Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Acid Trips and Splitting Birds
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Acid Trips and Splitting Birds  (Read 7718 times)

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Acid Trips and Splitting Birds
« on: August 26, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »

I've ate plenty of acid and mushrooms in college.  I had what I thought were deep insights.  So I started to write them down.  When I came back from my trip I read them.  They were insightful but not mind blowing.  Birds sure as fuck didn't split split into three separate organisms.   

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Acid Trips and Splitting Birds
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 04:13:27 PM »

Big surprise, acid trip insights not particularly insightful.

I did have some pretty awesome insights on acid & shrooms in college... when I finally "groked" material I'd been studying nonstop for weeks on end. Like certain organic chem reactions which are obvious when you have a giant molecule floating in front of you and the pi-orbitals are REALLY HUGE AND NEGATIVELY CHARGED... or like seeing the force vectors during a frisbee's flight and getting an intutive feel for the underlying equations.

But getting that point did require many many hours of solving differential equations, doing integrals, and learning about the convenient fiction of "molecular orbital diagrams". The knowledge was just under the surface, understood by rote and analytically. The drugs just sped up the process of making that understanding intuitive and wholistic.

akaPoorRichard

• a more perfect union
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:00:24 PM »

If I starve myself for 4 weeks, Dennis, you might look like a hamburger to me. Maybe in alternate universe you actually are a hamburger. Mmmm.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:01:26 PM by akaPoorRichard »
Keith in PA

rabidfurby

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

Talking about acid trips and hamburgers reminds me of this:

Quote from: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/7da5i/police_raids_reveal_baby_farms/c06cqxb
You ask for a hamburger, I give you a hamburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. I give you a hamburger. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. You cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs. A pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. I give you a hamburger. You look at my face, and I am pleading with you. The children are crying now. You raise the hamburger to your lips, tears stream down your face as you take a bite. I give you a hamburger. You are on your knees. You plead with me to go across the street. I hear only children's laughter. I give you a hamburger. You are screaming as you fall down the stairs. I am your child. You cannot see anything. You take a bite of the hamburger. The concrete rushes up to meet you. You awake with a start in your own bed. Your eye twitches involuntarily. I give you a hamburger. As you kill me, I do not make a sound. I give you a hamburger.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 09:51:37 PM »

I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:07:45 PM »

If you take a hallucinogen, you are likely to hallucinate. Whatever you see may not represent the actual, objective reality. Any time that you act on your subjective opinion, bad results are likely to occur.

The world exists as an objective reality, and any action taken based on the idea that your mind creates its own reality will almost certainly cause problems. Most human problems stem from the failure to realize this.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:37:26 PM by mikehz »
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:12:42 PM »

Yes that's exactly the point I was trying to make in my call tonight. I meant to lead out after the break with the fact that every statist idea in history rests upon a moral premise based upon false belief. Ultimately, action based upon falsehood ends in the destruction of consciousness; or, the belief that the mind defines reality rather than the belief that reality is definative leads in practice to the literal non-existence of the mind. That's the point I tried and rather impressively failed to make. I'm easily sidetracked.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »

Big surprise, acid trip insights not particularly insightful.

I did have some pretty awesome insights on acid & shrooms in college... when I finally "groked" material I'd been studying nonstop for weeks on end. Like certain organic chem reactions which are obvious when you have a giant molecule floating in front of you and the pi-orbitals are REALLY HUGE AND NEGATIVELY CHARGED... or like seeing the force vectors during a frisbee's flight and getting an intutive feel for the underlying equations.

But getting that point did require many many hours of solving differential equations, doing integrals, and learning about the convenient fiction of "molecular orbital diagrams". The knowledge was just under the surface, understood by rote and analytically. The drugs just sped up the process of making that understanding intuitive and wholistic.

That's an excellent high brow explanation.

The first night I tripped my lady friend and I ended up at one of those 24 hour pancake houses, 3-4 am after a night out. I remember being completely fascinated at the reflected light on the faux wood grain which revealed all the many layers of scratches & dings in it's multi-patterned surface. That of course unlocked the many secrets of the universe!

The next day however, it wasn't so brilliant afterall- but I did retain a residual underlying understanding of .. "something" - profound but all too vague.

I'd like to hear Julia tell this story first hand.

As far as splitting birds, more likely that what was seen was the same as anyone present but not tripping would have seen and that the effects of the acid created something far more profound in it's users.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:24:15 PM »

I'm not sure what you are asking.

For me, acid gives an interesting look at perspective, and it's fun, but I don't try and justify my drug use by claiming its spiritual. I eat acid because it's fun. Lots of fun.
Julia

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »

I've tried it a few times, and can't say I ever had much fun with it. After a few minutes, it was like, "Uh, okay--you can shut it off now. I said, that's enough!"

I've found that the only thing worse than being stoned on acid is being the straight babysitter for others who are stoned on acid. Not a fun job.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

blackie

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »

I've found that the only thing worse than being stoned on acid is being the straight babysitter for others who are stoned on acid. Not a fun job.
Depends if you like fucking with people.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 11:29:54 PM by blackie »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 06:32:51 AM »

People who get high on acid and need a babysitter either take too much acid, or don't know how to handle being temporarily insane

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »

People who get high on acid and need a babysitter either take too much acid, or don't know how to handle being temporarily insane

Affirmative. By far, most of my trips were without company.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 09:27:42 PM »

Well, I certainly don't think your first acid trip should be taken alone.  However, the babysitter doesn't necessarily need to be straight. 

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »

I certainly don't think your first acid trip should be taken alone.
Agreed, good point
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Acid Trips and Splitting Birds

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.