Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  3-6-10 show
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3-6-10 show  (Read 1372 times)

NHMan

• View Profile
3-6-10 show
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »

Hey all first time poster here. I want to thank Ian and Mark for the 3-6 show. It's great to clearly show the difference between liberty lovers and close minded bigots like the callers for Ron. Great show, although i wonder if there are quite a few less liberty lovers than I had hoped. Although the majority of the close mindedness came from Charleston and SC in general. Another great example we succession is beneficial! Ciao

blackie

Re: 3-6-10 show
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:16:51 PM »

the difference between liberty lovers and close minded bigots
Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

NHMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:40:18 PM »

yea it was a general comment for sure. i guess since I started listening to FTL I just thought most of the listeners were liberty minded. Guess I was wrong.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:47 PM »

Yeah that was a good show. Definitely had some bigots call in, but not all of 'em.

I'm still kinda on the fence on immigration. Latino/Mexican/South American - I like the people and the culture. I love the idea of having Chinatown and Germantown kinda places, Asian and Latino markets, etc.

What bugs me about the immigration thing is the number of people who come over and become ghetto-ized, or bring their various flavors of ghetto identities along with them.

I'm friends with a couple from Columbia. Very intelligent and successful, friendly, etc. They're contributing in a positive way to society (even if they are Democrats). On the other hand, locally there are many gang bangin' thugged out Latino people which any society would be better off without.

A lot of people automatically come down on those who are critical of ghetto people, calling them bigots and whatnot. Many of those people are far removed from "Ground Zero" where all the negative shit associated with illegal immigrants and other riffraff actually happens. I'm not- I'm in the ghetto every school day since that's where my son's magnet school is located (The idea for that is send the bright kids to schools with low grade point averages to create a better image for that district). As one who sees this shit nearly everyday, can hear gunshots in the early AM often, have neighbors (1 door down) who had their door kicked in, I'm a little more qualified to comment on what the real picture is regarding it all.

Not all of the people in the nearby hood are ghetto. Many Latinas I see are dressed in various work uniforms catching the bus, probably going from one job to the next. A lot of the Latinos have work trucks and vans parked all around their houses. But far too many people in the hood just sort of shuffle themselves around with a chip on their shoulder and pants at their ankles.

Immigrants aren't by default hard working honest people simply trying to better themselves, as the hosts of the show seem to constantly imply. Some are, but just as many if not more (from what I see it's the latter) are the next generation of Democrats, and a significant number of them are leeches.

"Well that's because of the welfare state in America!!" is the standard reply. You bet- and not only will that welfare remain, but it's growing. Pretending otherwise, in the name of "tolerance" or "liberty" or whatever isn't doing anyone any favors.

Actually, on that note, pretending that there is no violent crime problem directly associated with blacks in the ghetto isn't doing anyone any favors either. Precisely, it is those blacks who are put at a disadvantage whenever people take that stance.. "It's got nothing to do with them being black. That's BIGOTRY!!" says the hosts (and other white people in search of a cause). Right. Tell that to all the ghetto moms whose sons are gunning each other down. Try talking to some of the older black folks, or black community organizers, or the ghetto thugs themselves. There certainly is a problem with violence with blacks in the ghetto. To sat that there isn't is not only dishonest, it's baffling.

My favorite part of the show was Ian's taking a more diminutive, Beta Male role when the guy "Theft" called in. Ordinarily Ian asserts himself as head honcho, always good fun when he almost giddily fawns over someone whom he apparently perceives to be more than his equal.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:47:25 PM by Comandanté El Diablo Lobo »
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  3-6-10 show

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.