Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  it b called Ebonics!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: it b called Ebonics!  (Read 13478 times)

AngryHateMusic

it b called Ebonics!
« on: August 11, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »

Refer to: FTL2009-08-10 / 20:20

I b yackin back to jean. I b white yo! y u b callin me black! Jus coz I split dem Lakers tickets and seldom fo fortify be meanin me to be black? I wanna be goin to dat game like dat otha cracka yo!

Remember Jean: Ebonics is fun, like jump-rope, swearing, or a pogostick. "Serious" is not a word embraced by the ebonic language. However "Israel" is: "Alonso tried to sell me a Rolex, I said Man, that looks fake. He said, No, ISRAEL."

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
Re: it b called Ebonics!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »

There is a similar dialect spoken here in L.A. by Latinos. It's like Ebonics with some spanish. Bring yo chicas up to mi pad en the noche and we'll rage off the hook. I ain't even playin, yo. No whut I sayin, esay? Why you be trippin compa?
Liberate America!

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »

This is true.  Funny thing is I totally understand the Mexi-bonics a lot better than the black ebonics.  I grew up in LA.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Riddler

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:12:41 PM »

nigga, please

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »

There is a similar dialect spoken here in L.A. by Latinos. It's like Ebonics with some spanish. Bring yo chicas up to mi pad en the noche and we'll rage off the hook. I ain't even playin, yo. No whut I sayin, esay? Why you be trippin compa?

It's called Spanglish.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z13CVD0idrM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z13CVD0idrM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Pocho

Bill Brasky

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 12:13:18 AM »

I fuckin' can't stand George Lopez.  I think he annoys me more than Mencia, which is theoretically impossible. 

Is there a spanglish word for a latino dude who acts way too latino, or have they not yet realized thats a travesty?

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 12:34:22 AM »

I fuckin' can't stand George Lopez.  I think he annoys me more than Mencia, which is theoretically impossible.  

Is there a spanglish word for a latino dude who acts way too latino, or have they not yet realized thats a travesty?

Your question is silly. Too latino? You must not know very many frist generation latinos.
Pocho

Riddler

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 11:07:49 AM »

I fuckin' can't stand George Lopez.  I think he annoys me more than Mencia, which is theoretically impossible.  

Your question is silly. Too latino? You must not know very many frist generation latinos.

got to agree w/ brasky.
lopez is overly latino, if that's possible
everything ''latino'' is annoyingly exxaggerated w/ him...it's his entire act.
that & about a 1000 references to ''you white people''.
if he doesn't say that 300 times a show, he doesn't say it at all.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »

got to agree w/ brasky.
lopez is overly latino, if that's possible
everything ''latino'' is annoyingly exxaggerated w/ him...it's his entire act.
that & about a 1000 references to ''you white people''.
if he doesn't say that 300 times a show, he doesn't say it at all.

You probably dislike him because you don’t understand a lot of the jokes. He is coming from a completely different cultural background than you. You have to remember that unlike other minorities, there is a fresh influx of immigrants from latin American countries which refresh the latino culture in the U.S. constantly. And that is the world he is coming from, probably something that is really far removed from your everyday life so you think he is being too latino. But, he is actually spot on with a lot of his jokes in regard to Latino culture in the U.S. Sometimes I do act like what he portrays on stage and I always know exactly what he is talking about.  Most of his jokes describe people who are of the first generation born in America who have to synchronize the two cultures. I’m not saying everyone is like that, but he picks up on the idiosyncrasies very well, and they are all funny to watch all at once.  For me at least.

As for calling people white, it is what you would expect from a comedian whose material is culturally/racially based. When the jokes are told so only one culture can understand them, you are going to get an us and them mentality.

Back on the dialect topic. I have a hard time speaking Spanish without throwing in some English words. When I went to Spain I had a hard time because I don’t even speak Mexican Spanish, I spoke Spanglish so a lot of the times when talking with someone the other person would look at me as if I was from another planet because I would morph an English word to sound like a Spanish word. For instance: English word, ‘library’. Spanglish word ‘Libreria’. Spanish word Biblioteca. Another example English word ‘Car’. Spanglish word ‘Carro’. Spanish word ‘Coche’.
Pocho

Changed My Mind

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »

someone hit a nerve dissing George Lopez. 

I like Mexican comedy, that Carlos Mencia has great stuff. 

Oh wait he stole his jokes from jews.  That only proves he's smart enough to know where to go for good jokes.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »

someone hit a nerve dissing George Lopez.  

He is my idol.  :P

Along with Cantinflas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantinflas
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:44:23 PM by CaL DaVe »
Pocho

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 03:45:04 PM »

Don't try to stop me if I'm getting too Latino on you guys.  :lol:
Pocho

Bill Brasky

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 05:34:59 PM »

If he can turn it on and off, which he can, its an act.  He is no more admirable than Larry The Cable Guy is to white people.  Guys like him and LarryTCG exaggerate social and racial stereotypes, which serves as role examples to the slow witted of the audience who think its cool or funny to emulate.  

I know four 1st gen Latinos.  The two professional ones hate shit like that.  Just met a fifth one the other day.  Ex-military, smart.  Wanna know what I noticed?  The more intelligent ones don't act all Latin Loco.  Isn't that fascinating?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 06:07:36 PM »

its an act.  
[/quote]

george lopez is whiter than me on the inside.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »

You probably dislike him because you don’t understand a lot of the jokes. He is coming from a completely different cultural background than you. You have to remember that unlike other minorities, there is a fresh influx of immigrants from latin American countries which refresh the latino culture in the U.S. constantly. And that is the world he is coming from, probably something that is really far removed from your everyday life so you think he is being too latino. But, he is actually spot on with a lot of his jokes in regard to Latino culture in the U.S. Sometimes I do act like what he portrays on stage and I always know exactly what he is talking about.  Most of his jokes describe people who are of the first generation born in America who have to synchronize the two cultures. I’m not saying everyone is like that, but he picks up on the idiosyncrasies very well, and they are all funny to watch all at once.  For me at least.

As for calling people white, it is what you would expect from a comedian whose material is culturally/racially based. When the jokes are told so only one culture can understand them, you are going to get an us and them mentality.

LOL.  We white idiots don't understand!  Anton understands, because he likes it well enough.  Or does he sit there laughing at shit he doesn't understand?

Sorry, bro.  But its not all that fuckin' deep.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  it b called Ebonics!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.