Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  53:28 on hold - It's still "Ian and Mark Talk Live" - to hell with the callers..
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 53:28 on hold - It's still "Ian and Mark Talk Live" - to hell with the callers..  (Read 5453 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...

Since today is the TRUE April Fools Day I thought I'd give it a try to call in and talk about taxes.  After 53:28 on hold on the amp line while Ian and Mark (and the girl) chat up a storm and finally take two callers (ignoring the amp line) I gave up.  I was hoping that the show would eventually get back to it's roots and REALLY be a show about the callers, but I see that's not the case.  And since it's not Saturday (as Ian always likes to use as his excuse to keep talking and ignoring the callers) the traffic cannot be blamed.

Anyway, maybe I'll try again in 6 months...

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick

1. Get a bullhorn

2. Haul ass to the studio and protest your dissatisfaction, yelling "MY VOICE WILL NOT BE SUPPRESSED!!"

3. Get some chalk and write "GENE THE CHRISTIAN ANARCHIST WAS HERE" and "LET MY VOICE BE HEARD" on their front porch

4. Throw eggs at the windows

5. Get a chair and some watercolors and paint your titties out front of their house, maybe set an old Victrola record player next to you, blaring some really loud opera music to get on their nerves.

6. Once the paint on your titties is dry, pull out a big fattie, light it up and declare "God damn!!! I love it when a plan comes through!"

7. Haul ass out of there before the pigs come

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:08:49 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg

I dunno, have they changed their slogan yet

alaric89

• View Profile

The "girl" was M7 the new hotter Christian they replaced you with gene. We couldn't have two people ratchet jawing about Christianity.
Why do you use the amp line? I always feel like I ow error a quarter when I use it.
They have been getting a lot of traffic this week. It took them almost a week to read on article on school.

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity

Since today is the TRUE April Fools Day I thought I'd give it a try to call in and talk about taxes.  After 53:28 on hold on the amp line while Ian and Mark (and the girl) chat up a storm and finally take two callers (ignoring the amp line) I gave up.  I was hoping that the show would eventually get back to it's roots and REALLY be a show about the callers, but I see that's not the case.  And since it's not Saturday (as Ian always likes to use as his excuse to keep talking and ignoring the callers) the traffic cannot be blamed.

Not their fault. The AMP lines were not routing calls into the studio correctly. The problem has been fixed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:51:33 PM by error »

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Since today is the TRUE April Fools Day I thought I'd give it a try to call in and talk about taxes.  After 53:28 on hold on the amp line while Ian and Mark (and the girl) chat up a storm and finally take two callers (ignoring the amp line) I gave up.  I was hoping that the show would eventually get back to it's roots and REALLY be a show about the callers, but I see that's not the case.  And since it's not Saturday (as Ian always likes to use as his excuse to keep talking and ignoring the callers) the traffic cannot be blamed.

Not their fault. The AMP lines were not routing calls into the studio correctly. The problem has been fixed.

Shhhhhh.......keep it down.

He said he'd call back in 6 months

Scratch that Gene.

Still major probs with the routing deal. Tubes, knobs, wiring and complicated IT stuff still to be done before its fixed. 6 months sounds about right.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 04:13:13 PM by quickmike »

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...

6 years sound about right...

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

6 years sound about right...

But then again, it might be fixed tomorrow.

The lawd works in mysterious ways.

Nik from Illinois

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile

I tried calling in yesterday and was never picked up on, but it became obvious that there was a technical problem when Ian didn't pick up on me even after he ran out of callers. It has since been fixed -- I called in on today's show just minutes ago, and not only did I get priority, but even before I was picked up on I got a live feed of the show which confirmed that I was getting through, whereas yesterday the phone just kept ringing with an occasional automated promise that I had been put to the front of the line.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

PWNED.

One of these days I'm gonna call in under the name "Gene the Christian Anarchist" and throw a curveball in there.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance

One of these days I'm gonna call in under the name "Gene the Christian Anarchist"
+1 million internets

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Gene-

We have had some problems with the phones this week. Ian didn't say anything to me about you being on the line, and I am sure he would. So, I must assume that he did not talk to you. If I knew you were waiting on the line, I would have made sure you got on. Please try again.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  53:28 on hold - It's still "Ian and Mark Talk Live" - to hell with the callers..

// ]]>

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 31 queries.