Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Chick Talk Live - Enough already...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chick Talk Live - Enough already...  (Read 14542 times)

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
Re: Chick Talk Live - Enough already...
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 11:04:02 PM »

I think the "female callers are more interesting than male callers" theory excludes.... older women.

Just about everybody loves Paula.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »

I think the "female callers are more interesting than male callers" theory excludes.... older women.

Paula's a darlin.  She could be my grandma, on shrooms.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »

No.  "Christian Anarchist"...  You may review: http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=11164.0 for more detail.
I have spent 4 years not clicking on that thread. No way am I gonna start now :)

I don't blame you. It's the black hole of  non sequiturs and fallacious logic .

I will put the logic of a belief in the Creator up against the "logic" of "everything went boom out of nothing in complete opposition to all laws of physics" any day...

Mind pointing me to a non-quack scientist who believes they know how the universe came about? Last I check, the only scientists saying they know how the universe began are creationists.

Oh, right.  I forgot.  "The Big Bang Theory" was dreamed up by "creationists"...   :shock:

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »

Oh, right.  I forgot.  "The Big Bang Theory" was dreamed up by "creationists"...   :shock:

The problem I see with religion is that it claims to know the "truth" that they cannot know. They weren't there.

Neither was I. The Big Bang is an interesting hypothosis, I look forward to what empirical test will be invented to verify it.

My self-respect and mind are not endangered by saying "I don't know", because there is always going to be more that I don't know than that I do. So I am not "comforted" by having someone tell me they have the ultimate answer. The opposite, in fact, that since they cannot emotionally deal with uncertainty I doubt them specifically because they do claim to know ultimate truth.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2009, 09:45:56 PM »

"The Truth" that is claimed to be revealed is one which is claimed to have been revealed by God, the Creator, who was there at His Creation event.  Now you can certainly claim that God did not reveal that this is how it all came about, but then it's not possible to prove a negative, is it??

So the creation story is either a truth revealed by someone who was there as a partaker of the event, or it is a lie.  Certainly we cannot be so wise as to claim that we know which one is true.  I choose (freewill after all) to believe the former.  It seems reasonable from what I see in the universe.  It feels right in my soul.  Those two things are what I base my decision on (my "gut" feeling combined by my personal observations of the creation)...

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 01:24:04 AM »

I HATE Paula's calls, and when she comes on, I always spin the wheel on my iPod until she's gone. Same as I do for Gene.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:26:44 AM by Dylboz »
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »

As to dave's now deleted post, I have not made the claims he tries to assign me.  I have stated many times that "The Bible" is not my main source for my belief (but hey dave, don't let the facts get in your way)...

I come to my conclusions using logic and my own experience.  I use my brain to determine that most of what we are told from birth to death is hogwash.  Most of it is just pablum to make the sheeple behave or at least misbehave in predictable patterns...

Care to disagree on this point?

Jetfire

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »

Psh you deleted my drunk post? Censorship sucks. But whatever man you can get butt hurt over it or ignore me.

I dont really care if I got the facts straight. Your a cool guy but a nutcase who uses no logic.

And hey thats great! I'm glad you use common sense to realize most ppl are full of bullshit. Wanna cookie?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:33:32 PM by Dave »

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »

Actually, I do... Cookies have always been my weakness...

My mother said that when I was a little tyke I would walk around with a cookie in each hand...  :lol:

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 01:35:36 PM »

Now you can certainly claim that God did not reveal that this is how it all came about, but then it's not possible to prove a negative, is it??

Your statement assumes a god. I do not make that assumption.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Njal

• Anarcho-Rodent
  • Being better than you for 30 years!
    • View Profile
    • High North Alliance
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

Gene. You still are a fucking fuck tard. I want my old post back where I was mean to you.

Cocksucker
Don't be that guy.

Njal

• Anarcho-Rodent
  • Being better than you for 30 years!
    • View Profile
    • High North Alliance
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 02:47:08 PM »

After further consideration, I realize I am being a prick. Gene, I would like to formally apologize for saying mean things to you and ask for your forgiveness. My behavior was not that of a kind person, and I am sorry for any ire I may have caused. For those of you who read my message, I also apologize and would like all of you to know I was acting like an asshole and will not do so again.

Regards, Nyal
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:21:01 PM by Njal »
Don't be that guy.

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 07:34:02 PM »

I HATE Paula's calls, and when she comes on, I always spin the wheel on my iPod until she's gone. Same as I do for Gene.

Gene's calls are usually decent enough for me to stand. Paula's annoy me quite a bit.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

Jetfire

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 07:46:26 PM »

At first I love paulas calls cuz they were always crazy and funny in some way but now I would have to agree. They're a lil annoying now. She doesnt call in often though.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2009, 11:02:30 PM »

After further consideration, I realize I am being a prick. Gene, I would like to formally apologize for saying mean things to you and ask for your forgiveness. My behavior was not that of a kind person, and I am sorry for any ire I may have caused. For those of you who read my message, I also apologize and would like all of you to know I was acting like an asshole and will not do so again.

Regards, Nyal

No prob.  I get angry sometimes and say things I regret later.  We all do.  Welcome to the human race...  :lol:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Chick Talk Live - Enough already...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 46 queries.