Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  4-5-10 show .. in defense of my kind ...
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4-5-10 show .. in defense of my kind ...  (Read 3633 times)

Christy

• View Profile
4-5-10 show .. in defense of my kind ...
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:13:48 PM »

hi all ...

on reviewing the last episode i was a bit surprised about the answers given on the article about women's "turn offs" ... it's "old wives tales" like these or that of "Sir Real" that give dating and relationships a bad name ... what ever happened to being interesting and open and real? i know for myself, when a man tries to play "games" with me i love nothing more than to bust his balls and bring them down to earth .... what will stop me in my tracks? someone honest, refreshing, and unique ... if you want a one night stand or someone shallow, i guess go ahead and be a jerk, lie, or play "games" ... if you want someone you can grow with, be yourself ... but, well, maybe it's just me ...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:38:22 PM by Christy »

BobRobertson

• View Profile
Re: 4-5-10 show .. in defense of my kind ...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:22:29 AM »

on reviewing the last episode i was a bit surprised about the answers given on the article about women's "turn offs" ... it's "old wives tales" like these or that of "Sir Real" that give dating and relationships a bad name

Hi, Christy.

Being one of those oft-shat-upon (figuratively speaking) nice guys, I respect the advice given by the type of guy women just "take home" for the same reason I respect the advice given by the kind of person who instinctively knows what's wrong with a car: Whatever it is they're doing, it works.

Not every "nice guy" goes home every night alone, or never finds someone to "grow with" as you put it. Looking for someone(s) to "grow with" is exactly what we're seeking. But we end up lonely one hell of a lot of the time.

Maybe that's all it is. Women think "this guy's lonely, avoid him, he'll just cling to me." Because, seriously, that's what the guys whom the women pick to spend time with tell us that the ladies tell them.

So I believe you, it's not you. And on behalf of the under-screwed, I thank you for your patronage. But there is only one of you, and there are a large number of me.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

alaric89

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:35:55 AM »

Hopefully a movement based on freedom, principle, and commen sense would stimulate the gathering of a new type of woman where these mind tricks would just be stupid and unnecessary.

Christy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »

maybe if people were more educated? i must say i know many more men than women facing this problem with "people" ... :/

alaric89

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »

"Education" is what Sir Real and his ilk subscribe too. The thing is, as far as tactics to get laid go, he was right on the money.
It's too bad it's a game, but it is.
I see it as just another liberty argument. Imagine if everybody was accountable and sensable then all that silly fear and judgementality, that kills every thing to do with love and relationships, would disappear.
Until then, like any other social issue, it'll just be a game with winners and losers.

phonon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 02:08:34 AM »

Here is a link relevant to the thread.

http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/ng.shtml

All too often we hear self-professed "Nice Guys" complaining about why they can't get a date, and whining that women just want to date jerks, etc. etc. The truth of the matter is that there are genuinely caring, compassionate, decent, fun guys out there who have NO TROUBLE meeting people, getting dates, and having relationships.

Unfortunately, many of the guys who DO have trouble, insist that women don't want them because they are "too Nice". These people who call themselves "Nice Guys" can't see that THEIR OWN behavior is the problem. That behavior either drives women away or attracts the WORST kind of predator - one who is manipulative and self-serving. Whether it is targeting women who are troubled to begin with, setting themselves up to be taken advantage of, or acting in a manipulative, patronizing or obsequious fashion, these guys sabotage themselves and often blame "all women" for their misfortunes.

This section is devoted to the guys who suffer from that self-professed "Nice Guy" affliction. Here is the place to find out why YOUR behavior isn't as "Nice" as you think it is...

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:26:02 AM »

7 uses of the ellipsis in a single paragraph?
No wonder you can't get a steady boyfriend, honey

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »

I took her post and added one word after each ellipsis to make her rant more effective ... more modern.

hi all ... 'like'

on reviewing the last episode i was a bit surprised about the answers given on the article about women's "turn offs" ... 'like' it's "old wives tales" like these or that of "Sir Real" that give dating and relationships a bad name ... 'like' what ever happened to being interesting and open and real? i know for myself, when a man tries to play "games" with me i love nothing more than to bust his balls and bring them down to earth .... 'like' what will stop me in my tracks? someone honest, refreshing, and unique ... 'like' if you want a one night stand or someone shallow, i guess go ahead and be a jerk, lie, or play "games" ... 'like' if you want someone you can grow with, be yourself ... 'like totally what ev's' but, well, maybe it's just me ...

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 12:33:17 AM »

I took her post and added one word after each ellipsis to make her rant more effective ... more modern.

hi all ... 'like'

on reviewing the last episode i was a bit surprised about the answers given on the article about women's "turn offs" ... 'like' it's "old wives tales" like these or that of "Sir Real" that give dating and relationships a bad name ... 'like' what ever happened to being interesting and open and real? i know for myself, when a man tries to play "games" with me i love nothing more than to bust his balls and bring them down to earth .... 'like' what will stop me in my tracks? someone honest, refreshing, and unique ... 'like' if you want a one night stand or someone shallow, i guess go ahead and be a jerk, lie, or play "games" ... 'like' if you want someone you can grow with, be yourself ... 'like totally what ev's' but, well, maybe it's just me ...

Its funny cuz its true.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 01:35:16 PM »

Yes, I frequently hear guys say "Yeah, she's totally hot and kinky, she has this great body....but she uses way too many ellipses, man.  Not happening."

:lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  4-5-10 show .. in defense of my kind ...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.