Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Chick Talk Live - Enough already...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Chick Talk Live - Enough already...  (Read 14552 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chick Talk Live - Enough already...
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »

Am I wrong for being BORED with freetalklive now that it has turned into a chick show with all this talk about their "feelings" about how scared they are of freedom and how the big bad boogie man is going to haul them all away to the closet if we actually acknowledge that the "government" doesn't exist and certainly doesn't "protect" us in any way.  That's life girls, and no one is really behind the curtain...

Ian, you need to loose your policy of letting the ladies first if they are going to call in such huge numbers.  The guys don't have a chance to get on when you keep moving them to the front of the line...

Even my wife thinks it's pretty silly to have all these ladies on and no men anymore...

I for one will have to start listening to another show in the evening if this continues much longer...  And I have been listening for many years now and don't change channels easily.

One fucking show.  Deal with it.

Jetfire

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 07:12:13 PM »

Am I wrong for being BORED with freetalklive now that it has turned into a chick show with all this talk about their "feelings" about how scared they are of freedom and how the big bad boogie man is going to haul them all away to the closet if we actually acknowledge that the "government" doesn't exist and certainly doesn't "protect" us in any way.  That's life girls, and no one is really behind the curtain...

Ian, you need to loose your policy of letting the ladies first if they are going to call in such huge numbers.  The guys don't have a chance to get on when you keep moving them to the front of the line...

Even my wife thinks it's pretty silly to have all these ladies on and no men anymore...

I for one will have to start listening to another show in the evening if this continues much longer...  And I have been listening for many years now and don't change channels easily.

One fucking show.  Deal with it.

seriously its not that big of a deal. stop being a sexist. I dont really care all we usually here in general is males anyways. If it comes to the point where its mostly just females being the major demographic i'm sure they'll change there policy.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 09:55:47 PM »

Any time the show "shifts" for a few days people cry DOOM from the rooftops

2 shows of chem trails? DOOOOOM
2 shows of couch-on-the-lawn talk? DOOOOOOOOOM!
1 show of girls calling in? DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

If by now you don't have faith in Ian's ability to not let the show get stuck, I don't know how to help you.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 12:08:31 AM »

Get used to it. I think as the show gains popularity and market share, its character is bound to change. The boys won't just be preaching to the choir anymore.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 12:40:52 AM »

uuhhh...

New Hampshire Needs Women.

Why?  It already has more women than men.  If you are referring to the comments of Denis, he has a wife.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Jetfire

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 02:14:05 AM »

1 show of girls calling in? DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

hey man cooties are worse then the swine flu! call in the national guard, the CDC, homeland security, and any other effective goverment resource in uselessly wasting our taxes. That'll protect us all. I'm sure they'll make a vaccine that'll effectively kill 200% more citizens then the actualy disease itself.

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 03:04:55 AM »

If the girls keep calling in droves then I think Ian should make it first come first served then, the show is starting to sound like love line with all theses girls calling in, maybe Ian should get Dr.Drew on for a day when all theses girls call up.

But as long as the girls from the question club aren't calling in everyday I think its fine

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 04:35:11 AM »

I've kind of enjoyed the calls.  Isn't part of the idea of this show to persuade people to accept ideas consistent with the NAP?  Convincing a different demographic is a good thing.  As they expand to more mainstream stations, there will be different types of callers.  I think it is all good.  I can listen to lots of other stuff for more of the finer points of libertarian theory, and I do.  I am interested in hearing ways of persuading other types of people, particularly the types that don't seek out this stuff on their own the way I did and I'm sure many others here did.  Although some of the girls do seem to be asking good questions, maybe they already are thinking about these things already, and maybe they became curious after reading posts on their forum.

I think one change to consider making is allowing a male caller in after a certain number  of females (maybe 3 or 4), no matter the number of females on the line.

Also, I am not a caller, so I am not viewing this issue from Gene's perspective.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 07:15:29 AM »

Anything that keeps Gene off the air is fine with me. His calls are worse than Paula's.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »

Anything that keeps Gene off the air is fine with me. His calls are worse than Paula's.

I like his calls, although he's dead wrong most of the time.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

BonerJoe

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »

Obviously Ian likes to be dominated by the ladies.

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »

:lol:

Thanks for the encouragement...

I will have to make an effort to call in more often...

joshuathesmart

• 28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 02:22:38 PM »

I like Gene's calls first of all.

But I gotta say, there needs to be some rethinking of the ladies first policy as the show becomes more popular. I think FTL breaks the mold of the male dominated talk shows. I believe that they discussed that on the air though, making this thread, um, like one of Paula's calls
They say right when they flood the house and they tear it to shreds that... destruction is a form of creation," so the fact that they burn the money is ironic. They just want to see what happens when they tear the world apart. They want to change things.

IndyCA

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 05:00:01 PM »

Seriously, enough of the vagina hour.  :lol:

IndyCA

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »

I like his calls, although he's dead wrong most of the time.

I like them!  I also like that guy who sounds like a psycho like McVeigh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Chick Talk Live - Enough already...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.