanie, please" thread, so of course its gonna seem like everyone is making a huge deal out of it. If this kind of talk about her carried over into other threads, yeah, I'd agree it would be raging, but this thread is made for this stuff.

BonerJoe

« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2011, 11:29:36 PM »

You might have to like girls in order to understand the rage, Dale.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2011, 11:35:14 PM »

Wait

Dale doesn't like girls?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.