Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  1st post. 2 things..
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st post. 2 things..  (Read 2550 times)

gadgetfix

1st post. 2 things..
« on: September 01, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »

hey, love the show! thanks for the great work guys!

i have a few comments tho..

1. concerning the nudity equality demonstration. i got a little angry when i heard about this. not because i have anything against female nudity but because i felt that the girl involved was put into a very dangerous situation.

as far as i understand the woman was young, cute and the sole female in the demonstration. she was on the edge of a very dangerous cliff..

i mean, cops are among the most violent, dangerous, sexist people on the planet. and to them, you have gift-wrapped a young, attractive girl who has broken a law?!?!?! are you guys insane?? god only knows what could have possibly happened to her at their hands!

i'm certain the woman is capable of making her own decisions but if i were there i would have done everything in my power to talk her out of this. she put a bullseye on her own exposed chest and was very lucky that she made it out of that situation w/o being abused or harmed by those costumed animals!!

i apologize for being dramatic but my reaction when i heard about this was immediate and strong and i wanted to convey that in this post.

gadgetfix

Re: 1st post. 2 things..
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 03:09:14 PM »

i think i'll wait on the 2nd thing until this topic has had a few replies.

i appreciate all replies. thank you!!

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:16:51 PM »

They are just boobs dude, get over it. If you have ever been to a topless beach you would understand that men can control themselves. In fact, exposed breasts are only interesting for about a min. if they are just...there.
Pocho

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »

as far as i understand the woman was young, cute and the sole female in the demonstration. she was on the edge of a very dangerous cliff..

She wasn't alone. She wasn't even the only female.

And she was visibly armed.

What's your problem? The only danger she was in came from the men with flashy lights and the socially-accepted ability to put their hands on their guns and order a half-naked woman into the back of their car. That, by the way, was what she was protesting against.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

BobbyBones

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:18:38 AM »

Well, according to the show the "fight to go topless" is akin to the struggle to end slavery.  ::groan::  ::rolls eyes::

It's LibertARIAN, not LibertINE.  These types of activism do more to discredit Libertarianism than any statist could ever hope to.   

If they're going to charge modest individuals with being "repressive" and "inconsistent" then I say FTL should be consistent themselves and go even further:  Following the reasoning that FTL advanced on one of their recent shows:  Why not have sex in public?  It's just a silly cultural taboo right?  It doesn't harm anyone.   It not your fault if someone else finds that nonviolent act to be offensive.  I DARE these so-called "activists" to be consistent and have sex in public if they really believe that showing the entirety of the human body (a nonviolent act) should not be offensive. 

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:47:32 AM »

Most people want to see young attractive women nude, so it's not really much of a protest as an opportunity to see pretty women naked. I think that for a real protest to make a point, some women, overweight and 50+, should strip and then dare the cops to arrest them.

Also, I think more protests ought to be done involving violations of silly or stupid laws. The point is to put the lie to the old "We're just enforcing the law" claim. For example, there's a law in our town against kneeling on the sidewalk. A hundred people ought to make a big deal out of sidewalk kneeling, just to show that the cops are very selective in which laws they will enforce.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Trillian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:56:18 AM »

There's opinions that go every which way here, and like 8 pages about the toplessness http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=20199.2955 

And Welcome to the forum!  :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  1st post. 2 things..

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 46 queries.