Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Attraction  (Read 90790 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Law of Attraction
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2009, 07:35:01 PM »

Sounds to me like you're engaging in collectivist speak now.  Who elected you to speak for all listeners?

What a bunch of crybabies.  

Sheesh.

<<<Knew it was an addendum to the show and isn't a part of a major shit fit.

If it became a regular staple of the show, which it so far has not, I'd get pretty crabby, but I can keep a cool head about it otherwise.

Landmark.  :P
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

blackie

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »

I feel good, and so should you.  Do you?  If not, why not?  Aren't you here to feel good?  I know I am.
If you aren't enjoying your life, you are wasting your life.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2009, 07:43:58 PM »

I feel good, and so should you.  Do you?  If not, why not?  Aren't you here to feel good?  I know I am.
If you aren't enjoying your life, you are wasting your life.

8)  Yup.

Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »

At least do the libertarian capitalist thing and take a clue from the overwhelmingly negative listener reaction to this stuff. We don't want to hear it on the show, that's not what we tune in or sync up for. The market signals are telling you to drop the mysticism stuff from FTL, unless of course, someone calls in about it (though how you can credibly reject or debunk them while simultaneously subscribing to you own brand of it, I don't know).

Sounds to me like you're engaging in collectivist speak now.  Who elected you to speak for all listeners?

I'm just drawing a conclusion from the overall response here. This is the only sample of listeners we have to look at, and there is no one posting here who likes to hear about this stuff. Besides, I don't like elections of any kind, and I sure wouldn't stand as a candidate in that one. Furthermore, I suspect that you wouldn't respect the office, either. Maybe I'll take a poll here and see if there is sufficient aggregate negative demand (if that makes sense) to influence your future decisions about the subject. I mean, let's do a little market research, OK?
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2009, 07:59:07 PM »

Poll's up.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Dylboznia

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »

Don't waste your time.  I'll continue doing what pleases me.   :P
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »

What a bunch of crybabies.  I put the interview at the end of the podcast.  No one forced you to listen.  Mark asked if we could do it, and I said yes.  We haven't had a LoA topic in a long time. 

Boo-hoo.

Did anyone complain that they were forced to listen?  No.

Does listening voluntarily mean that we have to agree with you, or should refrain from saying why we disagree?  No.

Relevance of your comment to the actual discussion, then?  None. 

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »

Nope, just heard them complaining about content they could easily have avoided.   :wink:

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »

Nope, just heard them complaining about content they could easily have avoided.   :wink:

Yes, and?  Does the fact that people could avoid content mean that they have no reason to object to it?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:45:37 PM by Rillion »

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2009, 08:51:56 PM »

Don't waste your time.  I'll continue doing what pleases me.   :P

So will I . It just so happens, bitching is a hobby of mine.

Dylboznia

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2009, 08:58:54 PM »

Yes, and?  Does the fact that people could avoid content mean that they have no reason to object to it?

Object all you want if it makes you feel better!   8)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2009, 09:12:26 PM »

As a newcomer to LoA, I request more info on the topic, on every show. Constantly dealing with all this reality nonsense is not conducive to my positive mindset.

I suggest we continue to urge others to not think of the less-than-positive aspects of life, and to do that we need to talk of only positive things. The airwaves are full of " -'s ", and the less of those FTL broadcasts into space the better.

One thing though, if I am working towards having a positive planetary alignment for my own benefit, am I not by default denying someone else of their positive alignment, in effect having wronged someone else unwittingly?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2009, 11:24:24 PM »

I think we need to invoke the Fairness Doctrine and talk about the Law of Repulsion.  I am its foremost advocate and expert, having invented it myself.  In summary, I posit that being an asshole to people will result in them being repulsed by you and you subsequently having an empty and unfulfilling life.  This result holds no matter what the arrangement of the planets is or what sorts of cosmic vibrations are zooming through space.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2009, 11:40:42 PM »

Tell me more about this LoR. It's not that I'm desperately in search of something exotic to believe in, or to create yet something else that can serve as a distraction and a source of blame when things go awry.. I'm just practicing my open mindedness.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2009, 12:02:59 AM »

You can increase your chances of success by practicing what I call "filthiness".  This entails not washing yourself or your clothing for months at a time.  When you have achieved this level of repulsion you will have the ability to repulse others without making any effort beyond being in their vicinity.  This works to increase your sense of self-worthlessness because you realize that you have achieved a level of repulsion that simply cannot be resisted without putting forth any effort.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Law of Attraction

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 33 queries.