Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Less Stephanie, Please  (Read 149503 times)

Wayne

• View Profile
Re: Less Stephanazi, Please
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2011, 10:29:55 AM »

I gave no opinion about that video. Looks like I kind of agree with Wayne, who (if one looks at the Youtube comments) kind of agrees with Stephan Molyneux.
Doesn't matter really, simple fact is, we need the chicks. Culture goes where the hot chicks are going. Period.
I notice no other women are exactly jumping on board to defend Stephanie. I think her point is that we guys need to learn how not to creep girls out, and it is a valid point. However Stephanie should learn something herself; Men would rather be know as a jerk than a creeper. Shouldn't women be a little careful about accusing men of creeping on them?
I think Stephanie will be a necessary balancing point on LRN as the Angel Clark show becomes more known. If we somehow get Sex, Lies, and Anarchy on LRN as well, Stephanie will be one female voice among many, and her harping (If you want to call it that, I mean come on, that P&TG episode was pretty harsh) won't really be noticeable.
Note: I haven't heard every episode of Sex, Lies and Anarchy, but they defend men in general quite a bit, and their "lesbian" kidding around is kind of cute and funny. Point is I never feel offended at all, nor do they come off as arrogant or know-it-all or unapproachable. That Angel Clark show is just good, sounds mainstream.

Well, just on the chance I gave that impression, my rant wasn't directed at you. It was just directed at the insinuations of the video that I found irksome.

Here's hoping, probably in vain, that tonight's broadcast doesn't continue the trend.

"Buy low, sell high." Are YOU stocking up on silver yet?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »

I asked a woman who was lying in my bed the other day if she got offended if someone referred to her as a girl. "No."

And she's 25.
Well... congrats.
I guess. Hope you made her a healthy balanced breakfast.

I notice no other women are exactly jumping on board to defend Stephanie. I think her point is that we guys need to learn how not to creep girls out, and it is a valid point.

I think it's fair to say that *actual* creepers can't learn to adjust their behavior. They usually seem to be people with a bad case of Aspergers or mild autism who think what they're doing is normal.
Could be. I would argue that one of the positive things Stephanie is trying to do, is get men to adjust their behaviour. I am merely suggesting she try a little more honey instead of vinegar. I do listen to Porc therapy, Stephanie is smart, and interesting, and I think stuff like Fr33 aid is wonderful. You would think that Stephanie would look at this thread as constructive criticism, but I recon that isn't so easy at this point.
Wayne, I posted that video to get other opinions. I appreciate the input. I kind of had uneasy feelings about it myself.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »

one of the positive things Stephanie is trying to do, is get men to adjust their behaviour.
GLWT.

Also... nice tits.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2011, 11:49:26 AM »

one of the positive things Stephanie is trying to do, is get men to adjust their behaviour.
GLWT.

Also... nice tits.

I never really noticed before.

I may just have to re-evaluate my opinion of her, based on this new info.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

GLWT.

Also... nice tits.

I never really noticed before.

I may just have to re-evaluate my opinion of her, based on this new info.
Pics or it didn't happen.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »

Yeah, what he said.

8X10 glossies in B&W, if you could.

Thank you.

BonerJoe

« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »

I asked a woman who was lying in my bed the other day if she got offended if someone referred to her as a girl. "No."

And she's 25.
Well... congrats.
I guess. Hope you made her a healthy balanced breakfast.

No. I got takeout, philly cheesesteak and fries.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »

Fries? I thought you were doing that low carb thing.
What the FUCK does GLWT mean???? I don't know whether to high five Denis or yell at him.
I think it is awesome if he tapped Stephanie, not so much if he thinks I have nice tits.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2011, 01:10:40 PM »

What the FUCK does GLWT mean???? I don't know whether to high five Denis or yell at him.
I think it is awesome if he tapped Stephanie, not so much if he thinks I have nice tits.

GLWT means Good Looking White Titties, or in this case, Good Luck With That.

BonerJoe

« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2011, 01:18:12 PM »

I'm on low-carb, I just decided to have a cheat weekend.

I'm already back on it, with poached eggs and a cup of hollandaise.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »

GLWT means Good Looking White Titties, or in this case, Good Luck With That.

Ah ha. Now I feel like kind of a douchebag. :?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »

I can't believe everyone seemed to have missed the joke....the irony...about...changing...mens'...rude...habits...

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »

I can't believe everyone seemed to have missed the joke....the irony...about...changing...mens'...rude...habits...

No, I got it. The hypocracy of the statement didn't get lost on me.

Its just............... titties were mentioned and I got distracted.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
Re: Less Stephanie, Please
« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2011, 01:06:52 AM »

I've decided to listen to every episode of Free Talk Live a week, except Sunday.
Mr. Edge, consider another host or go back to the guest show format.
Huh. Thought I might be alone on this.
I have nothing personal against Stephanie. But this past Sunday, I looked at the topics list for the podcast, kinda sighed, and decided to just not listen. Eventually I suspect I may just stop checking the Sunday show all together.
You're [...]buttons.
I can't quite figure out why Stephanie irritates so many others but not me - I'm thinking it must be my mother.

When I was in my teens, it was black guys that were the most adamant to not have anyone ever call them "boy".  \

Is it different now with calling women "girls"?

She sounds smart to me and I don't get irritated at all by her.  Hell, Ian can get alot more annoying to me.   I mean every problem has ta hammer (no state) and it gets to me sometimes.

Fred,
I have long understood that words are simply human constructs employed to convey thoughts and ideas to other humans - and sometimes animals. The words themselves have no meaning beyond the messages they are used to convey. I don't care if it's the "N word" or the "F word" or whatever - the word is innocent & it is only the intention of the speaker/writer that matter. When black guys rail against the word "boy" or Stephanie against "girl" when used in other-than-offensive context (I know, who gets to decide, right?), it has nothing to do with the word or the intention of it's user, it's just an opportunity to hop on top of a little soap box and try to browbeat - it's a power-play, and if you let the person get away with it once, they'll keep doing it again and again because it makes them feel powerful. Mark will call Ian to the carpet when he does it, but he frequently lets Stephanie slide...I don't get it.

Ian is irritating at times too - he's a huge bigot (a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own) though he seems to think he's got an open mind or is a good listener. Cannabis is a legitimate topic, but where's the 420 coke snort or heroin shoot? Weed just isn't that interesting - prohibition is evil, but cannabis talk just makes for boring talk radio. His smarmy jackass routine is fun to listen to, but it's hard to believe that anyone is so dense that they could have a business partner for so many years and still be so frequently incapable of understanding his words.

this post is so 10 minutes ago...I'm bored of it now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:02:22 PM by ElGuapo »

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Less Stephanie, Please
« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2011, 01:11:50 AM »

Mark's a gentleman.  Stephanie isn't so bad - she isn't threatening or anything - just tell her to cool it if she annoys you.

I'd like a bump if ya got it...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.