Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  itunes problems again
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: itunes problems again  (Read 2730 times)

Demon440

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
itunes problems again
« on: December 13, 2009, 12:34:50 AM »

anyone else having itunes problems or is just me?

AL the Inconspicuous

Re: itunes problems again
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 12:38:01 AM »

Solution: stop using CommieTunes.

PodGet is very simple, reliable, OS-independent, and gets the job done.

digitalfour

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »

PodGet is very simple, reliable, OS-independent, and gets the job done.

Will that automatically fill up my iPod with new podcasts?

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 08:54:22 PM »

I dun't know nothin' 'bout them fancy new CommiePods, but back in the good ol' days we played our MP3's on sticks!  We'd just shove a stick in our USB port, mount it, and copy the files over, uphill both ways!  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:02:30 PM by Alex Libman »

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 10:45:24 PM »

I finally broke down and bought a used Ipod and have had a little difficulty getting automatic downloads of FTL.  I have to open the file and select get now for individual episodes.  It doesn't take that long but it would be nice if it was automatic.  Not thrilled with the eject requirement just have to get use to it.

I wanted to be able to play movies on my tv.  So far so good with the movies but I would like to be able to load stuff on the ipod without itunes.  It is one of the reasons I not particularly happy with Apple products they are just so proprietary. 

I have wondered if the sandisk sansa player will work on ipod plug in products like tv interfaces.  The dock port looks very similar to the ipod.  Has anyone experimented or knows if this will work cause I sure like the idea of being able to put stuff on an sd micro in order to expand the content capabilities of any player.  Sansa Player   I am not pushing Tiger Direct they just have the best pictures of the product.

digitalfour

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:47:31 PM »

I dun't know nothin' 'bout them fancy new CommiePods, but back in the good ol' days we played our MP3's on sticks!  We'd just shove a stick in our USB port, mount it, and copy the files over, uphill both ways!  :lol:

If doubleTwist supported podcasts like iTunes does I would use it.

feedmeliberty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »

Yes - am having problems on iTunes on iPhone when I try and access FTL podcasts. Other podcasts work. Tried on two phones - same result. See image "cannot connect to itunes store"

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?imnzwmyojmn
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:27:01 PM by feedmeliberty »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 07:29:27 PM »

I finally broke down and bought a used Ipod and have had a little difficulty getting automatic downloads of FTL.  I have to open the file and select get now for individual episodes.  It doesn't take that long but it would be nice if it was automatic.  Not thrilled with the eject requirement just have to get use to it.

I wanted to be able to play movies on my tv.  So far so good with the movies but I would like to be able to load stuff on the ipod without itunes.  It is one of the reasons I not particularly happy with Apple products they are just so proprietary. 

I have wondered if the sandisk sansa player will work on ipod plug in products like tv interfaces.  The dock port looks very similar to the ipod.  Has anyone experimented or knows if this will work cause I sure like the idea of being able to put stuff on an sd micro in order to expand the content capabilities of any player.  Sansa Player   I am not pushing Tiger Direct they just have the best pictures of the product.
No they don't work.  You can force the plugs into each other, but the pinout is different.  I like my Sansa though, I wouldn't trade it for an iPod any day.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

feedmeliberty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 08:32:42 PM »

OK so I was able to get this issue reproduced by Apple support - its only an issue on the iPhone in iTunes. They say to contact the publisher of the Podcast.

from   iTunes Store <msmac@apple.com>
date   Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:07 PM
subject   Re: ITMS: Podcast cannot be accessed on the iPhone (only on comp; Follow-up
mailed-by   apple.com
hide details 12/31/09 (5 days ago)

David here again, thank you so much for all of your patience I really appreciate it. We have contacted/worked with the publisher of this Podcast for this problem so you'll need to contact the publisher if you continue to experience any more issues.

I hope this has been helpful.

Best Wishes,

David C.
iTunes Store Senior Advisor
Please Note: I Work Tue-Sat 8:00am to 5:00pm (PST)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  itunes problems again

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.