Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  9/29's show & LARPing
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/29's show & LARPing  (Read 1983 times)

Mandrik

• View Profile
9/29's show & LARPing
« on: September 30, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »

I'm still listening to last night's show (1 hour 10 min left), but Mark & Ian were talking about LARP'ing & cosplaying.  Maybe someone addresses it later on in the show, but I have been LARP'ing since 1998.  I took a five year break when I got married & had twin daughters, but I started playing again last year.

Earlier this year, the G4 network came out to our game & did a really great segment on the LARP game I play called Alliance.  It was for a show called G4 Underground.  They actually were at the specific chapter I play at in Montrose, PA (there are a whole bunch of chapters across the US).  It does a great job of explaining what goes on, but especially with "NPC camp" which is where the plot & monsters are based out of.  Check it out:

http://www.mandrik.com/alliance/larp.wmv

Here is the website for Alliance:
http://www.alliancelarp.com/index.php
-Mandrik

AngryHateMusic

Re: 9/29's show & LARPing
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »

My son wants to be the dragon.  :P
Looks like a lot of fun! I wonder what character it is that you choose?

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »

*COUGH*  luzerz  *COUGH*

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 06:21:55 PM »

It's just like any other hobby. You go out with some friends & have a good time. I'm only playing once or twice a year now, due to time restraints. It's easy to ridicule, but there are a lot worse things you could be doing with some free time. Most people probably spend more time playing video games, and there isn't anything wrong with that, either.
-Mandrik

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »

The only time I did larping was because of a girl. I'd never do that weird ass vampire and werewolf stuff again. I felt ridiculous. People actually were really into it and got into serious fights over some silly rules. They're playing pretend and they got upset like children. Plus they kinda creeped me out. Not my scene.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 06:36:58 PM by Hideaki »

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »

Humbug!  Rational people pick hobbies that teach you something useful.  Or at least build testicular fortitude.  Join a gym.  Or an underground boxing / wrestling club.  Learn how to body-slam your opponent onto barbed wire, then hit him with a steel chair, and then dropkick him from the top rope.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  9/29's show & LARPing

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 31 queries.