Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  I liked the Edginton Post tacked on the end of the podcast
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I liked the Edginton Post tacked on the end of the podcast  (Read 4718 times)

Maddog1927

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile

I thought it was cool when the Edginton posts were tacked on to the end of the podcast.  It was like a little FTL bonus.

I know they are now available independent of the podcast, but I always got a little smile when I would download a podcast and see it was a little longer than typical.

Kelvin

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: I liked the Edginton Post tacked on the end of the podcast
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »

Yes, Please resume tacking them on to the FTL podcast.  Those who don't want them can press "STOP" on their players....

I can't seem to get the correct address so my podcatcher can download the individual EP's anyway.

-Kelvin
==============================
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

-Samuel Adams

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »

It's a long show. It's possible to miss that the show ended and an EP has started. I've spent 15 minutes before not realizing I was listening to an ad. Not saying they're all ads, but some are just really long ads. Then again, maybe tacking an ad to the end of the podcast that tricks a lot of people into thinking they're still listening to the show is pretty brilliant and deserves extra kudos.

FreddyFreeman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »

I miss them being tacked on the end of the podcast as well. I really enjoyed listening to the good ones and the interviews that felt like ads (the one with the representative from some gun manufacturer who was trying to sell a million guns stands out as this type) I would just turn off.

Signed
Rarely Listens To Edgington Post Anymore in California

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »

I thought they were still attaching them to the end of regular FTL episodes.  Is that not true?

geogavino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:05:58 AM »

They're still attached to the end of the AMP feed podcasts. I kind of like them separate - giving me the option of keeping up with them when I fall behind on the regular show. In fact, I would like if it was a completely separate feed I could subscribe to.

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

It's a long show. It's possible to miss that the show ended and an EP has started. I've spent 15 minutes before not realizing I was listening to an ad. Not saying they're all ads, but some are just really long ads. Then again, maybe tacking an ad to the end of the podcast that tricks a lot of people into thinking they're still listening to the show is pretty brilliant and deserves extra kudos.

The one about the CCrane Headphones was such an advert :D That didn't stop me listening the entire interview though lol, although I doubt there is any cans on the market that could beat the value for money of my Sony MDR-XB700 (perhaps maybe V-Moda Crossfade LP?).

Anyway, I digress, the best Edgington Post episode was the one where Mark debated that guy who wouldn't shut up about the immorality of voting. Mark was completely right on this issue in my view, but his opponent wouldn't give up.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 09:47:42 PM »

The one about the CCrane Headphones was such an advert :D That didn't stop me listening the entire interview though lol, although I doubt there is any cans on the market that could beat the value for money of my Sony MDR-XB700 (perhaps maybe V-Moda Crossfade LP?).

Anyway, I digress, the best Edgington Post episode was the one where Mark debated that guy who wouldn't shut up about the immorality of voting. Mark was completely right on this issue in my view, but his opponent wouldn't give up.

Monoprice.com sells house brand headphones now.  The "DJ Style" ones are very, very good for the price.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »

With all the complaints about file size with the new higher bitrate, I think we'll keep 'em separated.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 10:42:43 AM »

With all the complaints about file size with the new higher bitrate, I think we'll keep 'em separated.

Now I feel bad about complaining - but it is really awesome that Ian was willing to respond to market feedback. I am very thankful that the size of the podcast is being kept to an accessible size - the quality has always been fantastic.

As for the Edgington posts - I found them easier at the end of the podcasts. I download my shows from the "Go to this episode's page" link on the main FTL page and the Edgington posts aren't linked in that way - I will have to change my way of getting the show to see where to grab the posts, but I haven't bothered yet because I'm lazy and resistant to change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  I liked the Edginton Post tacked on the end of the podcast

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.