Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Attraction  (Read 90520 times)

DanPatrick

Re: Law of Attraction
« Reply #375 on: February 23, 2009, 01:59:19 AM »

Yes.

Sam is a scary guru. What he said in that show, oh, man, my skin crawled. And he was just full of contradictions, yet so quick to angrily tell the callers to stop, to shout over them, "we let you talk," etc. And that whole bit about "which book?" Because he is THE authority on hoe the Universe works and which books explain it, apparently. As if the entire fate of the Universe depends on which book you read. :roll:

Rape? Violence? Car accidents? All these are the result of your own unconscious desires, which the Universe knows from listening to your thoughts, even if you don't remember thinking them. Wow. Kids learn a valuable lesson from cancer. It's all about your "interpretation." Well, we should all be happy that North Koreans are being horribly oppressed, after all, they must have secretly wanted to be starved, tortured, worked to death, etc. because the Universe always says yes (leukemia and horrific oppression are just positive learning experiences if you interpret them right)! I interpret that millions of people were just put in a country where the Universe would supply them with the murderous regime they needed, so they could become the victims their killers had asked the Universe to provide them.

Because the LoA isn't about judgement! It knows the difference between positive and negative, between yes and no, between what you think you want or need, and what you actually, secretly require (ostensibly through your "vibrations"). Oh, but those aren't judgments, no! And never mind how obviously conflicting desires get resolved by the Universal All-God, or the contradiction of Sam saying that you are 100% responsible for everything and that you control your reality, yet you can use LoA to make a change in the attitude, behavior and understanding of others around you, so actually, they aren't 100% in control of their reality, because you just LoAed their minds up for them, but then maybe they were unconsciously attracting your vibrations to alter their state of mind, so they wanted it, or maybe other people are just objects in the Universe, there to fulfill your desires and respond to your vibrations, as long as you formulate them positively, oh but then there's the 6 billion other remote controls and, and, and....

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKK MMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Whoops, my BULLSHIT limit was just exceeded. Sam is insane, and he has led Ian and Mark astray. Well, at least Ian, Mark was pretty hopeless already. Oh, but "it's empowering."

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 23, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »

Rape? Violence? Car accidents? All these are the result of your own unconscious desires, which the Universe knows from listening to your thoughts, even if you don't remember thinking them. Wow. Kids learn a valuable lesson from cancer. It's all about your "interpretation."

The term for how Christians reconcile their belief system with the fact that evil exists in the universe is "theodicy."  It's a kind of apologetic designed to deal with the quesion: "If God is really good and just, then why is there suffering?"  The response is usually that evil is created by humans, and if we are to have free will then we have to have the capacity for evil.  When you ask about natural disasters, then the response is that such things allow us to demonstrate the virtues of compassion and pity. 

Hindus use karma to explain this-- don't feel too sorry for that low-caste boy with one leg; he must've done something terrible in his past life which earned him this condition.  People arrive at their station in life according to what they did in the last one, so there's no point in trying to disrupt the system. 

The manifestation of unconscious desires is LoA's theodicy.  Evil is a manifestation of negative thoughts and emotions. 

Christianity: It's not God's fault, you brought it on yourself!
Hinduism: It's not karma's fault, you brought it on yourself!
LoA: It's not the universe's fault, you brought it on yourself!

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »

I rejected it outright when Jerry Fallwell opined that Katrina was God's just and righteous retribution for New Orleans immorality, what with all the sex and drunkenness, and most offensively, those damned homosexuals (like only gay people and their straight pals got their houses flooded or died drowning in filthy water). Now I understand what really happened. Almost everybody in N.O. wanted a big, tall, potent and refreshing traditional Southern cocktail that day. The Universe heard and heeded their desperate, subconscious vibrational call, but they had sadly failed to specify exactly which kind of Hurricane they meant, so the Universe said yes, but then it heard all their even more desperate vibrational requests for helicopters and lifejackets and boats and was like, "my bad, be more specific next time."
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 23, 2009, 11:13:37 AM »

Does anyone remember what Sam's website is?  

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 23, 2009, 11:17:38 AM »

I Googled Obscure Truth Network, but it only shows other sites hosting Sam's videos. I don't have any other ideas for you.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Dylboznia

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #380 on: February 23, 2009, 01:02:05 PM »

Guys, you're looking at it all wrong.  You wouldn't poke such fun at the Law of Attraction if only it had a proper spokesperson.  Introducing...

Jiminy Locust!!!

When you wish upon reality
It's very empowering
Everything you focus on
Will vibrate to you

No request is too extreme
But take infinite responsibility
All-that-is always says yes
To a credulous few
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 23, 2009, 03:56:41 PM »

Oh my gosh, that's the most clever thing I've seen in weeks:) Good work. 

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 23, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »

"Jiminy Locust reminds you to focus, focus, focus! You'll become the 'locus' of all the Universe has to give. That's the way we use the LoA to bring us what we want everyday."

While the above is not nearly as good as your clever little ditty, gibson (kudos on that, by the way), I do think you're really onto something. Perhaps we can further flesh out the character's repertoire of catchy tunes. Before you know it, he'll be an insectoid Jesus, the new six legged messiah, our exoskeletal savior, a miniature musical marvel inspiring us all with the positive vibrations emanating from his winged carapace. He's the kind of religious icon that commands the appropriate amount of respect for the doctrine of LoA. And, he could devour the Flying Spaghetti Monster in a single sitting.

Dylboznia

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 23, 2009, 07:56:46 PM »

Hey guys, I found a link to a karaoke version of "when you wish upon a star."  Please somebody sing the new lyrics over it and make a video set to the picture Gibson created.  (Audacity is a great freeware audio editing program) 

I think we'll need to add a few versus to make it the proper length, EVERYONE INTERESTED in continuing this great mockery of BULLSHIT LoA please contribute a verse.  This will be the first official hymn in Jiminy Locusts hymnal. 

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsXFSiGTmn4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsXFSiGTmn4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I also pulled this off of wikipedia:
In the 1960s and 1970s, Jiminy Cricket appeared in two series of educational films aimed at grade-school-aged audiences. In the "I'm No Fool" series, he advised children how to steer clear of dangerous traffic, sharp objects, strangers, exposed electrical lines, and so forth. In each short, he sang the refrain:

I'm no fool, no sirree!
I'm gonna live to be 33 (then 43, 53, etc., up to 103)
I play safe for you and me
'Cause I'm no fool!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:00:04 PM by parcgreene »

DataLifePlus

« Reply #384 on: February 23, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »

Sam is a scary guru. What he said in that show, oh, man, my skin crawled. And he was just full of contradictions, yet so quick to angrily tell the callers to stop, to shout over them, "we let you talk," etc. And that whole bit about "which book?" Because he is THE authority on hoe the Universe works and which books explain it, apparently. As if the entire fate of the Universe depends on which book you read. :roll:

Yeah, I really lost a lot of respect for Sam after that show. Not just for his apparent inability to reason when it comes to this topic, but mostly for his rude, condescending attitude towards those who disagreed with him. I think the extreme defensiveness and bullying debate style exhibited on that show really tells you something about the weakness of Sam's position.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 23, 2009, 09:18:51 PM »

[youtube=425,350]ujUQn0HhGEk&[/youtube]

Oh my.  This is a bit of beat poetry by Australian comic (and skeptic) Tim Minchin about encountering a woman at a party who subscribes to every bit of supernatural New Age magic hoo ha there is...and the resulting conversation.  It's over nine minutes and sound-only, but absolutely priceless. 

That was...awesome.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

DanPatrick

« Reply #386 on: February 23, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »

The book was "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Law of Attraction" by Diane Ahlquist

rabidfurby

« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »

The book was "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Law of Attraction" by Diane Ahlquist

Wow, I thought this was a joke. I was wrong.

Quote from: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592577598
About the Author
Diane Ahlquist is an author, speaker, and third-generation intuitive who has used her gifts in counseling for over 25 years. She is the author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Life After Death, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fortune Telling, and Moon Spells: How to Use the Phases of the Moon to Get What You Want.

How fucking dumb do people have to be to buy this shit?

blackie

« Reply #388 on: February 23, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »

Ummm, complete idiots?

rabidfurby

« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2009, 09:51:50 PM »

Ummm, complete idiots?

Obviously, but not all complete idiots buy in to the Law of Attraction. So there must be some level of "fucking dumb" that is even stupider than "complete idiot".
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.