Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Attraction  (Read 90535 times)

ljossberir

• View Profile
Re: Law of Attraction
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2009, 06:00:49 AM »

Are you #*&#$&*& kidding me? Seriously. I have been listening to FTL for years. This is the most absurd gobbledygook I have ever heard by the show hosts. BY FAR. It almost borders on that breathanariasm guy or the cube guy.

I'll admit: I thought the NWO/Satanic Cult/Bilderberger people were crazy. Suddenly they don't look nearly as bad.

We are all 100% responsible for the actions of everyone? (Maybe we should be communists then?)
Reality is subjective?
The problem with rape isn't the act, but the way it is "interpreted"
Kids get cancer because they have focused on cancer?

WTF did you guys smoke before the show????
I ain't a terrorist, don't misconstrue it
I'm pro-America, pro-Constitution
All I'm doing is speaking truth
when speaking truth brings persecution
-The Civilian's Military, "Masked Militant"

ljossberir

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2009, 06:04:18 AM »

What a bunch of crybabies.  I put the interview at the end of the podcast.  No one forced you to listen.  Mark asked if we could do it, and I said yes.  We haven't had a LoA topic in a long time. 

Boo-hoo.
I listened so therefore everyone that has posted on this thread is responsible for me listening so therefore everyone is responsible for me calling everyone a lunatic.

Therefore, I'm actually a lunatic for calling us all a lunatic but then the rest of you are lunatics for not being lunatics and uh umm wow

ljossberir

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2009, 06:14:15 AM »

LoA just lines up circumstances.

No, no it doesn't.

Show me one repeatable effect. One.

One test. Then ten. Then a hundred.

No personal stories.

There isn't one repeatably measured test.

There is no secret.

I don't really care if you believe it or not, and I think it's already been made clear that there's no science or testing involved here.
Then why does Sam talk about it like its peer-reviewed science? I mean, he does say there's no such thing as reality but he does seem pretty sure EXACTLY what reality is. People get shot because they secretly wanted to be shot? Are you #*$#*# kidding me? Prove it or SHUT THE HELL UP. This is the utter rejection of logic and reason. I'm very disappointed. Very.

Militant

« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2009, 06:34:34 AM »

I don't feel as bad for canceling my AMP after this bullshit.

BonerJoe

« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2009, 06:39:56 AM »

Fuck Sam. Sam is insane. It's in his voice.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:42:38 AM by BonerJoe »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2009, 07:43:58 AM »

Some caveats: 

1. Did I take those quotes out of context?  Nope, sure don't think so, but the guys might say otherwise.  To talk about having control over the world, Mark came up with the analogy of a remote control car, and asked someone-- pretty sure it was Dale-- whether he would prefer to have the controls, or have the car be controlled by someone else.  Dale's response was that it's a false dichotomy, and it is. The world is not either wholly controlled by me or wholly not  controlled by me.  But that's where Mark's "I am of the opinion that I control everything in the world" came from.  Three problems with that, though:
a) Actually, control over the world is shared amongst me, other people, and the world itself.
b) How much sense does it make for every individual to believe that they personally control everything in the world, even if they would prefer it?
c) When it comes to that, why should "I would prefer it" be your standard for determining what you think about the world?

2. Reality is subjective in that we all can only view it from our own perspectives, and those perspectives are (by definition) subjective.  But that doesn't mean that what we're all looking at isn't in fact objective.  If you think subjectivity determines reality, try stepping off a cliff while firmly convinced that you won't fall, or that gravity doesn't exist. 

3. The rape discussion was mainly a chat room joke-- didn't expect the conversation to go there.  But that doesn't make Sam's comment any less scary. 

4.  Guys, the non-aggression principle depends on the belief that initiating force on people is a bad thing.  An objectively bad thing.  I don't think you want to leave that behind. 

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2009, 08:25:21 AM »

FTL lost at least 6 listeners last night.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2009, 09:34:22 AM »

I hope that they go an and find entertainment that is doing as much for liberty. Perhaps they can give their AMP dollars to the Campaign for Liberty and listen to Neal Boortz.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2009, 12:42:20 PM »

Why don't you just LoA their AMP dollars back, Mark? You're the master of the whole universe, there's no need to "hope" for anything, you control it! Make it happen, man!
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »

Yeah, it's pure bunkum. And, the more they talk about it the sillier it sounds.

I still like the show. The likelihood of any person agreeing 100% with any other person is pretty much zilch.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2009, 01:24:13 PM »

Yeah, it's pure bunkum. And, the more they talk about it the sillier it sounds.

I still like the show. The likelihood of any person agreeing 100% with any other person is pretty much zilch.

Plus, I can't think of anything more boring than listening to somebody who agrees with me 100% on everything. 

Kupotek

« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »

I've always been a strong believer in responsibility, that it is empowering to take responsibility for everything in the universe because then we always have the personal
power to choose how we respond to these things rather than ever being a victim to the universe.   

I completely agree with Mark on this.   

In essence, everyone is 100% responsible for their responses to the world, emotionally, mentally, etc...

DanPatrick

« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »

I hope that they go an and find entertainment that is doing as much for liberty. Perhaps they can give their AMP dollars to the Campaign for Liberty and listen to Neal Boortz.

It doesn't really matter, Mark.  Even if they give their AMP dollars to someone doing LESS for liberty and it means the government continues hurting people that much longer it's only because the universe took people that wanted to be victimized by the government and government people that wanted to hurt them and put them in the same room.

DanPatrick

« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »

I've always been a strong believer in responsibility, that it is empowering to take responsibility for everything in the universe because then we always have the personal
power to choose how we respond to these things rather than ever being a victim to the universe.   

I completely agree with Mark on this.   

In essence, everyone is 100% responsible for their responses to the world, emotionally, mentally, etc...

See, I don't think anybody is saying that individuals don't control their emotions or their responses to things that happen to them.  This is not the part of LoA that most people find objectionable.

The part that people are taking issue with is when they say that you're 100% in control of everything that happens to you good or bad.  Not your reaction to the event, but the event itself.  If you get raped it's because some part of you even subconsciously was wanting to be raped.  If you take a bullet to the head from a complete stranger it's because the universe took two people that wanted something (the shooter and you) and put them in the room together.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »

I've always been a strong believer in responsibility, that it is empowering to take responsibility for everything in the universe

Okay, then.  Global warming, the extinction of the dodo, the invasion of Iraq, the fact that Pluto is no longer considered a planet, and the Jonestown suicides are all your fault.  Good luck with that. 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.