Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Ian

Poll

Do you think Ian is a pussy for "blaming" his girlfriend Julia for his continued payment of property taxes?

Yes
- 16 (32.7%)
No (but I really mean yes)
- 6 (12.2%)
Unsure (but probably yes)
- 4 (8.2%)
Possibly (why can't he just admit he's scared of losing his home?!)
- 17 (34.7%)
What are taxes?
- 6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Ian  (Read 40099 times)

tanstaafl1981

• Prepare to Die.
    • View Profile
Re: Ian
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2008, 01:12:29 PM »

The FSP is 20,000 like minded liberty-loving individuals. This was my point.
no its not.

There are 8616 FSP Participants and 568 that have moved.
Hoje acordei sem lembrar, se vivi ou se sonhei

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2008, 01:40:56 PM »

What's with the "nitpicking"?! The FSP is an attempt to get 20,000 like-minded people to New Hampshire. We can all view the tracker on the FSP website to see how many are currently registered. I don't understand what the number at this moment has to do with the conversation. Do you doubt that they'll meet this number eventually?!

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »

The FSP is 20,000 like minded liberty-loving individuals. This was my point.
no its not.

There are 8616 FSP Participants and 568 that have moved.
Wrong. 8617

BonerJoe

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2008, 01:54:17 PM »

Do you doubt that they'll meet this number eventually?!

Considering that in 5 years the numbers of "participants" has only grown by 2k, I'd probably be dead before they reached 20k. And most people have probably forgotten they ever signed up.

They count over 200 people that already lived in NH at the time of the statistics counting as "movers". So less than 300 people have actually uprooted their lives at this point. 300 in 5 years. And half of them don't vote as part of their philosophy.

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2008, 02:02:12 PM »

So, are you in disbelief over attaining 20,000 people in New Hampshire or over the idea of a Free State altogether?

BonerJoe

« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2008, 03:57:38 PM »

So, are you in disbelief over attaining 20,000 people in New Hampshire or over the idea of a Free State altogether?

Both, cuz if there aren't 20k people, there is no hope for the FSP. Fuck, there's not even 1k that have moved in 5 years! They are waiting for nothing.

tanstaafl1981

• Prepare to Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »

Both, cuz if there aren't 20k people, there is no hope for the FSP. Fuck, there's not even 1k that have moved in 5 years! They are waiting for nothing.
this.

Hoje acordei sem lembrar, se vivi ou se sonhei

BonerJoe

« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2008, 04:15:20 PM »

1% of 20k is pretty fucking depressing.

If the FSP faked the number and suddenly said a year from now they had 20k signups, how many of that 8k would abide by their agreements and move? LOL.

It's fucking depressing.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2008, 04:17:06 PM »

Caffeine, you are wasting your time arguing with Bonerjoe about the FSP. This has been gone over and over with him and others who don't like the FSP or don't think it will work. It's not worth your time.

BonerJoe

« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »

People like Porc are like religious nuts. They truth is always hazy with them.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »

Don't worry Jay, you won't last long being burned at my stake.

zackbass

« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »

How about the hopping metropolis of Millsfield?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millsfield,_New_Hampshire

Millsfield is not a Town.  Therefore it is subject to the Planning and Zoning of Coos County.  That is unacceptable because we could never be free from Zoning and Planning unless we could incorporate a Town which we couldn't because we would never get the "permission" of the shitheads.  Unlike Texas, where there are "must issue" statutes, New Hampshire makes most Town-forming and Town-splitting and School-District-Consolidation-Agreement-dissolving actions subject to State or County discretion (although it is possible to make things so nasty that they will WANT to let you get back your right to be your own School District, IF you were a Town to begin with, which you wouldn't be if you were Millsfield).

Bottom line, Ellsworth IS the best choice.  Come on, BonerJoe, it is a lovely place and has a LOT more water than Loving County, where I do now have some lots with legal access if you insist on living on Hot Mars (and if you're willing to hire a bulldozer for a few days at $1,000 a day with driver so everyone can get there in normal cars).
Heck, Ellsworth even has employment over in Plymouth, and that Super WalMart we went to at 3 AM on our very first night in NH.

fatcat

« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2009, 04:56:22 PM »

Caffeine, you are wasting your time arguing with Bonerjoe about the FSP. This has been gone over and over with him and others who don't like the FSP or don't think it will work. It's not worth your time.

That's the FSP way.

Ignore any possibility of having your belief in the viability of the FSP shaken.

We wouldn't want cold hard reality crushing all those warm optimistic feelings now.

What BJ says about the FSP is totally correct. At the most optimistic the numbers mean it will be decades before any meaningful change occurs. At most realistic it means the FSP will join the ranks of thousands of other libertarian projects that fail to make any meaningful change, and at worst become a sinkhole for time, resources, and enthusiasm.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »

I voted A but I wish I had voted D even though they're both more or less the same.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

BonerJoe

« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »

Bottom line, Ellsworth IS the best choice.  Come on, BonerJoe, it is a lovely place and has a LOT more water than Loving County, where I do now have some lots with legal access if you insist on living on Hot Mars (and if you're willing to hire a bulldozer for a few days at $1,000 a day with driver so everyone can get there in normal cars).
Heck, Ellsworth even has employment over in Plymouth, and that Super WalMart we went to at 3 AM on our very first night in NH.

SakalCAI should buy land there.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Ian

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.