Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  A couple of Stoner Morons
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of Stoner Morons  (Read 4795 times)

bibble

A couple of Stoner Morons
« on: January 11, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »

Sometimes the show is ok other times the show is good.  But lately the show has just plain sucked.

Sat nights show about Tattoos and children suing parents was just plain stupid.  We had one of the stoners arguing the most stupid arguments one could string together and there was not proving your point because he would just come up with a more stupied scenario.

1.  The concept of Suing your parents later in life.

Are the parents Tattooing their kids Captains of Industry or Trailer Park Trash?

Kids are found not guilty of murder because they have been found not to hold the mental capacity to make adult decisions.  If they are being raised by a couple of whackos with Tribal Tattoos across their face.  Dont you think the kid would want to look like his parents because he was raised in a messed up enviornment?

2.  One of the hosts said that he wants to learn bad behaivors in his home.  He said he would have loved to have his parents teach him how to drink.

Does this also go for Sex and Heavy Drug Use.

Stay away from the extreams and you will get more listeners and retain.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of Stoner Morons
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 03:35:33 PM »

2.  One of the hosts said that he wants to learn bad behaivors in his home.  He said he would have loved to have his parents teach him how to drink.

I disagree on this one. Do you consider ALL drinking to be bad behavior? If my parents had taught me how to drink responsibly I probably would have done a whole lot less stupid crap when I was 16-22. Eventually I sort of worked out the proper relationship to alcohol in my life, but spending time interacting with responsible drinkers when I started experimenting would have been useful.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

bibble

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »

Actually the question was: If you want to teach drinking in the house hold to kids, do you want to teach them sex and heavy drug use as well?

Sat night as with some other nights there seemed to be no line which would not be crossed.

I like freedom from govenment just like the next guy but, we are a country of laws.  If you go out and say that all laws are bad, the cops suck and feel free to say fuck you to everyone.....know one is going to take you seriously.

Pick a platform and then stick to it.....

Having stances which are the same as NAMBLA is not going to win anyone over...and we will be stuck with the same two party system for another 250 years.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 04:05:56 PM »

Why didn't you just come out and troll in good faith?  It took way too long to figure it out with your seemingly honest approach.  Oh, and FYI, Mark doesn't do pot.  His wife doesn't allow it.  Yes, he's pussy-whipped.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 04:11:11 PM »

Actually the question was: If you want to teach drinking in the house hold to kids, do you want to teach them sex and heavy drug use as well?

Yes. Parents should teach responsible use off all of those. Teach that drinking in moderation is OK, socially acceptable, and in some cases can be healthy. Teach them the equivalency between one beer=one glass of one=one shot and what happens when you may drink too much. You can teach them the negative and positive effects of drugs (prescription, hard, etc.), but you don't have to actually give them any drugs. If you explain/show in a logical and rational manner why meth is bad do you really think they are more likely to do meth? Parents should teach kids the purpose of sex and how to perform it safely, as well as acceptable forms of sex and how society feels about the different types.

This show is not going to sugarcoat life for you. Libertarians (usually) attempt to use rational thought, think things thru logically, and do not worry so much about "being radical" or "crossing the line."

Also, scarification and tattoos are common in many cultures FYI. (I'm not saying I like them.)
All we can do is ostracize those who practice that which we feel is wrong in this case.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 04:18:34 PM »

By the way, "a country of laws" is not the quote by itself.  It's followed by "not men."  The point being that "the rule of law" (if you believe in it) has to be consistently and equally applied, from rules that are made in advance, not on the spot.  Of course, this is not what we face today.  We face arbitrary rulers, whose behavior has little to do with the rule of law as so defined.

bibble

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »

Rule of law...Applied the same...I get it...but lets be real.

There will always be people above the law...do I like it..No...Is it fair...no...do most of them get caught...hopefully yes.

Do I think the 17 year old kid in Georgia who got sent to Jail for 10 years for getting a blow job from a 15 year old got a raw deal because he is black. Yes....if that was my son would I have taken up arms against the government...you bet your ass....

Did it take way too long for this kid to be released...YES.

The Rambling point I am trying to make is that these two hosts have a national show....and they are wasting it on stupid subjects which will have no positive effect on the liberitarian agenda....

I equate Sat night's show to one level below the show when one of the hosts was bitching about leaving a mattress on his front lawn for a month.

Both do nothing for the cause except set it back as Libertarian whack jobs who want to be able to take a shit in the middle of the road with no consequences from the government.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 05:23:46 PM »

No.  That's why many of us are anarchists.  There can be no one above the law, and even minarchy tends to put people above the law and violate rights to...protect rights.  Makes no sense.  That will have no positive effect on liberty.

BTW, it's easy to see how you're confused.  The "mattress" was a couch, and it was the tenants' lawn, and it was a lot longer than a month.  FWIW, it's his property, and he should make the rules.  The road, on the other hand, should belong to someone (presumably someone other than he, rather than the current tragedy of the commons) and they should be able to make him move it.  You're dealing in apples and...fruitcakes.

bibble

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »

Lets try and keep things simple on the show.

Smaller Government
Lower Taxes
More Freedom

Pick topics which will make a difference and not make the hosts sound like whackos...

Talking about should parents be able to tattoo their kids, and then letting the kids sue the parents when they become of age is just plain stupid.

Its Bubble Gum Radio at best.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 05:33:06 PM »

Smaller Government
Lower Taxes
More Freedom

Pick topics which will make a difference and not make the hosts sound like whackos...

Talking about should parents be able to tattoo their kids, and then letting the kids sue the parents when they become of age is just plain stupid.

I think you've overlooked two major factors:

1.  This is a radio show that plays for three hours a night, six nights a week.  They cannot have the same conversation over and over and over, or they will drive both themselves and their listeners insane.

2.  Any consideration of making government smaller will inevitably have to address how small it can be, and why, and what are the justifications for having any government at all.   That leads to consideration of topics that push at the limits between small government and anarchy, such as tattooing children. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 05:41:53 PM by Rillion »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 05:42:35 PM »

Smaller Government
Lower Taxes
More Freedom

That wouldn't be libertarian.  It would be paleocon...and not one but both of the hosts disagree with you.  It's their show.  Start your own PaleoConTalkNow.

fatcat

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »

Using stoner as a derrogative is an asshole move.

bibble

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »

Seeing How I only listen to the show on Sat Night...lets keep the lame ass stuff off on this night...just as a favor to me.

How about on Sat nights (again as a favor to me)......talk about which countries which we are going to reduce US aide to.

And which programs which we plan on reducing.....

And then what we plan on doing with that money?  Because Taxes are still not going to go down....no matter how many programs we cut.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 11:50:27 PM »

Call in and talk about it then if its so important. You may call in once each night.

And for the record, yes I agree with WTF?Kenneth in that many of us are anarcho-capitalists. I personally dislike the term libertarianism, due to it being a political party.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »

Seeing How I only listen to the show on Sat Night...lets keep the lame ass stuff off on this night...just as a favor to me.

How about on Sat nights (again as a favor to me)......talk about which countries which we are going to reduce US aide to.

And which programs which we plan on reducing.....

And then what we plan on doing with that money?  Because Taxes are still not going to go down....no matter how many programs we cut.

Favors are not granted, but you can call and suggest a topic as Anarchir said.  Or, you could buy  an hour of airtime.  Or all three for that matter. 

The show is basically about anything.  It just so happens, the hosts are politically motivated, and the topic often revolves around their beliefs.  This is where they pull their discussion topics from, and put their personal spin on it.  But they are  known to discuss things that have nothing to do with any political bullshit at all.  Like milk, or shoes, or Christmas, or the Law of Attraction, or facial hair, or the placebo effect, or video game addiction. 

You could download the podcasts, and skip past the parts you dislike!  This is known as freedom.  Try it, you'll like it. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  A couple of Stoner Morons

// ]]>

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 33 queries.