Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Attraction  (Read 90812 times)

Kupotek

Re: Law of Attraction
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »

You're misinterpreting what I mean here.

By taking responsibility, you are taking responsibility for how everything effects you, not the fact that things happen,
but how you respond to those events.  No one makes you feel a certain way.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2009, 03:09:03 PM »

I hope that they go an and find entertainment that is doing as much for liberty. Perhaps they can give their AMP dollars to the Campaign for Liberty and listen to Neal Boortz.

I think it sucks, because I like youse guys and I've historically loved the show. Even Ian.  :(
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

blackie

« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2009, 03:45:36 PM »

But what about Mark? What is his excuse?

DanPatrick

« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »

By taking responsibility, you are taking responsibility for how everything effects you, not the fact that things happen,

Uh, see my earlier reply.  If this is your position, I don't take issue with it.  The problem with LoA is that proponents say that EVERYTHING is in your control not just your reactions.  If you get raped, you don't just choose how you feel after the fact you chose for the event itself to take place.

Militant

« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »

Uh, see my earlier reply.  If this is your position, I don't take issue with it.  The problem with LoA is that proponents say that EVERYTHING is in your control not just your reactions.  If you get raped, you don't just choose how you feel after the fact you chose for the event itself to take place.

Yeah exactly. After listening to it, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.  I agreed with 95% of what they had to say, however Sam's concept that "the universe" puts a shooter and somebody who wants to get shot together is without evidence of any kind. Anytime you start talking about "the universe" my bullshit detector gets turned up several notches.  The concept that a young child who gets cancer somehow "willed it" is rather disgusting.  If Sam can provide a rational argument with evidence for the above mentioned cases, I will be more than willing to listen.  However he has failed to do so and I find it very off-putting when anybody makes extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2009, 05:02:11 PM »

FTL lost at least 6 listeners last night.

I hope that they go an and find entertainment that is doing as much for liberty. Perhaps they can give their AMP dollars to the Campaign for Liberty and listen to Neal Boortz.

It doesn't really matter, Mark.  Even if they give their AMP dollars to someone doing LESS for liberty and it means the government continues hurting people that much longer it's only because the universe took people that wanted to be victimized by the government and government people that wanted to hurt them and put them in the same room.

I didn't say that. Sam is not the Arbiter of all things spiritual. I do think that some people get what they want from the government. Look at Ian and his gross couch.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »

Oh, I see.  So if somebody punched you in the face right now, they wouldn't be doing anything wrong because you're the one who is responsible for how it affects you. 

Kupotek

« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »

I believe what Sam is talking about is coupling what I said with Karma, in that cause and effect based on our past actions lead us to future events.
That consciously or not, we are led to everything that happenbs in our life.  The whole "no accidents" clause as it were.

I'm glad you understood what I meant earlier, I believe in the former not with the latter.

If a woman gets raped I don't believe her karma led her to that because others impose their will on others all the time.
We do not control everything, we only control how we respond to everything.

The idea that we control how we respond is responsibility, I like that, I LIVE that.
The idea that we are responsible for the event itself, well, I believe on one level that alot of what happens to us  happens directly
from cause and effect of our past this is important to understand.  But this does not include the will of others imposed on us, or
acting on us from outside.  Ships go bump in the night, and we are only in control of our own vessel.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:31:32 PM by Kupotek »

Militant

« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »

Why do you believe in Karma?  What evidence do you have that Karma exists and how did you come to this theory?

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »

How do you disprove an LOAer? Just like how you disprove a solipsist: punch them in the nose and ask them if they wanted that to happen (or in the case of an LOAer, ask them if they 'attracted' that aspect of action). 
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Kupotek

« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »

Why do you believe in Karma?  What evidence do you have that Karma exists and how did you come to this theory?

Karma is just a pretty word for cause and effect.  Become aware of your causes and you'll see their effects.

Fuzz-Grunge

« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »

Magic dolphins actually make more sense then this Secret crap.

BonerJoe

« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2009, 07:03:33 PM »

I sorta believe in the whole "expanding universe" thing about how all matter and energy is on a predestined unchangeable path through space. Of course, that doesn't factor in what might be true uncertainty in the state of things...

DanPatrick

« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »

I just got home from Barnes and Noble and when I walked into the store I saw a woman flipping through "The Secret".  I wanted to strike up a conversation about it and warn her of the insanity, but I had a 4 year old that wanted to check out the kids' section with me.

DanPatrick

« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »

FTL lost at least 6 listeners last night.

It doesn't really matter, Mark.  Even if they give their AMP dollars to someone doing LESS for liberty and it means the government continues hurting people that much longer it's only because the universe took people that wanted to be victimized by the government and government people that wanted to hurt them and put them in the same room.

I didn't say that. Sam is not the Arbiter of all things spiritual. I do think that some people get what they want from the government. Look at Ian and his gross couch.

I liked what you said about proselytizing.  Ian and Sam claim that it makes no difference to them whether people buy into LoA or not.  Yet, when they go on a radio show and start making claims about thoughts affecting reality and people getting shot are asking for it then it damn sure seems like they're involving everyone else in their beliefs.  It also seems that they speak about it in such a way that they are pushing the idea that if more people actively practiced positive thinking and "harnessed LoA" then the word would be better.  That, to me, is proselytizing.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.