Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Critique on call-handling
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Critique on call-handling  (Read 14880 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Critique on call-handling
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2010, 01:30:07 AM »

They are choosing when, not who.  Try it.  Call in.  Discuss it on air with them.  They won't screen you out.  They even seem to enjoy being trolled, as long as the limit to it isn't dropping the F-bomb.

OK, you are not smart enough...

Fuck you.  That's where I stopped reading.

Arsenic

• Your mom goes to college
  • I only do what Simon tells me to
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2010, 03:18:08 AM »

Stoker you're just being an ass. Ian can be a jerk sometimes but you need to remove this stick you have up your ass. Chronic callers get annoying and I'm glad he puts new callers ahead of them. So what if Gene had to wait over an hour one night
Give me Liberty....or a bran muffin - Colin Mochrie

Stoker

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:18 AM »

Stoker you're just being an ass. Ian can be a jerk sometimes but you need to remove this stick you have up your ass. Chronic callers get annoying and I'm glad he puts new callers ahead of them. So what if Gene had to wait over an hour one night

Thank you for that brilliant insight. I don't consider paying attention as "having a stick up my ass". If you don't like little things like details and prefer to accept what you are told without question, that is your right. I prefer to look at things analytically and will continue to do so, and I am not looking for your permission or validation.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »

I dont think I've ever waited for over 2 minutes.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »

I don't think I've ever waited more than 30 seconds, and that's when I called during a break.

Because I am awesome. 

(Actually, because I am a girl-type.  But just pretend.)

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 01:20:09 AM »

I cut people off?  You must be listening to the wrong show.  Last night we kept the most oppositional caller for a segment and invited him for another one, but he hung up.

Next time you hear it, please call me out on-the-air, so I'll know I've been a bad boy.

Yes, you cut people off and/or talk over them unless they agree with you, just like yesterday's show with the dillrod from Keene that called in. You call your show "Free Talk", but it is nothing of the sort. When the guy wanted to talk you (or mark- don't recall exactly) announced that "this isn't a soapbox" ,talked over him, cut him off, treated him like an asshole, and then proceeded to treat the show as YOUR soapbox. I didn't agree with the caller, but you guys did chop his call up and badger him to the point that he got disgusted and hung up. Hardly "free talk". Perhaps you should rename the show "We talk, and if you say anything we don't like we talk over you, Live". I have no desire for being treated like this, so don't expect a call from me, ever. BTW, this guy seemed like he was intentionally setting himself up to be knocked down. I am suspicious that he was a plant by you guys to make yourselves look like you are "winning" (or actually having) discussions .

First, you say they cut people off, then, its you cut people off and or talk over them, then you give one incident. Then you say can't recall if it was Ian or Mark, then you say they chopped up the guys call. I'm going out on a limb here and say that there was no plant and it was you who called. That would explain why you are so angry and why you are exaggerating! If it was not you, I would suggest you listen to the archives and refresh your memory; they are free, that is unless you claim they aren't!

Free Talk does not mean you can say whatever you want as I am pretty sure profanity is not allowed. There is a line radio talk show host have to draw; profanity is one and if someone is not making any sense or saying stupid stuff while making no sense would be another.

The beautiful thing about freedom is; if you don't like the show, you can turn it off!

I must say I LOVE the insinuation that it was ME who made that call! Hilarious! Well, guess what? I HAVE CALLED the show, a couple of times, but you are not going to "hear it in the archives" BECAUSE I WAS "PUT ON HOLD" (excluded from talking-NOT FREETALK)AND NEVER GOT ON THE SHOW. You are a real whiz -bang there dude- "Hey man, Like,  just check the archives to see how "free" it is MAaaan" Oh Really Maaaan? It is what you are NOT HEARING in the archives that was the entire point I was making. You DON'T hear intelligent people who disagree with them, and in every case that they let on someone who does disagree (ESPECIALLY with anything FreeKeene related) the callers are nervous first time callers and generally idiots(like the freekeeners suck guy thursday), who are then badgered, bulllied, talked over, made to look like fools and then cut off, it is a fact. My comments about the content of the show had nothing to do with profanity either , they were about whether freedom of expression of divergent ideas were part of the show, and they are obviously not.

Now, about the "If you don't like it then don't listen" garbage you spewed. Let me make something perfectly clear: I could care less about the radio show, AND I rarely listen to it. I do however care about the public perception of the Liberty movement in general, and the FreeKeener BS is a zit on our collective image, and Ian in particular seems to be leading the charge of the idiots hellbent on smearing the public image of the FreeKeene/FSP, and by association, the entire Liberty movement..

The question is : Are the people involved in FreeKeene smearing the image of the FreeKeene/FSP on purpose, or are they just naive idiots that don't understand how the world works?

Maybe you could have a sex change operation then you could call in first? :P
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 12:05:50 AM »

I was only on hold for a whole 5 seconds tonight. Of course, it was my 1st call ever, it was Sunday, and I think they had 3 callers the entire night :) Shomer fucking Shabbos.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:05:37 AM by The Green Bastard »

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »

We don't select calls.  If you call and hold, you'll get on. 

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa (rolling on the floor)...

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »

OK.  After just discovering this thread and reviewing all that's been said, Stoker is correct (as I've said before) the name of the show is misleading.  It used to be Freetalk Live.  It used to be that one could call and wait for 5 or so callers and get on to talk about whatever subject one wanted (which made for a very unusual and entertaining show).  Now the format is different.  The first hour can pretty much be considered dedicated to either a guest or a particular news story that Ian finds compelling.  The next hour you will pretty much only hear callers talking about what the news story or guest was talking about (coincidence?).  Maybe the last hour some callers will be able to change the subject and talk about what they feel is important, but don't expect them to get much time.  If you want to get some time on the air, just call praising the "activism" in Keene or boobies or weed.  (Hey, I don't have anything against any of those subjects, but it's getting REAL boring and predictable).

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »

I think I would prefer to call on Sundays.  Because I am very fearful I will drop a curse word and have to be let go.  I think I would very much like a FTL type show on satellite radio so the dump for cursing button never has to get used. 

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »

Wow, I clicked on a thread called "critique" and got a rant, a very long rant. I think Ian is a crazy jerk who tends to get personal and defensive on certain callers, but can't agree with anything Stoker is saying, mostly because the manner in which he says it. He seems to be the forum ranter.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »

(Hey, I don't have anything against any of those subjects, but it's getting REAL boring and predictable).

THIS
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Xenon

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2010, 11:19:58 PM »

Wow, I clicked on a thread called "critique" and got a rant, a very long rant. I think Ian is a crazy jerk who tends to get personal and defensive on certain callers, but can't agree with anything Stoker is saying, mostly because the manner in which he says it. He seems to be the forum ranter.

This guy is an obvious sock puppet account created to attack me in a childish and tactless manner. (guess who?)

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2010, 11:37:22 PM »

wait, who's the sock puppet and who's childish and tactless...

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Xenon

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2010, 11:39:27 PM »

wait, who's the sock puppet and who's childish and tactless...

You are the sock puppet, and everybody involved with the running of this site are tactless and childish.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Critique on call-handling

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.