Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Host excessive behaviour
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Host excessive behaviour  (Read 3517 times)

maulotaur

• View Profile
Host excessive behaviour
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:38:25 AM »

One of the hosts needs to get a grip on the obnoxious, loud and annoying vocals lately.  Last night was just too much - the podcast was halted at my household and really I was happy to turn it off because it was becoming irritating listening to him going on over Rand Paul.  It's like an old woman in the room that you just want to tell to shut up and breath.  It's too bad because I want to hear the subject matter and the other hosts but not with this nonsense.  While the program overall is definitely more entertaining than a ten-minute blow-hard like "ernest hancock", these outbursts are not helping the value of the conversation there and making me want to take a long break from it. 

maulotaur

• View Profile
Re: Host excessive behaviour part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »

I wanted to update that the host of concern has been more focused lately since having some time away, and I have enjoyed hearing the program recently.  But I do think that having many third hosts rotating all the time is ideal.  Having only the two main hosts with occasional 'informational guest' would be the best! 

ElGuapo

• View Profile
Re: Host excessive behaviour
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »

Pictures or it didn't happen. In lieu of pictures, I'll accept referencing an episode and time.

I imagine you're talking about Mark trying to explain that the political spectrum is rather broad and that a politician landing closer to liberty on that spectrum is preferable to one landing further away. This is pretty simple and I’m sure Ian understands it, but he turns it into an opportunity to grand-stand by interrupting and talking over others as he tries to goad anyone into saying something positive about Rand Paul so he can climb up on his little principle soap box and brag about how perfectly principled he is. I think Ian knows that he can get Mark to raise his voice if he plays dumb long enough and that it plays well with the audience – audiences tend to stay tuned in for conflict – if you want to hear people agreeing with one another, there’s NPR for that.

I love them both – they put on a great show, it’s informative, entertaining and only occasionally preachy.

Ylisium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 09:52:26 PM »

Meh,

Mark gets a little heated from time to time, but of the two he's the one I find to be more level headed.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:45:08 PM »

Meh,

Mark gets a little heated from time to time, but of the two he's the one I find to be more level headed.

Yeah he does, but I can understand why it happens.

Ian: (Relays a news story about some bureaucrat that did something horrible)
Mark: I don't agree with what the bureaucrat did, but I recognize the incentives that led the bureaucrat down that path.
Ian: So you approve of what that bureaucrat did?
Mark: No, I understand why the bureaucrat did it.
Ian:(Cuts Mark's microphone and claims that Mark advocates whatever horrible thing that bureaucrat did)
Mark: (Has a fecal hemorrhage on the air)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:46:55 PM by ElGuapo »

Ylisium

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »

Yeah, pretty much. LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Host excessive behaviour

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 33 queries.