Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Chick Talk Live - Enough already...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Chick Talk Live - Enough already...  (Read 14541 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...
Chick Talk Live - Enough already...
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:56:36 AM »

Am I wrong for being BORED with freetalklive now that it has turned into a chick show with all this talk about their "feelings" about how scared they are of freedom and how the big bad boogie man is going to haul them all away to the closet if we actually acknowledge that the "government" doesn't exist and certainly doesn't "protect" us in any way.  That's life girls, and no one is really behind the curtain...

Ian, you need to loose your policy of letting the ladies first if they are going to call in such huge numbers.  The guys don't have a chance to get on when you keep moving them to the front of the line...

Even my wife thinks it's pretty silly to have all these ladies on and no men anymore...

I for one will have to start listening to another show in the evening if this continues much longer...  And I have been listening for many years now and don't change channels easily.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
Re: Chick Talk Live - Enough already...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »

I found it fun. Something different from the usual political rantings.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

patrickj

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »

My only criticism is that the conversations were exhaustive and drawn out a little bit.  I enjoyed it all around.

A few slower paced shows with female callers is reason enough to stop listening to FTL?  Sounds like you do change channels easily, gene. 

jacross

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »

...How many shows has it been Gene?  One show?  Calm yourself.

It's like when the nutbars in Montana starting turning FreeTalkLive into ChemTalkLive, you grit your teeth and you get through it.

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »

If it's Chick Talk live when women call up, is it Dick Talk Live when the men do?
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 11:44:09 AM »

If it's Chick Talk live when women call up, is it Dick Talk Live when the men do?

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »

Look, it's Ian's show and he can do what he wants with it.  The only question is will he loose more listeners than he gains by a "change" in show format.  Any change will result in some people leaving and other new listeners tuning in.  Only Ian will be able to make the decision as to which way he wants the show to go.  It has grown a great deal with the current format of being a liberty oriented show with some shock topics and that is what I want to hear (I think I am in agreement with most of the current audience in this perspective).  If it turns into a ladies talk show and some greater percentage of the subjects turn to "feelings" and "kittens" and such, many of the existing audience will leave.  The only question to Ian is will he gain enough women to replace them? 

It's his call, I'm just voicing my opinion here to give him my perspective as a long time listener.  If knowing the opinions of the listeners is not important to him, then he doesn't need to read this and none of us needs to continue this thread...

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »

This thread annoys me...let's talk about kittens instead!!!!
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 03:55:31 PM »

If it turns into a ladies talk show and some greater percentage of the subjects turn to "feelings" and "kittens" and such, many of the existing audience will leave.  The only question to Ian is will he gain enough women to replace them? 

I know that I'd be more likely to listen-- and very possibly AMP more-- if they returned to having a portion of each show devoted to discussing lighter topics.   The show where they spend nearly half of the time talking about people who cut themselves and laughing at their insipid essays on a self-cutter web site was one of the best ever. 

Hmmm....I should look that one up. 

patrickj

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »

Look, it's Ian's show and he can do what he wants with it.  The only question is will he loose more listeners than he gains by a "change" in show format.  Any change will result in some people leaving and other new listeners tuning in.  Only Ian will be able to make the decision as to which way he wants the show to go.  It has grown a great deal with the current format of being a liberty oriented show with some shock topics and that is what I want to hear (I think I am in agreement with most of the current audience in this perspective).  If it turns into a ladies talk show and some greater percentage of the subjects turn to "feelings" and "kittens" and such, many of the existing audience will leave.  The only question to Ian is will he gain enough women to replace them? 

It's his call, I'm just voicing my opinion here to give him my perspective as a long time listener.  If knowing the opinions of the listeners is not important to him, then he doesn't need to read this and none of us needs to continue this thread...

Your post had valid points, it was just far too soon to make them.  One portion of one show had more female callers than usual.  Thats story thus far.  Ians had the girls first rule for a long time, and previously it didn't make much difference in the shows.  If every show did somehow turn into a seminar on being in touch with your feelings, i probably wouldn't listen any more either.  But the fact stands that the callers brought up their own topics, and there were a few topics in a row that you personally did not identify with.  No reason to stop your listenership.  

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »

This thread annoys me...let's talk about kittens instead!!!!

:lol:

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 09:46:25 PM »

chicks talking about anything = more interesting than chemtrail paranoid rednecks from Montana

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »

chicks talking about anything = more interesting than chemtrail paranoid rednecks from Montana

What about paranoid redneck chicks from Montana talking about chemtrails?   :)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »

What about paranoid redneck chicks from Montana talking about chemtrails?   :)
Femaleness trumps almost anything else. Just more pleasant to listen to.

Except maybe in extreme cases, like Paula... but she's so batshit insane, she'd be entertaining no matter what she sounded like.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »

uuhhh...

New Hampshire Needs Women.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Chick Talk Live - Enough already...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 46 queries.