Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Jefferson Memorial
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jefferson Memorial  (Read 3019 times)

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
Jefferson Memorial
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:34:32 PM »

So I went to the memorial on 4 July... Didn't see any dancing. Did go through a few checkpoints that day. None of the cops were intimidating, authoritarian, or even dicks. Only one of the 9 (5 museum, 4 monument) even stopped me for my multitool. Many of the officers were friendly, joking around and smiling, and/or professional. I even had my camera out for one or two of them. I understand Meg and others had some difficulty. I wonder why there is such a difference in our experiences. Time of day, group, demeanor? Maybe its just that I'm a sheeple?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:20:38 PM by LTKoblinsky »

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
Re: Jeffersom Memorial
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:36:51 PM »

Also, I've got a short video of my 8 month old son dancing on my lap. Does that count as a 'demonstation'? Pics later when not on my Blackberry.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

blackie

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 01:18:22 PM »

Also, I've got a short video of my 8 month old son dancing on my lap. Does that count as a 'demonstation'? Pics later when not on my Blackberry.
I think that counts as 'molestation'.

Skibicki

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »

I understand Meg and others had some difficulty. I wonder why there is such a difference in our experiences. Time of day, group, demeanor? Maybe its just that I'm a sheeple?
Your positive energy had an effect on them like the hippies at the Vietnam war protests. Cops need to experience more of your calm type; less of the Alex 'Mega Viral' Jones megaphone blasting in the ears style crap.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 07:11:05 PM »

That molestation joke is low even for these forums, blackie. Also, didn't some hippies get shot at those protests?

Skibicki

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »

Also, didn't some hippies get shot at those protests?
Students at Kent State were shot by a few on the ground and from a helicopter. I haven't heard of other instances.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:42:28 PM »

No students at Kent were shot from a helicopter.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »

I understand Meg and others had some difficulty. I wonder why there is such a difference in our experiences. Time of day, group, demeanor? Maybe its just that I'm a sheeple?
Your positive energy had an effect on them like the hippies at the Vietnam war protests. Cops need to experience more of your calm type; less of the Alex 'Mega Viral' Jones megaphone blasting in the ears style crap.
Seconded. Hope more parents show support in a temperate way at these sorts of things

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
Re: Jefferson Memorial
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »

BTW, the Jefferson memorial is amazing. I love some of the quotes on the walls. I love the ambience and the steps overlooking the Potomac. It's ironic, though, that FDR actually laid the cornerstone for the project.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »

No students at Kent were shot from a helicopter.

Ha! That's what they WANT you to think!
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Jefferson Memorial

// ]]>

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 31 queries.