Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Less Stephanie, Please  (Read 149481 times)

Bill Berry

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Less Stephanie, Please
« Reply #360 on: February 07, 2012, 01:46:29 AM »

Anti-Stephanie stuff sounds like Statist stuff to me...You want her to spout YOUR opinions, it's okay, when she spouts her own, OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #361 on: February 07, 2012, 01:51:34 AM »

No.

They are voicing the opinion that they would maybe like to have less Steph on the show. They even said please in the title of the thread. Nobody is demanding it by force.

Hardly statism by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:53:06 AM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 07, 2012, 02:26:37 AM »

Anti-Stephanie stuff sounds like Statist stuff to me...You want her to spout YOUR opinions, it's okay, when she spouts her own, OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!

That was ME, and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  Read the fucking thread.  If I was a statist, I'd come up with some silly fucking threat that involved the state.  Go fish, jackass!

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 08, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »

Yes, yes. If you don't like listening to someone, then you must be a statist. Ahhhhhhh!

Sometimes I think our movement would be even smaller if the people who supposedly agree with us actually understood what we're saying.

Like...."Football is statist because there's teams and you root for one side. Its just like war where you root for one side. So all sports fans are statists. Bread & Circuses!"

No, no, no. Its not aggressive to watch sports and root for a team because you like the colors or location of their stadium or the players' physique. Seriously, how fucking hard is it to understand the NAP?
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #364 on: February 08, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »

Like...."Football is statist because there's teams and you root for one side. Its just like war where you root for one side. So all sports fans are statists. Bread & Circuses!"

No, no, no. Its not aggressive to watch sports and root for a team because you like the colors or location of their stadium or the players' physique. Seriously, how fucking hard is it to understand the NAP?

Oh, come on. You're mis-characterizing her statement. She specifically conceded that it was in no way a violation of the NAP and that she had no problem with people doing it. She was just making a point about how the thought process of sports allegiances is very similar, and she is right (IMHO). The analogy has been made by others before her. She didn't even come up with it. But I've never heard anyone claim it was a violation of the NAP and therefore non-libertarian.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #365 on: February 08, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »

Long before I even knew what libertarianism or statism or any of that shit was, back when I was in about 8th grade, I recall feeling like the arbitrary-seeming local sports allegiances were ridiculous.

There was a football game coming up between Dallas and Atlanta. I was in school in suburban Atlanta. So many people were rooting for the Falcons, of course, including my step-sister and step-mother. My dad and I bet against them on the side of the Cowboys because we were quite confident that they would win. So we were rooting for Dallas. Why? Because we thought they were the better team and because we fucking had money riding on it!

When I see sports fans with admiration for a team other than one associated with where they grew up or where they're living now or whatever completely arbitrary association, I tend to be a little impressed with their thought processes. Otherwise it just looks stupid. No, not a NAP thing. They just seem stupid, and that's how my step-sister and step-mother seemed to me at that time. And they lost their money for it. But hey, rah rah, local team! Whooo!

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 08, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »

Glad you mentioned that.  None of my teams are local.  There is a collectivist aspect to all sports, though, and sometimes it does show itself, like when Tim Thomas decided not to go to the White House with the Boston Bruins, and a whole lot of people said he wasn't a "team player" because he chose to avoid the obvious political scene (to their credit, though the Bruins organization separated themselves from his views, they said he was not and should not be compelled to attend.)

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 08, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »

Did I say Stephanie said any of that? No.

My comment was directed toward the guy who thought that we're being "statists" because we disagree with Stephanie. Disagreeing with people and/or wanting them to stop hosting radio shows has nothing to do with statism. Just like football has nothing to do with statism. That's why I brought it up.

By the way, do you want to know who did say that "Football promotes statism"???? It was Ian. That is who I was referring to.

And how is it more "arbitrary" to root for a local team than to buy food from a local seller? I've heard many people on FTL talk about "supporting the local community." If it makes people happy to buy stuff from local businesses, so what? If makes people happy to root for the local team, so what?

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 08, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »

Did I say Stephanie said any of that? No.

My comment was directed toward the guy who thought that we're being "statists" because we disagree with Stephanie. Disagreeing with people and/or wanting them to stop hosting radio shows has nothing to do with statism. Just like football has nothing to do with statism. That's why I brought it up.

By the way, do you want to know who did say that "Football promotes statism"???? It was Ian. That is who I was referring to.

And how is it more "arbitrary" to root for a local team than to buy food from a local seller? I've heard many people on FTL talk about "supporting the local community." If it makes people happy to buy stuff from local businesses, so what? If makes people happy to root for the local team, so what?
Bardo Farm is statist.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

apocalisanow

• Yankee Expat in Barcelona
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 08, 2012, 09:49:13 PM »

i like stephanie, she's a welcome change after all week hearing Mark and Ian getting all uppity and ranting (LOL) god bless them :mrgreen:!  She has a soothing voice and she very polite!  Thank you FTL for having her on!
...just sayin' ...

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2012, 03:21:59 PM »

You like her because she has a "soothing voice"?????? How arbitrary.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 09, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »

Hey, guess who else had a soothing voice.

wpv123

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »

The fact that there is a thread titled "Less Stephanie" confirms my suspicion that this chick needs to go. She is annoying, closed minded, and HATES WHITE PEOPLE. She is the bigot she proclaims to despise.

To Stephanie, I strongly suggest you do some reading on what the terms, racist, bigot, and xenophobia means. You sound like fool on the air. Grow up and get a grip on reality. The piss and vinegar that spews from your mouth is repulsive and to say the least irritating. If you even made an iota of sense its down out by your teeth sucking and sighs or condescension.

If FTL cares about it's program they will remove you from the show.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »

Some harsh comments here...I can't see being angry-hostile about Stephanie. I download every podcast and I simply stop listening when I hear Stephanie's voice - it's irritating to waste the time downloading a podcast I can't listen to, but it's not worth getting angry about.

Mark likes the controversy - he believes it to be good for business...I want more people to be exposed to the ideas of liberty, so I hope he is right, but I think Nemmy would be a far better choice. If Mark keeps Stephanie on long-term, I really hope someone teaches her how to speak into a microphone without gurgling saliva or sucking her teeth.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Less Stephanie, Please

// ]]>

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 31 queries.