Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Less Stephanie, Please  (Read 149970 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Less Stephanie, Please
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

Godamn

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 05:44:34 PM »

He drives a huge polluting Suburban too. I bet he is compensating for something.
Just to stop any confusion.
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/the-show/mark-and-stephanie-92411-show/
I'm compensating for the size of my biceps  :?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »

He drives a huge polluting Suburban too. I bet he is compensating for something.

dude, I'd probably lose in an arm wrestling contest!

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »

Just a bit ago, Fred complimented Al on his "how to" videos and asked him to make more. Does that sound like someone that has a REAL beef with someone? Its just a bit of messing around. Nothing more, nothing less. Even if it was dead serious, im sure Al could handle it. He's a big boy and I dont think he's gonna run off and slash his wrists out of the emotional trauma it caused him.

Whoever Mr Truth is, I'd suggest him stop being such a whiny douche.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »

Ha :)

Which night did you call in? I'll tune in for that one.

I posted this link last week somewhere on the board- http://heartiste.wordpress.com/

While I'm not into "game" and have never really met an "Alpha Male" that I liked, that blog is very well written, has interesting perspectives that I usually agree with (and when I don't agree I still think the guy (guys?) makes good points). Feminism is a frequent target, as are sluts, and the psychology behind the women who usually identify as both.

Even if you aren't into that shit, it's still a good read. Especially for guys.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

mrtruth

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 07:52:09 PM »

Mr Truth is the guy reporting.  

Should we ban Fred, Mr Truth?  Because that's the ultimate purpose of the "report" button.  

The two posts he reported were the one's where Fred told Joel he was "full of shit asshole," and told Alaric "Fuck you, Al".  And I happen to intuitively know (but not with 100% certainty, of course) that neither Joel nor Alaric were probably offended.  Maybe a little "irked?"  In any case, they themselves were not the ones to report the events.    

Neither of those are what is generally considered "reportable" offenses, Mr Truth.  

I mean, anything is reportable, technically..  but grow some balls Mr Truth, and overlook the simple stuff.  This is a minor squabble, nothing more.  And it doesn't diminish your "online experience", as far as I can tell.  Nor does it actually involve you.  Nobody actually said anything to you.

This BBS is "virtually unmoderated", which means, there will be differences of opinion and some harsh language.  You agreed to that in 2010 when you signed up, and then Amp'ed this September.  You have seen that this is common, with your own eyes.  Becoming an "AMP" isn't gonna make your opinion any more valid in these minor disagreements.  

So unless you see the few "serious" events that will result in banishment, just use the "ignore" feature, because I really don't feel like chasing around your whims.  

Wow.  "Global moderator janitor" has called me out in public, and told me that I need to grow balls.  And reprimanded me on how my being a paying member on Free Talk Live doesn't hold any more merit.  I guess I will know not to up the amp and donate any more money.  All because I clicked the little clicky that says "report to moderator" and simply wrote three small words to the moderators about language.  I never said anything about banning anyone...your words, not mine.  And so much for anonymity, but that's cool.  And another poster has said that I am "a whiny douche."  And I am the one who is overreacting here?  I have only posted five times ever in these message boards, and have only spoken positive of FTL and their hosts.  But I guess you sure showed me.  Stay classy.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »

Wow.  "Global moderator janitor" has called me out in public, and told me that I need to grow balls.  And reprimanded me on how my being a paying member on Free Talk Live doesn't hold any more merit.  I guess I will know not to up the amp and donate any more money.  All because I clicked the little clicky that says "report to moderator" and simply wrote three small words to the moderators about language.  I never said anything about banning anyone...your words, not mine.  And so much for anonymity, but that's cool.  And another poster has said that I am "a whiny douche."  And I am the one who is overreacting here?  I have only posted five times ever in these message boards, and have only spoken positive of FTL and their hosts.  But I guess you sure showed me.  Stay classy.

Take a deep breath yo.

The issue is that Fred, while acting like a total cockbreath, didn't violate the TOS of the BBS. Generally speaking the only thing that gets reported around here is people chucking racist/hate speech shit, spamming, or threatening violence.

Those three things are about the only things mods will take seriously.

So when someone reports a post for being nasty, non-productive, unfriendly, or generally douchenozzle worthy, there's nothing we can (Or are generally willing to) do about it.

You sent the report, I took the extra step from ignoring it and mentioned it in the thread, for what it was worth.

*Shrug*

Unless Fred threatened to rape you with a chainsaw, called you a racial epithet, or posted twenty links to Alex Jones, there ain't much to be done.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:14:30 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

BonerJoe

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »

Do I have to start trolling again?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »

Irony, shoulda picked another name.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »

And another poster has said that I am "a whiny douche."  And I am the one who is overreacting here?  I have only posted five times ever in these message boards, and have only spoken positive of FTL and their hosts.  But I guess you sure showed me.  Stay classy.

I've posted thousands of times on here in 3 years, and guess what? Never once reported someone for "language", or for anything else. Thats pretty damn petty if you ask me. Only 5 posts in here and you already rat on someone??????  :lol: What does that say?

I called you a whiny douche, yes.................but I didn't go crying to the mod when you said something I didn't like. ;)

I only speak for myself here, so try, if you can, not to lump everyone else in with my un-classy behavior.

Have a sweet ass day, friend!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:39:59 PM by quickmike »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 01:25:13 AM »

Not to derail the topic.....rather to re-rail the topic:
Preface: I listen to every minute of every show, regardless of what I think of Stephanie.
I was hoping it was just me that finds Stephanie to be like fingernails on a chalkboard. Believe it or not,  I do comprehend that women are individuals. I can even accept that generalizations might not apply to every woman on the planet. Often, I can predict her response and I wonder why such a smart woman would bother stating the obvious; if not to be condescending. Why does she feel compelled to tell waste airtime telling us everyone is unique in every way?
We get it.

As for her voice, It makes me cringe. It is a similar sensation as hearing someone grind the gears in a brand new sports car.
It is better or worse depending on which mic she's on. I find it super irritating that she will be right on the mic and then trail off randomly. Maybe it's my own deep psychological issue, but her laugh makes me angry.
Adjustments to the mic processing might help some of it. The rest might need some combination of pot and a good lay.
I hope there is something constructive in this post.
Liberate America!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.