Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Could You Guys Ask Scott the Bigot a Question For Me?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could You Guys Ask Scott the Bigot a Question For Me?  (Read 5315 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Could You Guys Ask Scott the Bigot a Question For Me?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 08:53:07 PM »

Jews aren't allowed to join country clubs.  You fail.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 10:23:21 PM »

Yes, all the Jewish ethnocentrism dating back to the oral Torah (ex. "the chosen people") was because some private club owner decided to reject Jewish customers 4 thousand years ago...  :roll:

No people outside the Christian and Muslim faith have ever been treated better by the Christians and the Muslims (respectively) than the Jews!  You know why there are no "NO PAGANS ALLOWED" signs on country clubs?  Because all pagans who wouldn't convert were exterminated hundreds of years prior!

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 11:15:28 PM »

Not sure why, but my posts keep showing up several posts after the one I am responding to, even though I posted it directly after the last post.  I was referring to Brasky's post jokingly.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ericrunner

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »

Something occured to me recently. Is "Scott-the-bigot" a provocateur? Is it just me or does Scott himself sound Jewish? I have nothing against Jews and I apologize if anyone is offended by sterotyping how Jews sound, but to me he sounds Jewish.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 01:51:53 AM »

Something occured to me recently. Is "Scott-the-bigot" a provocateur? Is it just me or does Scott himself sound Jewish? I have nothing against Jews and I apologize if anyone is offended by sterotyping how Jews sound, but to me he sounds Jewish.
Sounds like you're a bigot if you think people "sound Jewish" in the first place.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 01:37:19 PM »

There's definitely a tendency toward ethnocentrism that exists among Jews, and also some degree of subconscious guilt for that ethnocentrism, but that guilt tends to immediately project itself into rationalization -- like how an alcoholic would hang out with other alcoholics -- which leads to a positive feedback cycle of ever-more ethnocentrism.  Even if he is an atheist, it is impossible for a person who self-identifies as a Jew to decide between two candidates for a job, another Jew and a gentile, without feeling a special bond for the other Jew as someone from whom mutual understanding and trust can be expected.  To confront this bias would lead to an ideological iconoclasm -- "was I then wrong to marry a Jewish woman, to prefer Steven Spielberg films, to buy Israeli wine, etc, etc, etc" -- that would shatter that Jewish individual's self-esteem to pieces, and thus this cognitive secret must be kept at all costs, like a massive fart that every Jew must hold back at all costs, forever.

So are you suggesting that jews are less capable than other people of introspection?
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 06:50:25 PM »

There's definitely a tendency toward ethnocentrism that exists among Jews, and also some degree of subconscious guilt for that ethnocentrism, but that guilt tends to immediately project itself into rationalization -- like how an alcoholic would hang out with other alcoholics -- which leads to a positive feedback cycle of ever-more ethnocentrism.  Even if he is an atheist, it is impossible for a person who self-identifies as a Jew to decide between two candidates for a job, another Jew and a gentile, without feeling a special bond for the other Jew as someone from whom mutual understanding and trust can be expected.  To confront this bias would lead to an ideological iconoclasm -- "was I then wrong to marry a Jewish woman, to prefer Steven Spielberg films, to buy Israeli wine, etc, etc, etc" -- that would shatter that Jewish individual's self-esteem to pieces, and thus this cognitive secret must be kept at all costs, like a massive fart that every Jew must hold back at all costs, forever.

So are you suggesting that jews are less capable than other people of introspection?
I think he's talking about himself, and how the Soviet system encouraged him to turn into a self-hating Jew.

Just a guess though as I don't feel any of those 'guilts' myself.

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 03:39:32 AM »

There are notable exceptions (which are spun as "self-hating"), but statistically - yes, that is the case.

That isn't some racist generalization to make, but a simple fact of natural selection: people who are capable of introspection simply stop being Jews.

I think he's talking about himself, and how the Soviet system encouraged him to turn into a self-hating Jew.

I'm not a self-hating Jew!  I am a self-loving human being!

Just a guess though as I don't feel any of those 'guilts' myself.

Then you truly are beyond redemption.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 03:42:00 AM by Alex Libman »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Could You Guys Ask Scott the Bigot a Question For Me?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.