Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Less Stephanie, Please  (Read 149918 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Less Stephanie, Please
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »

I love how no one admits they listen to P&TG without some sort of disclaimer. Like admitting they watch Jersey Shore.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »

Dale, thats the oldest trick in the book of men. Learned that when I was an early teen.

Mom - Mike, *sniff sniff* you smell like marijuana!!!

Me - WHAT??? Mom, you're nuts!! I've NEVER smoked weed...... I mean marijuana. You need to get your head checked out!!!

Mom - Well, maybe its just the neighbors burning leaves or something. Ok, nevermind.

Me - Yeah, ok mom. *all squinty eyed*
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

SonicThePorcupine

• The gloves are on, time to check your prostate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2011, 03:55:41 AM »

I've decided to listen to every episode of Free Talk Live a week, except Sunday.
Mr. Edge, consider another host or go back to the guest show format.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2011, 12:17:23 PM »

I listened to the last Porc Therapy with Buzz and for the life of me, I can't figure out what all the outrage is about. Most everything she said in there seemed like calm, sensible opinions.

She brought up the question of why there aren't more ladies in the liberty movement. I wish you guys would realize what a great ally Stephanie can be in answering that question. I suspect liberty-oriented ladies are a bit ahead of the game in rejecting a lot of standard sexist brainwashing. I suspect most of them are turned off by misogynist behavior and maybe just don't stick around and persevere the way Stephanie has and maybe they aren't quite as good about communicating what it is. So maybe they just get discouraged and leave.

It seems like you'd rather sweep dust under the rug and not think about it but that ain't gonna get us nowhere. You guys want your libertarian boys club more than you want there to be more women here. You're gonna make your bed and lie in it.

Not everyone, of course, not by far. But those who protest the loudest, I think it would serve you well to analyze what you're really so upset about.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2011, 12:24:03 PM »

Not everyone, of course, not by far. But those who protest the loudest, I think it would serve you well to analyze what you're really so upset about.

...the repeated harping...it's painfully unlistenable.

FWIW, if you asked my wife, mother and sister, they'd laugh at you if you asked whether I was a misogynist.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »

FWIW, if you asked my wife, mother and sister, they'd laugh at you if you asked whether I was a misogynist.
Yeah it hurts bad.

"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 09, 2011, 12:38:09 PM »

I think you guys whining about Stephanie are way more annoying than listening to her on the podcasts.

If you don't like, don't listen - and enjoy being with whatever type women you enjoy being with.

Nothing wrong with her addressing crude guys for being crude.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »

I think you guys whining about Stephanie are way more annoying than listening to her on the podcasts.

If you don't like, don't listen - and enjoy being with whatever type women you enjoy being with.

Exactly.  Which is the point we are trying to make to the owners of this forum and LRN and FTL.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2011, 01:43:04 PM »

Exactly.  Which is the point we are trying to make to the owners of this forum and LRN and FTL.

i.e. Ian.

Well I can practically guarantee that your whining isn't going to get her kicked off of anything so I suggest you go with your other alternative and just stop listening to her shows.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 09, 2011, 01:45:20 PM »

i.e. Ian.

Well I can practically guarantee that your whining isn't going to get her kicked off of anything so I suggest you go with your other alternative and just stop listening to her shows.

Already done.  As soon as I hear that annoying voice the channel gets changed.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #191 on: December 09, 2011, 02:00:23 PM »

To you, but it's clearly not universal. To me and certainly to many others, it sounds like she makes excellent points most of the time. When you call it harping, you're being dismissive of what she has to say as if it doesn't have a point and she's seeing problems where there are none. Obviously, that's the point of contention. I, for one, have not been convinced that's the case.

Look, I'm not trying to make this personal and label you or anything like that, but that's just not a persuasive point. The point is that women have been conditioned for generations to put up with bullshit from men. In particular, I would presume that if you were raised to not treat women with the greatest of respect, the women in your family were raised in the same environment and raised to put up with it. I imagine it's a pretty bizarre scenario when a women thinks her sibling or her son is a misogynist.

Essentially, if you disagree, then make an argument with respect to specific things she said instead of this endless trantrum throwing--

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! UR JUST WRAWNG!

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 09, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »

Guess nobody has noticed. Mark is probably too polite to mention it, but the Sunday show is growing in both stations and advertisers. As much as I like to bust on Stephanie, she and Mark are doing well. This is good for all of us. Mark would be a damn fool to get rid of her.
Besides on the last show Stephanie was the only reasonable voice on the subject of suicide. Mark must of had a cola or something.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #193 on: December 09, 2011, 02:06:10 PM »

Mark must of had a cola or something.

LOL!

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 09, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »

So, don't read this.  This is one thread on the BBS.  That's a radio show, which is not about the topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.