Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Attraction  (Read 90818 times)

Njal

• Anarcho-Rodent
  • Being better than you for 30 years!
    • View Profile
    • High North Alliance
Re: Law of Attraction
« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2009, 07:04:49 PM »

Maybe you did........but all honor goes to Rill. Always!
Don't be that guy.

Frost

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 09, 2009, 09:42:12 PM »

I just watched The Secret. A bunch of successful people giving credit to LoA is not any more convincing then a bunch of successful people giving credit to Jesus. Also, mr "i can conjure the parking space i want 95% of the time" is testable so either they are morons for not testing it or they know he is full of shit. I wonder which one it is...  :roll:

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 09, 2009, 10:52:27 PM »

I disagree.   I'd say absent deviant behavior which exists in nature...(human S&M) people objectively prefer to not be murdered or raped.   

THE FARMERS SONS BAD LUCK
The Farmers son dodged the draft and stays home, but ends up being anally raped by his horse.

The neighbor drops by and says, "I hear your son was raped by that horse.  What bad luck!"

The Farmer might reply,  "Maybe." 

But the son receiving the violence would reply... "Yes it's very bad luck; in addition, I can no longer hold a fart during service at my Church of The Law of Attraction. Its quite embarrassing!"  :(

The neighbor replies, "What's embarrassing?  That you fart in church, or that you believe and attend it?"

"Both," replied the son.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:51:06 PM by parcgreene »

Kupotek

« Reply #348 on: February 10, 2009, 06:45:40 AM »

My old view was, "there is no god".  My new one is, "we are god".  My prior lack of belief in a god wasn't a principle, just my view on life based upon my experiences up to that point.  My principle of nonagression has not been threatened at all by this new viewpoint.

One of those rare moments where Ian and I completely agree.

fatcat

« Reply #349 on: February 10, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »

My old view was, "there is no god".  My new one is, "we are god".  My prior lack of belief in a god wasn't a principle, just my view on life based upon my experiences up to that point.  My principle of nonagression has not been threatened at all by this new viewpoint.

One of those rare moments where Ian and I completely agree.

What the hell does "we are god" mean?

Another case of people using bullshit blurry definition swapping to confer emotional meaning to meaningless statements?

First off, who's "we"?

Maybe "we" means humans in general, maybe it means everything that exists.

So then whats the definition of god? The only useful meaning of god is a supernatural being, although I'll play along and assume god means something else, maybe something perfect? or a mystical universal force? or some other extremely nondescript entity

So what it really means is:

Humans/everything are a supernatural being/a mystical universal force/perfect/everything.

WUT?

If you care to replace one of the definitions, I'd like to see how the statement

"we are god"

actually has any important meaning or explaining power on the nature of reality.

Anything I could see it meaning that actually means anything is simply using god as another word for an already commonly excepted use, like "we (humans) are god (special)" or "we (existence) are god (everything)" and so on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:06:40 AM by fatcat »

DanPatrick

« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »

If you search "bullshit" in the forum search this thread is the first one that comes up.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2009, 12:56:40 PM »

Ian, sorry, but I think you'll come to realize why Primacy of Consciousness is wrong. Especially when it is often used to refute the principles of liberty.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2009, 01:03:03 PM »

If you search "bullshit" in the forum search this thread is the first one that comes up.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now we just have to get it first on google.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »

Ian, sorry, but I think you'll come to realize why Primacy of Consciousness is wrong. Especially when it is often used to refute the principles of liberty.

It doesn't matter. He's not gonna listen.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2009, 05:06:24 PM »

It doesn't matter. He's not gonna listen.

I know, but I'm like the Doctor; I had to try. >_>
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2009, 01:11:23 AM »

Bullshit first on Google you say. That, is bullshit. Of course it would be tough to beat out the Penn & Teller Bullshit series, but you never know, there just might be enough bullshit here to out bullshit "Bullshit".

There, I've done my part.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2009, 01:18:08 AM »

BULLSHIT!
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »

Bullshit first on Google you say. That, is bullshit. Of course it would be tough to beat out the Penn & Teller Bullshit series, but you never know, there just might be enough bullshit here to out bullshit "Bullshit".

There, I've done my part.

Well, all I have to say is if a bull shits in my universe, does it stink in everyone elses?  I'd say so, if you say not, you're full of bullshit.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2009, 08:00:06 PM »

Bullshit.

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2009, 01:56:47 AM »

Ian and Mark have made it clear that we have "crawled out of our hole" in the ground to "rain on their parade"  (listen to beginning of Tues. nights show.)  Boo on you, stop reasoning with them! They don't think their credibility is damaged by believing in moral relativism, because they still believe in the nonaggression principle.  You  simply want to prove them wrong, so stop it!  It's hurting their feelings.   They used to be in our sad place, now they are empowered. 

My question for them both is why are they so damn selfish with their positive thinking?  If this is true, why haven't they ganged up with other LoA believers and done something great with their special powers like cure people with cancer or grow back the limbs of amputees?  If all they are using their powers for is furthering themselves then shame on them. 

Yes their message of liberty is compromised to the rational mind in the audience.  People already incorrectly associate libertarianism with selfishness, now the best proclaimers of liberty we have in the movement talk on air about how they believe they control everything in the universe with their magic mental power.  GREAT! 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:12:59 AM by parcgreene »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.