Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Less Stephanie, Please  (Read 149536 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Less Stephanie, Please
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »

Especially when it has to do with feminazi harping.

That is all.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:34:09 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

BonerJoe

Re: Less Stephanie, Please
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:31:49 PM »

Have you wondered WHY you get upset over it?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »

Because I don't like nagging and harping over the same thing?

BonerJoe

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:03 PM »

Is that what you desire in a woman?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »

What does it have to do with a woman?  To me, it's about what I want to hear on the podcast I put on my head, and it's not nagging.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »

Have you ever heard Ian or Mark nag?  I have - its staying on point man.

BonerJoe

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »

What does it have to do with a woman?  To me, it's about what I want to hear on the podcast I put on my head, and it's not nagging.

You're getting upset over your mysogyny being exposed.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 09:47:01 PM »

You're getting upset over your mysogyny being exposed.

Who says I'm upset?  Who says it's about misogyny?  I don't have a problem with women.  I don't like feminazis, and I'd rather not listen to them.

Shara

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 10:14:47 PM »

I LIKE Stephanie, but her extreme feminists interjections into the conversation annoy me ever so slightly. Not enough to make a forum post over though, or make a crank call over. It's not any worse than Ians need to define everything.
People all have their own quirks, that is what makes them unique. Apparently, the feminist thing is Stephanie's. I think that she is very talented and I enjoy listening to her on the air. I have actually grown to respect ALL Of the co-hosts more since Ian's incarceration. I used to avoid the Sunday show because all they talked about was Keene and other topics that were irrelevant to me or any listener who might NOT be a part of the NH community. Mark is keeping her on the format of the show, and since the show where she was the sole host, I see that she now GETS it! She is great now, and one of my favorite female hosts... second to Michelle maybe, still haven't decided :-)
Not much to say when you're high above the mucky-muck... yeah...

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 10:30:40 PM »

I agree.  I think she's actually very good, and I'd hoped that issue would subside.  I just figured it was time remark about it when she actually bothered to call in about it.  The crank was pretty unfocused, so it's not like it needed a response. 

She's at her best, IMO, when she avoids that and shares her knowledge on medical issues, and, it's not as though her view about gender issues is unimportant, it's that that we seem to have heard all she has to say on it.  That, and, she doesn't handle it as cleverly as Derrick, for example, handles the gay issues (basically by using wit that makes people think.)  Hopefully she'll grow in that area, in the same way she expects others to grow toward her position

I have a feeling it has something to do with that nonviolent communication bullshit she's bought into.  If you use it like a cookbook people with some intelligence feel like they're being talked down to.  Its sorta like the cheap sales methodologies they throw in a book for car salespeople (see, I try, I don't just blow it off, or I'd say salesmen) to read.  I walk off the car lot when they spout that bullshit too.

For what it's worth, she has a great voice for radio and obviously has the skill to do a good job hosting a radio show as long as she doesn't get into the habit of trolling callers and other hosts (which of course, Ian does a lot too--side-tracking a topic over some peeve, which is worse on the radio, because it's easier to skip on the web.)

Shara

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 12:00:58 AM »

Yes.. It really bothered me that she felt the need to call in about it. Not that I was conflicted on the issue. As a very stable female, I really don't care whether some random dude calls me "Honey", "Hey Woman," or "her". Can't really even remember what specifically bothered her, but... the jerks will be jerks. I can generally determine a persons type by how they talk to me, not the gender specific adjective that they refer to me by.
She had no real reason to respond to some random phone troll... That bothered me a bit. I know that she is still new to this, and I am sure that she will become even more resilient as the days go by. Gah... I love and miss Ian on the show, but I am going to be sad to see the co-hosts go.
Not much to say when you're high above the mucky-muck... yeah...

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »

Gah... I love and miss Ian on the show, but I am going to be sad to see the co-hosts go.

I don't think they're going to go anywhere.  I suspect the rotation won't be quite as thick with them.  Getting more people behind a mic is good for the show's health, though, in case one or both of the normal hosts disappear(s) again.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 03:22:45 PM »

I trolled Stephanie so hard.  :D

I was actually amazed at how effective it was after i went back and listened to the podcast today.  I could hardly stop from laughing at Denis cracking jokes during my call and so they dumped me.  But the stream was down so I couldn't hear it until i downloaded the podcast.

I think I did a good job of pointing out everything that everyone here is complaining about.  And that was my mission.  It's rare that a troll crank call can be so effective at illustrating something like that.

Honestly I think Stephanie is a cool enough girl.  But she's definitely way too uptight about that feminazi crap.  And she could loosen up about that stupid stupid "nonviolent communication" bullshit.  It really does sound like she's talking down her nose at you with a superiority complex.  But really, I just think she's not satisfying my preferences.  :lol:

I bet if we met in real life though we would get along and have a grand old time over a beer or something... oh damn I forgot she doesn't drink either.  *donk*

Seriously though, she is probably a cool person to interact with on a personal level, I doubt she talks like that to people on a face to face basis like she does with them on the air.

Every time I hear her come on I start gritting my teeth because of her extremely poor communication style.  It may work towards people of a lower order intelligence, but I believe that most of us would prefer to have people speak more straight forwardly towards us instead of in an evasive, "passive-aggressive" (I hate that term) fashion.

I hope she reads this and tries to shift up her style a bit.  She seems like she'd be fun if she could let her hair down, and its obvious that she is smart too.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:26:17 PM by Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith) »
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 03:32:27 PM »

:lol: That was you? Nice job.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »

Honestly I think Stephanie is a cool enough girl.  But she's definitely way too uptight about that feminazi crap.
+10 internets, and an invitation to be my own very special FB Friend
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.