Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Ian

Poll

Do you think Ian is a pussy for "blaming" his girlfriend Julia for his continued payment of property taxes?

Yes
- 16 (32.7%)
No (but I really mean yes)
- 6 (12.2%)
Unsure (but probably yes)
- 4 (8.2%)
Possibly (why can't he just admit he's scared of losing his home?!)
- 17 (34.7%)
What are taxes?
- 6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Ian  (Read 40107 times)

caffeineespressolounge

Ian
« on: September 09, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »

I continue to hear Ian blame his girlfriend for his continued payment of property taxes stating that "she's" scared he might lose his house as if he were single he'd never pay those taxes. Why cop out and blame her? Ian, it's ok that you're scared of losing your home. It's why we all continue to pay taxes in one way or another. We're scared of the consequences. There's no need to hide behind your girlfriend man. Be bigger than that.

BonerJoe

Re: Ian
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »

What do you mean scared of losing? He WILL lose it.

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »

What do you mean scared of losing? He WILL lose it.
I agree with you. But why hide behind his girlfriend on the air? I pay my property taxes for the same reason! But I don't say it's because my wife is scared of losing our home. It's because I'm scared of losing our home. If I were single and living in my home the answer would be the same. I certainly wouldn't hide behind my girlfriend or wife. That's a cop-out. No one would think less of Ian if he simply said "I'm afraid of losing my home to the Feds if I don't pay my property taxes". Instead of "Well, my girlfirend is afraid the Feds would take my home otherwise I'd definitely stop paying my property taxes".

BonerJoe

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:59 PM »

I don't listen to the show, so this is the first time I've heard about it. And if it's true, that's a pretty shitty thing to do. Ian sounds like he's starting to go overboard, with this,the name change business, and the whole Law of Attraction BS.

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 01:54:24 PM »

I don't listen to the show, so this is the first time I've heard about it. And if it's true, that's a pretty shitty thing to do. Ian sounds like he's starting to go overboard, with this,the name change business, and the whole Law of Attraction BS.
I get it via Itunes as its not here in WI where I now live. My only issue at all is that he's not man enough to simply say that he's the one that's scared of losing his home. We're all afraid to some extent for "not obeying" are we not? I would not say you're any less of a man for stating this. But for some reason, at least while on the air, Ian continues to insist that the only reason he's paying property taxes now is because his girlfriend Julia is scared that he may lose his home. Hiding behind her is weak and a man in his position should at least acknowledge the fear we all face day to day as we try to figure out how to get our country back, especially his own fear. Is he afraid he'll somehow look weak? I don't understand it. Alone we're all weak.

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »

I don't know.

I think Ian is afraid of losing his home, but I think he's willing to do it too.

This year I was ready to not pay their federal and state income taxes, but my wife filled out the forms and sent it in. One can be willing to take a risk, but accept that other's aren't willing to.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 02:03:04 PM »

I don't know.

I think Ian is afraid of losing his home, but I think he's willing to do it too.
Than why not just admit that? Hiding behind Julia makes no sense to me. I have heard this from Ian many many times on the show and he continues to state that the reason he doesn't pay his property taxes is because Julia won't allow him not to because she's scared of Ian losing his home. I think that's a cop-out and makes him look like a pussy in my estimation.
We're all, on some level, afraid of not paying our taxes. There's no shame in that. If you do not pay taxes the Feds are going to make your life as miserable as possible and possibly imprison you. I'm going to abstain from paying my business's Social Security taxes this year but I would not say that I continue to pay my own property taxes because my wife is scared for me. I'm paying my property taxes because I'm scared!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 02:04:41 PM by caffeineespressolounge »

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 02:10:45 PM »

I'm not scared.  It's just money.  I'll get more.

But I won't get another Julia.  So, call me a pussy if it makes you feel good.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

BonerJoe

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »

If Ian wanted to do something for freedom, he would sell his house and give me the money for my little project instead of letting the goverment take the whole thing. Otherwise it's a lot of money to spend on 15 minutes of fame and a broken relatioship with Julia.

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 02:13:47 PM »

Ian, that's not a pot-shot man. Are you seriously telling me that you'd be boycotting your property taxes if you weren't in a relationship with Julia?! So...if it were ever to happen (not saying one way or the other) that you two break up you're going to abstain from paying your property taxes?

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 02:18:21 PM »

If Ian wanted to do something for freedom, he would sell his house and give me the money for my little project instead of letting the goverment take the whole thing. Otherwise it's a lot of money to spend on 15 minutes of fame and a broken relatioship with Julia.
If Ian stopped paying his property taxes I'm quite sure that money would be better spent on FTL and the Free State Project than on your pant-less wrestling association....Boner.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 02:18:51 PM »

Ian, that's not a pot-shot man. Are you seriously telling me that you'd be boycotting your property taxes if you weren't in a relationship with Julia?! So...if it were ever to happen (not saying one way or the other) that you two break up you're going to abstain from paying your property taxes?

Yep, but that's not likely to happen, so I'll have to wait until we get 5 property owners in Keene willing to do it together.  Those are her terms.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

BonerJoe

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »

your pant-less wrestling association....Boner.

LOL, stay tuned.

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »

your pant-less wrestling association....Boner.

LOL, stay tuned.

Just f'in with ya brutha  :wink:

caffeineespressolounge

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

[/quote]

Yep, but that's not likely to happen, so I'll have to wait until we get 5 property owners in Keene willing to do it together.  Those are her terms.
[/quote]
Fair enough Ian. If you say it would be so than I have no reason not to believe you. It just comes across, at times, like you're "hiding" behind her because of the very real consequences you may face if you indeed would stop paying property taxes. I pay mine because I am afraid "they" will steal my home from me or put me in prison. My first real act of "disobedience" is going to be to not file the Social Security taxes for my business this year. I don't know what will happen but I'm willing to risk my business to find out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Ian

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 51 queries.