Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Baby Reading Kit
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby Reading Kit  (Read 2615 times)

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Baby Reading Kit
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:08:29 PM »

Just to let you guys know, My parents and I purchased the Baby Reading Kit that you guys advertise on the show for my sister's 5 month old son for Christmas.  By then he'll be close to 8 or 9 months old and hopefully she'll start using the kit with him soon.

If I remember, I'll try to post any kind of feedback I get from her or that I see in her son from time to time here.

BTW, was there a code to use to make sure FTL gets any kind of credit?  It's too late now, but I don't remember hearing anything that just the website.  Has anyone else gotten this kit, and if so how has it worked so far?

HennyJ

• View Profile
Re: Baby Reading Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:03:36 AM »

We got the MonkiSee Baby Reading Kit last year.  We have had great success.  My two year old loves to read the words he knows.  He will sit and pick words out of magazines and read them to me when we are sitting at a doctor's appointment.  Just this week at church, the nursery workers commented on how he sits and reads with them.  They were impressed, and she said she was a school teacher. My two year old loves the books and my baby girl, who just turned 3 months will be the first one to start the program as an infant.  You can view samples of the videos at www.monkisee.com/monkisee_baby_dvds.html.  My kids especially love the new Action Words DVD.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »

Oh, piffle.
I simply went and bought a bunch of alphabet fridge magnets for my kids when they were about 1 year old, and we'd sit around and play a fun game called "make the noise of THIS letter now". The boys loved it, it was an easy game to play with them, and it made it easy for them to learn to read. Some fancy-pants call that "phonics" and charge and arm and a leg.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:18:19 PM »

Usually whenever I see a claim like this or whenever Lew Rockwell starts talking about anything involving health, science, medicine or diet I will do a google search of the subject plus the word 'skeptic'.   

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/your-baby-can-read-not/
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Baby Reading Kit

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.