Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Critique on call-handling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Critique on call-handling  (Read 14879 times)

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
Re: Critique on call-handling
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »

I stand by every post that I have made, especially the ones you are pointing out.

Of course you do. 

"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill."
-Robert A. Heinlein, science-fiction author (1907-1988)
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Stoker

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »

Bitch bitch bitch

omg you didn't take calls the way I think you should
and you don't talk to callers the way I think you should
and you don't use words the way I think you should
and you don't wipe your ass how I think you should
and you suck and because you suck voluntarism sucks
and and and and

Good lord.... stfu and go do your own thing and do it better if you think they suck so bad. Stop trying to dictate to these people how the fuck THEY do THEIR fucking show. Fucking children.. god grow up

fuck

Wow, so witty. The issue wasn't about usage of words, that was about Ian's (and followers) childish semantics game when he was caught in a lie, wherein I simply held up a mirror, exposing it. Nor is it about my opinion of the childish antics Ian seems to think constitute "activism". It also isn't about how "THEY" do "THEIR SHOW". The issue was about whether the folks running this show are deceiving the listeners about it being "FreeTalkLive, Where YOU CONTROL THE AIRWAVES. According to Ian, they do in fact choose who gets to talk, and coincidentally the callers chosen all seem to bolster the pet causes of the host(s).Those who make the pet causes look good get on all the time and are coaxed and coddled to make them appear intelligent while those who can make sensible points about things like the childish antics of FreeKeener's for instance are generally never heard. Instead what you do hear from those that disagree with the FK/FSP is somebody who is nervous and can't quite make a sensible argument, and is badgered around, cut off, treated like an asshole, and generally made to look like an idiot, thereby painting the whole opposition to the childish antics of FKers and FSPers with the same brush of association. This is the standard tactic of the entire crooked agenda driven media system in this country, and saying this show is somehow different is a slap in the face.

Again: Since they are choosing who gets to talk,  it isn't "FreeTalk" at all, it is an agenda driven show and saying otherwise is an insult.
But hey, if being lied to and treated like a fucking FOOL is ok with you, then Bully for you, eat it up!

Personally, I don't like being lied to.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:35:56 PM by Stoker »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 12:39:06 PM »

They are choosing when, not who.  Try it.  Call in.  Discuss it on air with them.  They won't screen you out.  They even seem to enjoy being trolled, as long as the limit to it isn't dropping the F-bomb.

Stoker

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »

They are choosing when, not who.  Try it.  Call in.  Discuss it on air with them.  They won't screen you out.  They even seem to enjoy being trolled, as long as the limit to it isn't dropping the F-bomb.

OK, you are not smart enough to figure out that being made to wait for hours does in fact exclude people from the show, I get it.

"Duhh, why would holding for hours exclude me from talking? I believe everything I am told and I will attack you if you don't, so THERE! Duhhhh, Geez, why do people think about stuff so much anyways?"

Here is an example that maybe you can get your pea-sized brain around then: You call me up and I say" Hey thanks for calling I really want to talk to you, just a second, hang on, OK?" Then I swap to another call and let you rot- forever. Your choice is to either sit there like a FOOL, or hang up, because I have no intention of talking to you at all, EVER. You don't understand that I am NOT ALLOWING YOU TO TALK eh? Not only would I be denying you the chance to talk,  I would be slapping your face and snickering about it, while you waste your time holding. HAR HAR!

Go right ahead and believe that black is white, you apparently enjoy being treated like a FOOL.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:25:10 PM by Stoker »

TheHx

• Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
    • Antigov.info
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »

I work with you to design at a low cost on a plan you can handle
http://www.coroflot.com/public/individual_work.asp?individual_id=343623&

Stoker

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 01:48:52 PM »

Awe, now, there there, don't cry little boy. Everything will be Just Fine! I didn't mean to make you cry by pointing out that you are a fool. Now run along, your idol Ian is calling you! Go play like a good little boy! Don't forget your sack of weed and a couple of 40 ouncers, you boys are supposed to play "political activist" in the park later, remember?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:50:54 PM by Stoker »

TheHx

• Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
    • Antigov.info
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 02:01:45 PM »

waaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaa.... waaaaaaa... and then waaaaaaa waaaaaaa..... I are angry waaaaaa.

hmmm let's play the credibility game. Who has more? The people who sacrifice their time and skin in opposition to the overwhelming force of the police state or the forum troll that spends all his time online bitching but otherwise not doing shit.

lmao. hmmmm

Ignored... goodbye dumbass... lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stoker

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »

waaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaa.... waaaaaaa... and then waaaaaaa waaaaaaa..... I are angry waaaaaa.

hmmm let's play the credibility game. Who has more? The people who sacrifice their time and skin in opposition to the overwhelming force of the police state or the forum troll that spends all his time online bitching but otherwise not doing shit.

lmao. hmmmm

Ignored... goodbye dumbass... lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Hx : "I am Ignoring You!, LALALALA! I can't Hear you! LALALALA!Your a POOPOO Head! LALALA Ian is my hero, LALALA Your a POOPOO face! LALALA"

Awe now, cmon little boy, you don't have to cry. You can come back and play with the big boys when you are done running around with your fingers in your ears....

Credibility game? Is that supposed to be a fucking JOKE? So, the tactic of FreeKeene movement for winning over the general population to bring about meaningful reform is to hang out in the fucking park and smoke weed and drink Beer!?!? I have news for you there simpleton, all that is doing is making EVERYBODY involved look like a bunch of idiots. So you think that Idiots that hang out in the park fucking off have "credibility" eh? SUUUUUURE little boy, you have it all figured out. By that logic, every god damned worthless derelict hanging out drinking and smoking weed in every park in the country is "credible" and a "political activist". Ya dude, you are playing the credibility game alright, but you are apparently too stupid to figure out that you are LOSING!

"Hey maaan, lay off, I am a political activist, you're just too square to get our MESSAGE man, cough cough! We are taking over this town!If you don't think this is activism, then you're with the PIGS maaan!Liberty! FreeKeene Maaaan!"

A good question would be whether this is being done on purpose, or is everyone doing this just so stupid that you can't figure out that it is detrimental to you being taken seriously?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:35:40 PM by Stoker »

TheHx

• Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
    • Antigov.info
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2010, 03:35:53 PM »

The ignore option here is an amazing freedom solution to tuning out trolls without censoring them. Great feature FTL. Thanks!!

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 06:46:28 PM »

You have a legitimate point in saying that Ian cuts people off, seen that mentioned a few times before, but the "Ian lied" accusation doesn't fit.

They screen callers to see who is who.. maybe someone already called in previously during the same show, maybe it's skirt who'll be bumped up before the lads, maybe it's someone who has specific info on whatever the current topic is, etc. Depending on details like that, they'll select who's up next.

Sometimes the hosts try too hard to get all the callers on, saying "Caller you're next! You've got the last 20 seconds so get it out quick!" ... the caller says "uuhh derrrrr.." and that's how the show ends (badly).

From what I hear, the callers who get bumped to the back of the line are the regular callers (what happened to "drunk"  Jeremy by the way?) like Gene. Gene has a lot of good info and passes it on well, usually. It doesn't seem quite right to put him on hold for hours, or anyone, but what ya gonna do?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

TheHx

• Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
    • Antigov.info
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 09:07:22 PM »

FTL is FTL. It's not the Gene show (just using that as an example, no offense to Gene intended). Anyone who calls more than once a week expecting more than a few minutes of time as a caller simply needs to go do their own show. Then they can have all the time they want. Or, if they have something more critical to say that is not being said elsewhere, ask for a lengthier interview.

1776blues

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 02:10:15 AM »

I cut people off?  You must be listening to the wrong show.  Last night we kept the most oppositional caller for a segment and invited him for another one, but he hung up.

Next time you hear it, please call me out on-the-air, so I'll know I've been a bad boy.

Yes, you cut people off and/or talk over them unless they agree with you, just like yesterday's show with the dillrod from Keene that called in. You call your show "Free Talk", but it is nothing of the sort. When the guy wanted to talk you (or mark- don't recall exactly) announced that "this isn't a soapbox" ,talked over him, cut him off, treated him like an asshole, and then proceeded to treat the show as YOUR soapbox. I didn't agree with the caller, but you guys did chop his call up and badger him to the point that he got disgusted and hung up. Hardly "free talk". Perhaps you should rename the show "We talk, and if you say anything we don't like we talk over you, Live". I have no desire for being treated like this, so don't expect a call from me, ever. BTW, this guy seemed like he was intentionally setting himself up to be knocked down. I am suspicious that he was a plant by you guys to make yourselves look like you are "winning" (or actually having) discussions .

First, you say they cut people off, then, its you cut people off and or talk over them, then you give one incident. Then you say can't recall if it was Ian or Mark, then you say they chopped up the guys call. I'm going out on a limb here and say that there was no plant and it was you who called. That would explain why you are so angry and why you are exaggerating! If it was not you, I would suggest you listen to the archives and refresh your memory; they are free, that is unless you claim they aren't!

Free Talk does not mean you can say whatever you want as I am pretty sure profanity is not allowed. There is a line radio talk show host have to draw; profanity is one and if someone is not making any sense or saying stupid stuff while making no sense would be another.

The beautiful thing about freedom is; if you don't like the show, you can turn it off!

Stoker

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 09:47:19 AM »

I cut people off?  You must be listening to the wrong show.  Last night we kept the most oppositional caller for a segment and invited him for another one, but he hung up.

Next time you hear it, please call me out on-the-air, so I'll know I've been a bad boy.

Yes, you cut people off and/or talk over them unless they agree with you, just like yesterday's show with the dillrod from Keene that called in. You call your show "Free Talk", but it is nothing of the sort. When the guy wanted to talk you (or mark- don't recall exactly) announced that "this isn't a soapbox" ,talked over him, cut him off, treated him like an asshole, and then proceeded to treat the show as YOUR soapbox. I didn't agree with the caller, but you guys did chop his call up and badger him to the point that he got disgusted and hung up. Hardly "free talk". Perhaps you should rename the show "We talk, and if you say anything we don't like we talk over you, Live". I have no desire for being treated like this, so don't expect a call from me, ever. BTW, this guy seemed like he was intentionally setting himself up to be knocked down. I am suspicious that he was a plant by you guys to make yourselves look like you are "winning" (or actually having) discussions .

First, you say they cut people off, then, its you cut people off and or talk over them, then you give one incident. Then you say can't recall if it was Ian or Mark, then you say they chopped up the guys call. I'm going out on a limb here and say that there was no plant and it was you who called. That would explain why you are so angry and why you are exaggerating! If it was not you, I would suggest you listen to the archives and refresh your memory; they are free, that is unless you claim they aren't!

Free Talk does not mean you can say whatever you want as I am pretty sure profanity is not allowed. There is a line radio talk show host have to draw; profanity is one and if someone is not making any sense or saying stupid stuff while making no sense would be another.

The beautiful thing about freedom is; if you don't like the show, you can turn it off!

I must say I LOVE the insinuation that it was ME who made that call! Hilarious! Well, guess what? I HAVE CALLED the show, a couple of times, but you are not going to "hear it in the archives" BECAUSE I WAS "PUT ON HOLD" (excluded from talking-NOT FREETALK)AND NEVER GOT ON THE SHOW. You are a real whiz -bang there dude- "Hey man, Like,  just check the archives to see how "free" it is MAaaan" Oh Really Maaaan? It is what you are NOT HEARING in the archives that was the entire point I was making. You DON'T hear intelligent people who disagree with them, and in every case that they let on someone who does disagree (ESPECIALLY with anything FreeKeene related) the callers are nervous first time callers and generally idiots(like the freekeeners suck guy thursday), who are then badgered, bulllied, talked over, made to look like fools and then cut off, it is a fact. My comments about the content of the show had nothing to do with profanity either , they were about whether freedom of expression of divergent ideas were part of the show, and they are obviously not.

Now, about the "If you don't like it then don't listen" garbage you spewed. Let me make something perfectly clear: I could care less about the radio show, AND I rarely listen to it. I do however care about the public perception of the Liberty movement in general, and the FreeKeener BS is a zit on our collective image, and Ian in particular seems to be leading the charge of the idiots hellbent on smearing the public image of the FreeKeene/FSP, and by association, the entire Liberty movement..

The question is : Are the people involved in FreeKeene smearing the image of the FreeKeene/FSP on purpose, or are they just naive idiots that don't understand how the world works?

alaric89

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »

I, for one, didn't realize you were speaking from experience. That sucks.
For what it's worth both times I called, I called in early, in the first 20 minutes or so.

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2010, 12:22:04 AM »

What I still haven't figured out is: What's the point of this ranting and raving?

There have been times I called the show and not gotten on for an hour. I know from experience that if I call after 9 pm that it's a crapshoot whether I'll get on at all. And I'm one of the AMP program's largest financial contributors (the AMP lines cost me between $60-100 a month depending on call volume).

So I know that if I have something I want to call in about, I do it early, "at the top of the show," as Ian likes to say.

I expect Ian to do what's best for the show, and while I might have a minor quibble here and there, I don't think this qualifies as something worth bitching about.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Critique on call-handling

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.