Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Ignoring Selective Service Unknowingly Creates Diversity
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignoring Selective Service Unknowingly Creates Diversity  (Read 1236 times)

AngryHateMusic

Ignoring Selective Service Unknowingly Creates Diversity
« on: August 19, 2009, 04:16:14 PM »

In reference to: FTL2009-08-18 - 00:32 Alex in New Jersey

“Stealing is wrong, even when it’s human capital.”

I have always had hobbies; I have always molded my hobbies around activities that can provide a service. Through seeking opportunity to "show what I know" I was able to get my first real paying job doing programming (one of my hobbies) without a degree. There is a huge difference between someone who has a degree and someone who has passion for what they do. It is not hard to distinguish between the two.

I did not sign up for the Selective Service when I turned 18. I lived on my own at 15 and I was not aware that I was "required" to do so. I knew nothing of government and never "updated" my hole in the wall address as I was a minor and did not want to be suddenly returned to a bad situation (home); I just washed dishes, ate a lot of Chinese food and paid $250.00 a month for a room. I attended night school through my high school years. The college informed me that it is considered a "crime" and that I will not be attending without submitting. What a shock, for real! It is not a matter of someone’s dime where I live (Utah), I don't know about other places; I cannot go to college whether I pay for it myself or get someone to steal tuition from you.

As a result I was forced to give up meeting the employer expectation of an approved education. Not a good thing to say when it comes time to your annual corporate review… So what has come from it? One word explains it best, DIVERSITY!

A few years ago I quit my corporate job, began working with a good friend part-time and doing the programming and tech support for myself from home. I began home schooling my 8 year old son and that has been absolutely unchaining. He is such a smart person. I don't steal and I do not support those that do, I still manage to pay my bills. I cannot afford health insurance but I do trade my services with a few select health professionals that I know personally. They have provided better service than we have ever received via co-pay.

Had I been accepted, I likely would have accepted where I was and kept living the 9-5 lifestyle which provided ammunition to thugs, no happiness and a ditch to dig in. Be it a battle I may of considered differently at 18, I have no regrets at 36.

Thanks for being a free thinking individual Alex!

GO FJIA Activism!!!!

One two three

• View Profile
Re: Ignoring Selective Service Unknowingly Creates Diversity
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 04:46:09 PM »

Are you sure about that school situation?  You likely went to a government night school.  That means that even if you pay in-state tuition, other taxpayers are likely paying for most of your tuition costs.  It makes sense that if you don't do everything the government wants that it won't let you attend a government school.  That is how the government works.

However, I don't know if you have to register for the SS in order to go to all private schools on what is actually your own dime.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

AngryHateMusic

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:37:18 AM »

Are you sure about that school situation?  You likely went to a government night school.  That means that even if you pay in-state tuition, other taxpayers are likely paying for most of your tuition costs.  It makes sense that if you don't do everything the government wants that it won't let you attend a government school.  That is how the government works.

However, I don't know if you have to register for the SS in order to go to all private schools on what is actually your own dime.

I would not know about college tuition be it private or whatever as I have never been to college. Maybe you can expound on college vs public/private? I expected to pay my own way which is the exact opposite of taxpayers paying for it. I am very sure about the fact I was denied to hire their services.  I attended a government "high school", at night, not a government college, and yes it was entirely taxpayer funded. It's called the american public school system.

Do you do everything the government wants? Do you have a torrent to download the HR Puff and Stuff episodes? I would really like to see them again :) Oh wait government doesn't want that. Doh!

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 01:09:21 AM »

I don't believe I ever had to show proof that I was registered in the SS system when I applied to college.  But perhaps they could have crosschecked my social security # in a database somewhere.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 01:15:10 AM »

I think they had me fill out a form in high school.  :x

I was so brainwashed then I could have signed my balls away...

Motherfuckers!  :x

(PS:  I'm a different "Alex from NJ", I never call the show.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Ignoring Selective Service Unknowingly Creates Diversity

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.