Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  For Self-Ownership but opposed to Doctor Assisted Suicide
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Self-Ownership but opposed to Doctor Assisted Suicide  (Read 5280 times)

sandm000

• View Profile
Re: For Self-Ownership but opposed to Doctor Assisted Suicide
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 09:26:24 AM »

In Libertopia I plan on being a suicide technician. I'll be competing against those lame-ass suicide booths. And who cares if I fuck up, what's the worst that could happen? My patient lives? I'd like to see them bring that shit to arbitration.

I imagine my office would be very similar to the suicide offices in Soylent Green. You pick the music, you pick the scenery, and then when you're all relaxed, I kill your ass.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »

Suicide isn't all that difficult. Certainly, it does not require a trained medical professional to carry it out. In fact, there is already a private organization dedicated to this purpose. http://www.finalexitnetwork.org/default.htm

As Ian likes to point out, "the market will provide."
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 12:09:31 PM »

In Libertopia I plan on being a suicide technician. I'll be competing against those lame-ass suicide booths. And who cares if I fuck up, what's the worst that could happen? My patient lives? I'd like to see them bring that shit to arbitration.

I imagine my office would be very similar to the suicide offices in Soylent Green. You pick the music, you pick the scenery, and then when you're all relaxed, I kill your ass.

Yeah, but how incompetent would you have to be to get sued for it?

*zap*
Patient: Oww! That hurt. Can you hurry it up?
Suicide Tech: Hmmm. Why didn't that work?
*zap*
Patient: Oww! What the hell dude?!?!
Suicide Tech: Dammit! Not again
*BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*
Patient: AHHHHH! FUCK MAN!!! Do you even know what you are doing?
*suicide tech reaches for a baseball bat*
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »

OK tuttle, first of all why in the hell would I try to kill someone with an electric collar?

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »

Well, my friend, then you're against self-ownership. You are then of the opinion that you should own everyone else. Plain and simple. Fuck you. If I want an assisted suicide, I want assistance from a doctor and not a fuckin' plumber.

Why are you such a douche bag all the time?
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »

Having watched my brother's unconscious body waste away because it would have been "unethical" for a doctor to hasten his demise, I can tell you it took all my strength not to just put a pillow over his face. Fortunately for us, he died rather quickly after the food and water were withdrawn, but shit, why? The end result was the same. Withdrawing food and water is a very slow fucking way of dying, why not just slam a gram of the same shit they were (uselessly) giving is for his "comfort." His brain was fucking DEAD. Ot at least the pre-frontal cortex, and all the higher functions. He was not aware of any "pain." His body was going through rudimentary autonomic death throws, so they juiced him up with Demerol and Verced so WE wouldn't have to see him twitch and writhe. Why not double the fucking dose and put and end to the misery? His mother couldn't hack it and locked herself in the garage with a bottle of Xanax, a big glass of wine and a running automobile. She figured out how to do it without a doctor, but my brother couldn't act on his own behalf. It would have been nice if a doctor had taken some initiative in ending my brother's life, rather than simply stopping feeding him.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Hideaki769

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »

Yea i'm sure everyone has some story like that. I remember being my grandpa and how he was effected by cancer. We always had to have a family member over there to help him clean up his shit and piss. Give him baths, etc. Everyday he was in pain and looked like shit. We all just wanted to end his suffering. He didnt deserve to go through all that. It wasnt only painful for him but for us as well. Emotionally taxing and it wasn't easy financially.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  For Self-Ownership but opposed to Doctor Assisted Suicide

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.