Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Attraction  (Read 90537 times)

Ecolitan

• View Profile
Re: Law of Attraction
« Reply #420 on: April 20, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »

This is an misleading smear. Werner Erhart adopt a couple of group exercises from Scientology for his seminars in EST. Neither of which is used in the Landmark Forum.

From what I can tell I've had far more experience with Scientology than anyone else around here (I am a bonified and certified card in a drawer [I don't carry it] Dianetics auditor) and I've listened to the Landmark shows.  Your terminology and philosophy wreaks of Scientology from top to bottom.  Calling it an offshoot might be a little bit overstating it... a little bit, but it definitely falls short of a misleading smear.  When I heard the landmark shows the word plagiarism came to mind.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 20, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »

This is an misleading smear. Werner Erhart adopt a couple of group exercises from Scientology for his seminars in EST. Neither of which is used in the Landmark Forum.

From what I can tell I've had far more experience with Scientology than anyone else around here (I am a bonified and certified card in a drawer [I don't carry it] Dianetics auditor) and I've listened to the Landmark shows.  Your terminology and philosophy wreaks of Scientology from top to bottom.  Calling it an offshoot might be a little bit overstating it... a little bit, but it definitely falls short of a misleading smear.  When I heard the landmark shows the word plagiarism came to mind.

Interesting. Noted.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 20, 2009, 07:00:58 PM »

Not a smear at all, Mark, but saying it was a smear, is in fact, a smear. Smearing me as a smearer - irony at its best!

Scientology and Werner Erhard

Some relevant portions, for those disinclined to read the whole article:

Quote from: Wikipedia
While working as a Mind Dynamics franchise-holder (1971),[28] Erhard decided to have some of his staff there enroll in Scientology communications coursework as a way to train them in sales-techniques.[29][30] When Erhard started his own group, Erhard Seminars Training, it is claimed that he incorporated portions of Scientology practices into the trainings, initially including the usage of the e-meter.[31] According to L.Ron Hubbard, Erhard had hired Scientologists in order to develop these techniques as his own[32] and the Church of Scientology did not take kindly to this usage of their materials without their permission.[citation needed]
Erhard has stated that he benefited greatly from the practice of Scientological auditing, declaring: "It was the fastest and deepest way to handle situations that I had yet encountered. I immediately wanted to learn to do it."[1] Erhard received 70 hours of Scientology audit counseling.[33]
In the 1987 work, L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman?, the author (L.Ron Hubbard's son) states that "Werner Erhard, of EST fame, called L. Ron Hubbard the 'greatest philosopher of the twentieth Century.'"[34] Odd Gods quotes Erhard as stating of Hubbard: "I have a lot of respect for L. Ron Hubbard and I consider him to be a genius and perhaps less acknowledged than he ought to be."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:03:38 PM by Dylboz »
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 20, 2009, 07:06:48 PM »

Not a smear at all, Mark, but saying it was a smear, is in fact, a smear. Smearing me as a smearer - irony at its best!

Scientology and Werner Erhard

Some relevant portions, for those disinclined to read the whole article:

Quote from: Wikipedia
While working as a Mind Dynamics franchise-holder (1971),[28] Erhard decided to have some of his staff there enroll in Scientology communications coursework as a way to train them in sales-techniques.[29][30] When Erhard started his own group, Erhard Seminars Training, it is claimed that he incorporated portions of Scientology practices into the trainings, initially including the usage of the e-meter.[31] According to L.Ron Hubbard, Erhard had hired Scientologists in order to develop these techniques as his own[32] and the Church of Scientology did not take kindly to this usage of their materials without their permission.[citation needed]
Erhard has stated that he benefited greatly from the practice of Scientological auditing, declaring: "It was the fastest and deepest way to handle situations that I had yet encountered. I immediately wanted to learn to do it."[1] Erhard received 70 hours of Scientology audit counseling.[33]
In the 1987 work, L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman?, the author (L.Ron Hubbard's son) states that "Werner Erhard, of EST fame, called L. Ron Hubbard the 'greatest philosopher of the twentieth Century.'"[34] Odd Gods quotes Erhard as stating of Hubbard: "I have a lot of respect for L. Ron Hubbard and I consider him to be a genius and perhaps less acknowledged than he ought to be."

I was told otherwise in Landmark's Introduction Leaders Program. Your quotations look compelling.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 20, 2009, 07:34:14 PM »

No problem. I'm fascinated by all things $cientology. I will say that est seems entirely benign in comparison to the cultural malignancy L.Ron created in Clearwater.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Skooma

« Reply #425 on: April 22, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »

Sorry to bump the Lawl of Attraction thread but I observed something interesting today.

So throughout the day at school, I was hungry and thinking of (roast and fried) chicken.

Tonight I'm getting water and my mom mentions she is getting KFC. This is tripping me out since I remembered the Law of Attraction, of all the things that could be for dinner (Chinese, burgers, pizza, using that room that I hear people make food in) it has to be chicken, which hijacked my brain today at school.

Now, I'd say this is probably a coincidence. Especially considering the thing I think about most (success with women) still eludes me despite positive thought and action. Maybe it's that involving other people has to account for their own influence on attraction and how they could cancel me out. Still something to think about.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #426 on: April 23, 2009, 02:22:28 PM »

I don't understand. How does your dinner involve chicken?

Skooma

« Reply #427 on: April 23, 2009, 08:31:35 PM »

I was thinking about chicken while at school because I was hungry.

Then for some reason chicken is on the menu that night.

I'm not saying I bent the universe to my will, but it did remind me of LoA

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2009, 02:02:41 AM »

I guess that was a  little too subtle. I was just expressing my skepticism of the chicken content of the KFC.

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2009, 04:07:45 AM »

I was thinking about chicken while at school because I was hungry.

Then for some reason chicken is on the menu that night.

I'm not saying I bent the universe to my will, but it did remind me of LoA

It reminds me of the fact that an average american eats 81 pounds of chicken per year.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »

It reminds me of the fact that an average american eats 81 pounds of chicken per year.

How much does the average Norwegian eat?

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 24, 2009, 09:04:39 PM »

Maybe Sam will think his way out of jail.

blackie

« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2009, 09:15:50 PM »

I think he will law of attract "time served" by the time he has a trial. Then he can claim victory.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »

I think he will law of attract "time served" by the time he has a trial. Then he can claim victory.

Yeah, then instead of going to trial and then serving time, he can serve time then go to trial. Way to show your control of the universe!
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 27, 2009, 12:49:16 AM »

Lets just hope Sam hasn't  been thinking about "sex" while simultaneously thinking about how the court system is "full" of a bunch of "assholes".  The universe might missinterpret his desires and give him the short end of the stick.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 60 queries.