Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  2010-03-18 Show - Cindy Sheehan Pro-Liberty? Not so much...
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010-03-18 Show - Cindy Sheehan Pro-Liberty? Not so much...  (Read 1621 times)

sdbytnar

• View Profile
2010-03-18 Show - Cindy Sheehan Pro-Liberty? Not so much...
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »

I am listening to last night's (2010-03-18) show and heard the discussion about Cindy Sheehan.  While she may be anti-war (at least the current ones), she is definitely not pro-liberty.  I didn't think that she was but did a search and confirmed my original thought.  She is a typical lefty anti-war advocate.  I found this article that she authored, http://www.progressive.org/mag/sheehan080608.html

Direct quote: Why, in one of the wealthiest countries in the world, do some have the "privilege" of being fully insured and healthy, when health care is a basic human right, not a privilege for the elitists?

Anyone who views health care/medical care as a basic human right cannot be pro-liberty.  While her view on the current wars in the Middle East is correct, I highly doubt many of her other views include Liberty.  In my view, she is a typical anti-war statist.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-03-18 Show - Cindy Sheehan Pro-Liberty? Not so much...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:59:56 PM »

I think she was originally coaxed into war protest by Michael Moore.

phonon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 02:19:32 AM »

If you are anti-war you should be on her side about that.

If only people would come together on issues where they agree, those issues might be better dealt with.

Scott Horton of antiwar.com is a libertarian and he has Cindy on his show quite often. They have a good interview and talk about the issue that they agree on.

Actually, Horton has on people from all stripes, Democrats, Republicans, Progressives, Paleocons. They differ in opinion on many issues, but all agree on this one issuse: war.

This doesn't have to be the only issue for which people of different stripes can come together.

Taxation, immigration, abortion, surveillance, torture, etc. can all be tackled if people forget their differences and come together where they agree.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »

What makes you think we aren't?  For example, I hang with my liberal pothead friends and my conservative gun nut friends, etc.  The problem comes when it's apparent that they're all for big government when it's outside their narrow issue (which is a stereotype, because about 20% of each group could be recognized as fellow travelers.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  2010-03-18 Show - Cindy Sheehan Pro-Liberty? Not so much...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 33 queries.