Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Enough Derek J Already!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Enough Derek J Already!  (Read 19986 times)

Aahz

• Anarchist Dad
    • View Profile
    • Philaahzophy
Enough Derek J Already!
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »

Are we seriously going to have to listen to a 5-10 minute ad from Derek J every night he's in jail?

I, for one, say enough already.  

We know what happened, we know where he is, we know about the movie, we know we can write him, we know he's trying to raise money to support himself since he's been run out of Keene.  

We get it.

We don't need to hear it every night!

-Aahz

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Enough Derek J Already!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:48:22 AM »

They did the same thing for Sam. It will relax after a while.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:13 PM »

I think he's called twice.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »

WELL THAT'S ONE TIME TOO MANY!!!!!

Aahz

• Anarchist Dad
    • View Profile
    • Philaahzophy
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:33 PM »

According, to your show descriptions he's called in 3 times, and beau's call the other night makes 4 calls from jail which were basically just Derek J ads.  That's on top of the 5/7 show, of which a full 25%+ was Derek J Talk Live.  In addition to the full episode of Free Keene Radio News that somehow ended up on the FTL podcast feed.

And there's been essentially no new information given in all of that airtime.  The repetitiveness is monotonous.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:56:20 PM by Aahz »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:56 PM »

Anyone who spends time in jail in Keene is a HERO OF THE REVOLUTION...
... you insensitive clod!

Aahz

• Anarchist Dad
    • View Profile
    • Philaahzophy
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 11:36:15 PM »

Anyone who spends time in jail in Keene is a HERO OF THE REVOLUTION...
... you insensitive clod!

Then lets hear from any of the others.  :?  Or hear this "hero's" views on anything that doesn't center directly around the same situation we've heard about again and again.  Or hear anything that doesn't sound like an ad for his movie, his online begging, or mail-to-jail.

Mark and Ian are apparently all distraught over the decrease in podcast downloads.  I know that my friends who have stopped listening have cited the repetitive NH-centric information as their primary reason for leaving the show behind.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 12:24:45 AM »

Hell I wouldn't even mind so much if it was smart effective activism.  Bothering grandmothers in the secretarial pool or trying to evade cops on a friggin bicycle is neither - it is just dumb and petty.  REALLY??? Make a martyr out of Derrick for trying to outbike a cop car???  I realize y'all like to smoke but it sounds like your product has some additives.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 01:27:10 AM »

I'm going to say I like Derek J, but I fail to see the sainthood he seems to have attained in the eyes of at least one FTL host.  Then again, as Denis has implied, that host has a tendency to obsess with what he probably considers "Keene heroism."  In fact, the focus on Keene and what many of us consider "overboard activism" (not on every occasion, but on a great many) has been a significant controversy amongst many who AMP the show.  I, for one, think it probably is not a coincidence that AMP contributions are falling, as listeners see the backlash from the Keene community over what some of us feel are poor activism choices.

NONE of this is a knock on Derek J's personal choices.  I think it's more unwise to give marginal choices airtime on a nationally syndicated radio show which depends on AMP dollars to promote libertarian philosophies, and presumably, activism.  Put another way, there's a concern that what seems to turn off the locals in Keene could just as easily turn off the national audience, which is presumably less freedom loving, overall, than a New Hampshire neighborhood.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 02:57:00 AM »

Amp supports LRN. I would hope people would keep that in mind. 

Sluggers

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »

I definitely agree with the sentiments expressed by Aahz and What's the frequency, Kenneth?

I am not sure if Ian even gets it if his only response it to dispute the number of times Derrick has called in.

I am sure Mark does, but he seems to be a minority shareholder in the entire operation.

Aahz

• Anarchist Dad
    • View Profile
    • Philaahzophy
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 06:30:04 PM »

NONE of this is a knock on Derek J's personal choices.  I think it's more unwise to give marginal choices airtime on a nationally syndicated radio show which depends on AMP dollars to promote libertarian philosophies, and presumably, activism.

+1

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 02:49:34 AM »

Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 02:53:40 AM »

If you guys think this is bad, you should go back to '09 when Sam was in the pokey for 58 days.  He was on a lot.

My co host is in jail for not harming anyone and you're saying it's bad to give the guy airtime.  Wow.  I hope you never go through the same thing.  Sorry for caring about my friend, co-host, and tenant.

Actually, just kidding.  I'm not sorry at all.  Derrick is great talent and some people really appreciate hearing what it is like in jail.  Sorry it's not your bag. 

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 02:57:22 AM »

Mark and Ian are apparently all distraught over the decrease in podcast downloads.  I know that my friends who have stopped listening have cited the repetitive NH-centric information as their primary reason for leaving the show behind.

What else do you consider repetitive?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Enough Derek J Already!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.